The Last Lone Wolf

The Last Lone Wolf

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Mr. May: Jericho King, ex-marine, all businessThe Promise: Look after a fallen comrade's sister

The Price: She wanted his baby!

After a career of life-risking service, Jericho King desired only the solitude of his mountain lodge...and the occasional no-strings affair. But when Daisy Saxon arrived, his plans came to an end, for he'd once pledged his help if ever she was in ne...more
Paperback, Silhouette Desire, #2011, 184 pages
Published May 11th 2010 by Silhouette Books (first published May 1st 2010)

Buggy
Opening Line: “Now that looks like trouble.”

Do you ever find a book on your shelf and think to yourself why the hell did I buy this? Well that was the case with THE LAST LONE WOLF. I have no memory of purchasing it and no idea what attracted me to it in the first place. And in saying that now that I’ve slogged my through it I can also add that there was absolutely nothing new or interesting in this story except for maybe the premise which quite frankly doesn’t even make any sense.

Jericho King i...more
Donna
The characters were likeable, the plot very predictable. The ending was disappointing.....the big, guilty secret was just " underwhelming". I felt like the author just reached a specific word count and realized she had to end the story in 25 words or less!!
Elektragedia
amo los libros de esta autora, no digo nada de el porque me riego a escribir. pero si haré una reseña

Como en todo harlequin hay dos héroes, el protagonista un ex marine que no quiere tener amor en su vida, y una heroína que quiere conocer nuevamente una familia.

se enamoran en una cita bastante interesante, en un campamento dentro de la finca de Jerico, una cita bastante interesante. y una Daisy que le hace la vida a cuadritos y que enamora solo de verla.
Janet
May 01, 2014 Janet rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
The Last Lone Wolf (2010) by Maureen Child (SD # 2011)
Daisy was all alone after her last family member got killed. But despite that she had grieved and was now determined to make a good life for herself. This included making the family she had dreamed of. Being part of the system that destroyed her brother and someone her brother had admired a lot Jericho's long ago offer of help seemed to meld perfectly with her new agenda. Now while I liked Daisy a lot her hidden agenda did give me a lot of t...more
Ariana
Love this book, mainly because of the female lead. In the beginning she's annoying, but her resilience is pretty funny and cool. I love the fact that she took this dry man, that just wanted to be left alone, and warmed his heart to the core. She's no nonsense, and I wish more relationships started out like this!
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
I liked it alot. Not much sex considering it's a Harlequin Desire but it was a good wholesome story.
RLA
The hero Jericho runs a wilderness retreat, and the heroine Daisy turns up looking for a job as the retreat's cook. Jericho and Daisy actually have a connection, as Jericho was in the marines with Daisy's brother and with him when he died. Jericho offered help to Daisy after this happened and now she's here to take him up on his offer. Only it's not actually the job as Jericho thinks, instead Daisy is desperate for a family and plans to try and seduce Jericho in order to get pregnant. Jericho kn...more
Kathy
Adriana Melo
A Very predictable romance novel. I found Jericho a tad annoying and not very interesting. Daisy did the best she could to try to fit in. Half way through the book I was ready to give up on it but I just wanted to see if Daisy got her wish. I didn't think Jericho's secret to be anything worth thinking over. I was more exciting about the side characters such as his brothers and Sam and disappointed that they weren't more involved.
Taria Reed
this was a nice quick listen. I usually don't tend to enjoy stories that begin with "i need to trick him into marriage/knocking me up" but this one was tollerable. The narrator, Dave Beach, had a really nice voice and reminded me of Richard Frangione.

story - 3
narrator - 4
Christa
I didn't finish this book. It was hard to listen to because I didn't like the narrator.
Ladyacct
Another good King story.
PWRL
Sep 14, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
A
Ale Snape li
Ale Snape li marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Nirvana
Nirvana marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Swapna Patil
Swapna Patil marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Kim Hampton
Kim Hampton marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Miriam Cully
Miriam Cully marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
  • Bossman's Baby Scandal
  • The Secretary's Bossman Bargain
  • The Millionaire Meets His Match
  • Claimed: The Pregnant Heiress
  • To Tempt a Sheikh (Pride Of Zohayd, #2)
  • Her Little Secret, His Hidden Heir
  • Hot Westmoreland Nights
  • One Night, Two Babies (Silhouette Desire, #1966)
  • Billionaire's Proposition (Silhouette Desire, #1699)
  • Baby Business
  • The Innocent's Surrender
  • Will of Steel
  • Protecting the Pregnant Witness (The Precinct: S.W.A.T. Team, #3)
USA Today best selling author Maureen Child is the author of more than ninety romance novels and novellas. Maureen is a five time nominee for the prestigious Rita award from Romance Writers of America.
One of her novels, A Pocketful Of Paradise, was made into a CBS-TV movie called The Soul Collector, starring Melissa Gilbert, Bruce Greenwood and Ossie Davis.
Over the years, she’s written under lot...more
More about Maureen Child...
Baby Bonanza Bargaining for King's Baby Wedding at King's Convenience Bedeviled (Queen of the Otherworld, #1) Marrying for King's Millions (Kings of California, #2)