Start by marking “Rogue (H.I.V.E, #5)” as Want to Read:
Rogue (H.I.V.E, #5)

Rogue (H.I.V.E. #5)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  2,615 ratings  ·  69 reviews
Key members of G.L.O.V.E. are being assassinated and Otto, gone rogue, is behind the killings. Raven and Wing must find him before the order to eliminate him can be carried out ...
Published May 3rd 2010 by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC (first published May 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Rogue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rogue

Stormbreaker by Anthony HorowitzFledgling by Mark A. CooperThe Recruit by Robert MuchamoreSilverFin by Charlie HigsonSkeleton Key by Anthony Horowitz
Worlds Greatest Teen Spy Novels
58th out of 826 books — 469 voters
Fledgling by Mark A. CooperThe Recruit by Robert MuchamoreCross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally CarterSilverFin by Charlie HigsonRussian Roulette by Anthony Horowitz
Books Like Alex Rider
101st out of 844 books — 582 voters

More lists with this book...

Owen
Katrina
The HIVE series has a lot of elements that one might consider cliché in a villain/hero story like this. There are the types of villains that would fit right into a James Bond movie as well as an indestructible hero that survives. It might be bothering me a little bit that it’s always the very same five children who get in trouble (or sometimes it’s seven but Franz and Nigel are quite sidelined (again) in this book).
This novel granted us the reappearance of the earlier imprisoned Cypher, who is
PurplyCookie
The leaders of the world's villainous forces are being picked off one by one in a series of mysterious attacks and Dr. Nero is forced to take temporary control of G.L.O.V.E. when Diabolus Darkdoom is seriously injured.

He then discovers that Otto, who has now been missing for several months since Dreadnought, is leading the attacks. Under pressure from the remaining members of the ruling council, Nero is left with no choice but to issue a capture or kill order for Otto. Wing learns of the order
Amanda
They are getting darker; I guess I should have expected this. 2 books left to go in the series. What's a girl to do? The good bad guys are still fighting the bad bad guys...and winning?

But the ratio of violence/deaths/the end justifies the means is definitely higher. Bad language is still there (not sure if it is stronger or just still there). No real level of romance. Drinking/smoking mentioned in passing (done by the bad bad guys). Trying to take over the world for sheer crazy "I am a psychot
Natalie C.
This has been the best book so far in the series. The suspense was killing me the entirety of the time, the action writing makes me feel like I’m in a superhero movie. I like how there are multitudes of perspectives so the story can be in many places at once, it makes the story more well-rounded. I wish there were more background characters though, there are only the “main group” and others who are important to the story. Characters who don’t matter as much would add more depth, because it’s not ...more
IndyPL Kids Book Blog
Wing, Laura, Shelby & Nigel are still at H.I.V.E., (Higher Institute of Villainous Education) learning how to become the world’s top supervillains. Otto isn’t there though, he’s been missing since their last mission months ago.

When a couple villains on the G.L.O.V.E. (Global League Of Villainous Enterprises) ruling council are gunned down and there is an asassination attempt on G.L.O.V.E.’s leader, Diabolus Darkdoom, the villains suspect they are slowly being hunted down.

Only a specially tra
Justin Yan

Aha, it is about time that I review this extraordinary book. As the fifth book in the H.I.V.E. series, you will not become bored by this book as it has an extremely interesting twist to it. True to the other books in the series, it is told in good old third person with the original characters still an integral part of the plot. As you may think that after 4 books what really is there to improve upon and add to the plot? Mark Walden is truly an amazing man as far as being able to conjure up some

Derrick
Rogue by Mark Walden is the fifth book in the HIVE series. It was very very good in my opinion because there is once again a lot of twists and turns, which just makes the book more interesting. The HIVE series has a lot of high tech material inside. Most of the battles are not the type of war we have nowadays, but it is a more advanced warfare that is better than anything in the current world, but in the current world.

At the start of the book, a member of the GLOVE ruling council is assassinate
Jim
As a rule, it's rare to find a series where the fifth book is still meeting (if not exceeding) the standards set by the first. Happily, H.I.V.E. seems to be one of those rare exceptions. The story in Rogue picks up almost right where the previous book, Dreadnought, left off, and catapults the reader straight back into its world of action, intrigue, deadly dangers and narrow escapes. I was so engrossed, I nearly read the whole thing in one sitting. This book has a somewhat harder edge to it than ...more
Ms. Mielke's Class
This book is now definitely one of my favorites. It grabs the reader's attention and doesn't let go.
In this book Otto goes rogue and begins assassinating members of the glove ruling council. When Wing hears about this he sets off with raven to save him before the G.L.O.V.E. ruling council can get to him.

This book was a amazing addition to the series in my opinion and I don't think you will be overly disappointed with this book. -GT
Jodie
This is the 5th book in the H.I.V.E. series. Otto has been taken by the enemy and the headmaster of H.I.V.E. finds out that he is attacking people from the villain society he is in (G.L.O.V.E.). Raven and Otto's best friend Wing are trying to find Otto and turn him back before he gets killed. This book is really good, interesting, and action-packed (like all the books in the H.I.V.E. series) and I definitely recommend it.
Lloyd
Compared to the last couple, I really enjoyed this one. The shape of the books to come is clearly spelled out, and the action was fast and unrelenting. Of course, not without the standard farce of young adult fiction where nobody important ever dies, and stupendous coincidences save the main characters at critical moments. But, still fun.
Katherine Roberts
A good book for teenage boys, full of gadgets and explosions and a plot that reads like an all-action movie. My rating reflects the fact I found it difficult to connect with any of the characters, and wasn't really sure who I was supposed to be rooting for. There are some younger characters who get into trouble, but there do not appear to be any good guys. Those who stood out for me were the boy Otto (who is a victim in this book so has little chance to take control), and two kick-ass lady warri ...more
Nicanor
Yes! Now this is a way to give momentum to a series.

Even with my rating, I though Dreadnought to be BORING for some reasons. I don't know if it is the fact that it had too much Diabolus (which I believe is a super boring character) or the fact that, besides the end, there is really not a big new adition (besides Lucy, but it was way too early for her to be relevant)

But with Rogue? Taking exactly from the last cliffhanger, action from start to finish, tension, return from previous books (always a
Katrina
Oct 19, 2011 Katrina rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the Series
Stephen
This is a great series for boys looking for an action adventure novel. Girls can also enjoy these books and may even find some romance within.
Stephen
Elise
Pauline
This might be my favorite book in the series so far...

Wing and Otto, please continue your bromance...
Kevin S.
My favorite book in the series
Joyce
I want to be the assassin Raven except when she gets tortured. Love her.
Anne
Book 5 in the H.I.V.E. series.
The action and adventure continues as Otto Malpense is being used by the nefarious leaders of H.O.P.E. to take over the world. Raven and Wing set off for the Amazonian headquarters to rescue him; Laura, Lucy, and Shelby have been taken as hostages, Cypher is on the loose.
Fans of the series will continue to enjoy the exploits of these characters. Those who enjoyed Alex Rider will like these, too, but they need to start with the first of the series.
Tshepiso
Does nobody die in this series no seriously you think that someone's dead only to realize two chapters theater that they are alive
Eric
Here's the fifth installment in Mark Walden's ongoing H.I.V.E. series. Each volume is not so much a book as it is a small piece of a bigger story arc. Rogue, for example, continues the adventure begun way back in The Overlord Protocol. That's four books and counting. There's no turning back now.

Full review: http://superheronovels.com/2013/03/15...

Kevin
I really enjoy this series. It's supposed to be the school for super-villains, but they do seem to spend a lot of time saving the world. This one was interesting because it has one of the main characters, Otto, out of commission and not really a part of the story. I liked the twists and turns and the character conflicts. I would recommend these if you can get your hands on them.
Nathalie
As usual, action-packed to the gills. So much that I find myself getting lost a coupla times. Still, a very good cannot-put-down read. Giving this 5 stars if only for the fact that H.I.V.E.mind is back, and nearly brought down H.I.V.E. in the process. For a bunch of supposed evil villains, these guys sure have quite strong morals. And Raven still kicks serious ass of course.
Hayden
Awwwww, I missed Otto when he was a good guy. ha, it's still hard to think that he's a villain. All of us that are reading this should really be supporting H.O.P.E....

CLIFFHANGER!!!! Once again, I'm not worried - I've already started Zero Hour. Because I've timed it right, The next H.I.V.E book will be coming out soon after I've finished Zero Hour

*Will finish later*
Brooke
Otto is captured and turned into a deadly enemy agent. I didn't enjoy reading the scenes where Otto was the evil guy - but Nero and
Raven with the help of Wing work it out. In the end i enjoyed this book as much as the others. I think I am ready for the series to end. However, I am not a twelve year old - but I definitely enjoy recommending this to young teen readers!
Soumya
I really enjoyed this novel. While not entirely suspicious, this book was definitely gripping. The comeback of old characters, the introduction of new ones, and the crazy plans of villains kept me under this books's spell. The action and gadgets did not let me down. A great 5th book in the HIVE series. I definitely recommend this book to fans of spy themed books.
  • Virus Attack (Hero.Com, #2)
  • The End of Infinity (Jack Blank Adventure, #3)
  • Day of the Predator (TimeRiders, #2)
  • The Lab (Agent Six of Hearts, #1)
  • Monster Madness (Nightmare Academy #2)
  • Jimmy Coates: Target
  • Sure Fire (Rich and Jade, #1)
  • The Genius Wars (Genius, #3)
  • By Royal Command (Young Bond, #5)
  • The Academy (Steel Trapp, #2)
  • The Reckoning (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #3)
  • Secret Army (Henderson's Boys, #3)
I am the world’s laziest man.

No…really. Not just a bit slack, really, truly, breathtakingly lazy.

Which is why it’s taken me so long to get off my big, lazy rear end and get myself properly on-line.

I’m the author of the HIVE series of books which I hope that some of the people who stumble across this might have read and enjoyed. Or read and hated…

I am fortunate enough to live with the two most beau
More about Mark Walden...

H.I.V.E. (9 books)
  • H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education (H.I.V.E., #1)
  • The Overlord Protocol (H.I.V.E., #2)
  • Escape Velocity (H.I.V.E., #3)
  • Dreadnought (H.I.V.E, #4)
  • Zero Hour (H.I.V.E, #6)
  • Aftershock (H.I.V.E., #7)
  • Deadlock (H.I.V.E., #8)
  • H.I.V.E. #9
H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education (H.I.V.E., #1) The Overlord Protocol (H.I.V.E., #2) Escape Velocity (H.I.V.E., #3) Dreadnought (H.I.V.E, #4) Zero Hour (H.I.V.E, #6)

“her keyboard. “There,” she said eventually. “Bringing up real-time scan.” The display changed to a zoomed-in view of the Animus penetration around the object, as several of the tendrils of the black fluid crept toward it. Creed’s eyes widened as just a moment later he saw the Animus shrink away from the object. It was impossible to say whether it had been driven back or had recoiled voluntarily, but the reason was at least clear why this tiny part of Malpense’s brain had remained free of Animus. Unfortunately, it left them no closer to understanding what the object was. That would require an invasive,” 1 likes