Start by marking “The Last Lone Wolf” as Want to Read:
The Last Lone Wolf
Preview

The Last Lone Wolf (Kings of California)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  203 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Mr. May: Jericho King, ex-marine, all businessThe Promise: Look after a fallen comrade's sister

The Price: She wanted his baby!

After a career of life-risking service, Jericho King desired only the solitude of his mountain lodge...and the occasional no-strings affair. But when Daisy Saxon arrived, his plans came to an end, for he'd once pledged his help if ever she was in ne
Paperback, Silhouette Desire, #2011, 184 pages
Published May 11th 2010 by Silhouette Books (first published May 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Lone Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Lone Wolf

Buggy
Opening Line: “Now that looks like trouble.”

Do you ever find a book on your shelf and think to yourself why the hell did I buy this? Well that was the case with THE LAST LONE WOLF. I have no memory of purchasing it and no idea what attracted me to it in the first place. And in saying that now that I’ve slogged my through it I can also add that there was absolutely nothing new or interesting in this story except for maybe the premise which quite frankly doesn’t even make any sense.

Jericho King i
Donna
The characters were likeable, the plot very predictable. The ending was disappointing.....the big, guilty secret was just " underwhelming". I felt like the author just reached a specific word count and realized she had to end the story in 25 words or less!!
Elektragedia
amo los libros de esta autora, no digo nada de el porque me riego a escribir. pero si haré una reseña

Como en todo harlequin hay dos héroes, el protagonista un ex marine que no quiere tener amor en su vida, y una heroína que quiere conocer nuevamente una familia.

se enamoran en una cita bastante interesante, en un campamento dentro de la finca de Jerico, una cita bastante interesante. y una Daisy que le hace la vida a cuadritos y que enamora solo de verla.
Jocelle Monteagudo
I've started reading the King Series from book 1 and so far, this book is on the bottom of my list. Maureen Child has used the baby/marriage plot for this series and I have nothing against it. As a matter of fact, I really liked the first book to this series (Bargaining for King's Baby)till the Wedding at King's Convenience. But this one has failed to live up to my expectations.

First reason, I dislike the heroine. I find that I absolutely can't relate to her or even want to.
Second, the plot. The
Janet
May 01, 2014 Janet rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
The Last Lone Wolf (2010) by Maureen Child (SD # 2011)
Daisy was all alone after her last family member got killed. But despite that she had grieved and was now determined to make a good life for herself. This included making the family she had dreamed of. Being part of the system that destroyed her brother and someone her brother had admired a lot Jericho's long ago offer of help seemed to meld perfectly with her new agenda. Now while I liked Daisy a lot her hidden agenda did give me a lot of t
Ariana
Love this book, mainly because of the female lead. In the beginning she's annoying, but her resilience is pretty funny and cool. I love the fact that she took this dry man, that just wanted to be left alone, and warmed his heart to the core. She's no nonsense, and I wish more relationships started out like this!
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
I liked it alot. Not much sex considering it's a Harlequin Desire but it was a good wholesome story.
RLA
The hero Jericho runs a wilderness retreat, and the heroine Daisy turns up looking for a job as the retreat's cook. Jericho and Daisy actually have a connection, as Jericho was in the marines with Daisy's brother and with him when he died. Jericho offered help to Daisy after this happened and now she's here to take him up on his offer. Only it's not actually the job as Jericho thinks, instead Daisy is desperate for a family and plans to try and seduce Jericho in order to get pregnant. Jericho kn ...more
Kathy
Adriana Melo
A Very predictable romance novel. I found Jericho a tad annoying and not very interesting. Daisy did the best she could to try to fit in. Half way through the book I was ready to give up on it but I just wanted to see if Daisy got her wish. I didn't think Jericho's secret to be anything worth thinking over. I was more exciting about the side characters such as his brothers and Sam and disappointed that they weren't more involved.
Taria Reed
this was a nice quick listen. I usually don't tend to enjoy stories that begin with "i need to trick him into marriage/knocking me up" but this one was tollerable. The narrator, Dave Beach, had a really nice voice and reminded me of Richard Frangione.

story - 3
narrator - 4
Christa
I didn't finish this book. It was hard to listen to because I didn't like the narrator.
Ladyacct
Another good King story.
PWRL
Sep 14, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
A
Jarlene Ty
Jarlene Ty marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Carina Furter
Carina Furter marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Brittney Bower
Brittney Bower marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Tanvi
Tanvi marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
  • The Tycoon Takes a Wife (The Landis Brothers, #4)
  • Dante's Ultimate Gamble (The Dante Legacy #5)
  • From Playboy to Papa! (Silhouette Desire, #1987) (Man of the Month)
  • The Millionaire Meets His Match (Duke Brothers #1)
  • The Secretary's Bossman Bargain
  • The Boss's Baby Affair
  • Bachelor's Bought Bride (Kings of the Boardroom #5)
  • Million-Dollar Marriage Merger (Napa Valley Vows, #1)
  • One Night with Prince Charming (Aristocratic Grooms, #2)
  • Revealed: His Secret Child (The Takeover #3)
  • Secrets of the Tycoon's Bride
  • The CEO's Accidental Bride
USA Today best selling author Maureen Child is the author of more than ninety romance novels and novellas. Maureen is a five time nominee for the prestigious Rita award from Romance Writers of America.
One of her novels, A Pocketful Of Paradise, was made into a CBS-TV movie called The Soul Collector, starring Melissa Gilbert, Bruce Greenwood and Ossie Davis.
Over the years, she’s written under lot
More about Maureen Child...

Kings of California (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Bargaining for King's Baby (Kings of California, #1)
  • Marrying for King's Millions (Kings of California, #2)
  • Falling for King's Fortune (Kings of California, #3)
  • Conquering King's Heart (Kings of California, #4)
  • Claiming King's Baby (Kings of California, #5)
  • Wedding at King's Convenience (Kings of California, #6)
  • Cinderella & the CEO (Kings of California, #7)
  • King's Million-Dollar Secret (Kings of California, #8)
  • Ready for King's Seduction (Kings of California, #9)
  • The Temporary Mrs. King (Kings of California, #10)
Baby Bonanza Beauty and the Best Man (Dynasties: The Lassiters) Bargaining for King's Baby (Kings of California, #1) Wedding at King's Convenience (Kings of California, #6) Bedeviled (Queen of the Otherworld, #1)