Start by marking “Cuentos Completos II ” as Want to Read:
Cuentos Completos II

Cuentos Completos II (The Complete Stories #2)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  1,008 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Los miles de lectores de Asimov que vienen apasionándose desde hace más de cincuenta años con sus cuentos de ciencia ficción se han topado constantemente con el mismo problema: se trata de un escritor tan prolífico que resulta casi imposible tener la certeza de haber leído todo lo que publicó en este género. Para ellos, este libro y el volumen que le precedió serán sin dud ...more
Paperback, 1st edition, 731 pages
Published April 1st 2005 by Ediciones B (first published January 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Cuentos Completos II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cuentos Completos II

Will V.
I love Asimov's short stories. They are excellent. I particularly enjoy his take on a future where computing power and miniaturization never joined forces; his Multivac fills kilometers of underground tunnels in a secure location. But the computer is never the point of the story; he's extremely adept at creating believable characters acting within the boundaries of a sparsely described yet immersive universe.

This book is volume I of a planned 3 part series; years ago, I was able to buy part I a
Otis Campbell
Volume Two contains short stories previously published in several other anthologies:

Not Final!
Exile to Hell
Key Item
Feminine Int
Rachana Vaidya
this is what i call a complete "thinker" stories book. the collections of stories kept me thinking days after reading it. the ugly little boy is about a time travel experiment which brings a Neanderthal boy to the future to study his psychology and behaviour. this story got me involved with its plot and made me think about the social ramifications connected to high technology. Then "Nightfall" a complete stunner where he talks abt how people who have never seen darkness would feel when they expe ...more
Kiran Shetty
Must read for any sci fi junkie....also it contains on of the best sci-fi short stories ever written, though I didnt find it as good as the other stories like Sally, Its a Beautiful Day.
Alanis Garcia
It's Asimov,
It's Short stories
What more is there to say?

Well a lot.
I've read most of these but it was still a pleasant read.
My favorite is the "Singing Stone"
A nice little mystery where physics is the answer.
Did not realize that the protagonist in this story also was in three other stories, included in this volume.
A few robot stories with his longer story "Bicentennial Man" I had not realized that this book does a pretty good job of summing up transgender feelings, although I suspect it was more
Jarezal
Segundo volumen recopilatorio de cuentos breves de Asimov. Personalmente, me gustó más como conjunto el primer recopilatorio aunque en este libro hay muy buenas historias como “El hombre bicentenario”, “La bola de billar”, “La carrera de la Reina Roja”, “El dedo del mono”, “La clave” o “Versos luminosos”.

Sobre la edición de la recopilación, sigo echando en falta, al igual que en el primer volumen, dos cosas. Por un lado, echo en falta el año de publicación de cada cuento. Este detalle ayudaría a
Remo

Segunda y por el momento última entrega de los cuentos completos de Isaac Asimov [IA]. Una gozada, oiga. En este voumen están los relatos del hombre bicentenario, que inspiró la película con Robin Williams de protagonista, y muchos relatos de robots. Me encanta cuando al principio de un cuento aparecen citadas las tres leyes de la robótica, que creó IA y que se han convertido casi en una máxima universal:

Las tres leyes de la robótica1.- Un robot no puede dañar a un ser humano ni, por inacción,
Lyuba
Highly recommend the short story What If - the concept of faith and things happening for a reason told in a simple,straight-forward way.
"...in the world of reality we can't be held responsible for the 'what ifs.'"

The short story 'What is this thing called Love' was pretty good too although I will never be the biggest fan of early sci-fi.

I love how he conveys his messages purely by leveraging character's conversation - not a single wasted description or detail.
Allan
I really enjoy the short stories. It's easy to just sit down for a little bit and expand your mind. I do like how he touches upon the social and political issues that could arise out of robots. One of the last stories just blows the 3 laws out of the water in a simple horrific way which was very cool. Especially since most of his stories revolve around the immutable effectiveness of the three laws. Bicentennial man was another treat I found hidden within it's pages and it made me want to see the ...more
Sorin Craciun

What is This Thing Called Love ? ****
The Machine that Won the War ****
My Son, The Physics ***
Halik
Awesome read. 'Nightfall' in particular was stunning in the scope of its idea. Not all the stories are completely satisfying if you know what i mean; he leaves a lot of Unanswered questions and conceptual mystery that is a bit frustrating. But the best of sci fi tends to to the same thing, without appearing as if the author left it open cause he couldn't think of something good enough. There is a strong retro feel that is to be expected with sci fi written in the fifties. characters 2000 years i ...more
Victor Tasayco
Bueno historias, muchas de mis favoritas, tiene el hombre bicentenario.
Vinny
Luis Mtz
En este segundo tomo el enfoque pasa de las computadoras a los robots y al viaje espacial, pero no deja de lado los cuestionamientos que en los cuentos del anterior tomo se proponen. El desarrollo humano obstruido por los mismos humanos, por sus estereotipos y sus miedos, la ambigüedad de lo que llamamos "humanidad" y otros temas los aborda con una sencillez de lectura y a la vez con una complejidad de posibilidades que dejan en claro por qué Asimov es considerado un ídolo y un visionario.
Abel
No es de mi gusto. Bien narrado, pero me aburrí mucho. Mucha explicación, poco avance
Dylan Blum
Many of the stories were very outdated and old fashioned. However, for the most part Asimov still made them interesting despite the fact that they were written 60 years ago. My favorite stories were Nightfall, Green Patches, What is this thing called love, and It's such a beautiful day.
Suchitra
Breeds there a man, C chute, Its a beautiful day are my favourites from this second volume of collection of short stories by Asimov. His short stories are almost perfect! most of them i mean. there were a few stories i had not read before, so that was interesting to read.
Tom
I like science fiction sometimes, as a reminder that plot matters too.

there are about a million stories in here, and I don't plan to read them all. But I'm gradually picking my way through here, during those times when I want to read but can't invest two hours in a novel.
Ivy Gathii
'Nightfall' and 'Breeds There a Man...?' were heaven sent. Including a couple others. Brilliant sci-fi.
Mike
Actually, I am nearly finished with this one. Some of the stories included in the anthology I have read before, but Asimov is really a good story-teller, so I like his Sci-fi.

David Sánchez
Insdispensable para los amantes de la ciencia ficción y los cuentos. Escrito con una grandiosa imaginación.
Vaibhav mishra
Specially liked the larger than life stories
The green patches and breeds there a man.
Senthil Kumaran
All the stories were amazing. I'd read those stories again if I get a chance.
Kimberly
I couldn't finish this complilation. I guess I'm not a fan.
Sarai Dominguez
Love the short stories! this is what got me hooked on Sci-fi books!
Jupiter Barrera
Me encantan los cuentos de Isaac asimov!
Luis Fernando
Una genialidad tras otra
  • The Bachman Books
  • Cropper's Cabin
  • Reach for Tomorrow
  • Galactic Empires 1
  • Beyond Lies the Wub
  • War with the Robots (Science Fiction)
  • Screwjack: A Short Story
  • Far Horizons: All New Tales from the Greatest Worlds of Science Fiction
  • Destination: Universe!
  • The Third Millenium

Professor Asimov is generally considered the most prolific writer of all time, having written or edited more than 500 books and an estimated 90,000 letters and postcards. He has works published in nine of the te
More about Isaac Asimov...

The Complete Stories (2 books)
  • The Complete Stories, Vol 1
Foundation (Foundation, #1) I, Robot (Robot, #0.1) Foundation and Empire (Foundation, #2) Second Foundation (Foundation, #3) The Foundation Trilogy (Foundation, #1-3)