Start by marking “The Homestyle Amish Kitchen Cookbook: Plainly Delicious Recipes From The Simple Life” as Want to Read:

Just about everyone is fascinated by the Amish—their simple, family-centered lifestyle, colorful quilts, and hearty, homemade meals. Straight from the heart of Amish country, this celebration of hearth and home will delight readers with the pleasures of the family table as they take a peek at the Amish way of life—a life filled with the self-reliance and peace of mind that ...more
Spiral-bound, 272 pages
Published March 1st 2010 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Homestyle Amish Kitchen Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Homestyle Amish Kitchen Cookbook

Marathon County Public Library MCPL

People are fascinated with the Amish way of life. This cookbook not only features wonderful, economical dishes but also gives readers a glimpse into Amish living. The recipes in this book are ones that the author fed her family, including her three sons. Popcorn Birthday Cake, Funeral Pie, Shepherd's Pie, Rice Krispie Hamburger Bake, Calico Beans, Chicken Tetrazzini and Snitz and Knepp are just a few of the hundreds of recipes featured in this book. "Wunderbaar Gut."

Paula L. / Marathon County Pu
Diana Gotsch
Jan 17, 2014 Diana Gotsch rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
I was given this for Christmas. It is not the kind of cookbook I normally play with but I thought i'd give it a try. Too many of the recipes included ingredients that are not staples in my house. Velveeta Cheese for example. The couple of recipes I did try were O.K. but nothing I will do again. Desserts make up about half the book. Several looked tempting but right now I don't really need another dessert. Still carrying to much of the holidays around.

The order of recipes is a little odd. They
Angela
Nov 05, 2014 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recipes look good...just some typos

I am writing this in the hope that some corrections would be made. I looked through the recipes and they look amazing! However, sometimes important numbers are missing. Several times either the amount of an ingredient, the oven temp or how long it is cooked/baked is missing and there is a dot there instead. Please fix this Ms. Varozza! Your recipes have my mouth watering :)
Jane
Aug 23, 2011 Jane rated it liked it
a few too many processed & canned (high sodium) recipe items for my taste but also quite a few wonderful scratch Dutch recipes. I enjoyed reading & seeing recipes I grew up consuming. Very easy recipes to adjust.
Deanna
May 06, 2012 Deanna rated it liked it
This book has yummy recipes. The Pear Pudding Cake was easy and yummy. I am making that one again. Some of the recipes were abit "modern" for what I thought Amish cooking was about. But, what do I know, I am not Amish...
Karen
Oct 03, 2013 Karen rated it liked it
Not enough pictures
bobi sherrill
bobi sherrill rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2016
Mary Ellen Thompson
Mary Ellen Thompson rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2011
Camille
Camille rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
Kathy Eckerson
Kathy Eckerson rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2014
Mary E Russell
Mary E Russell rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2015
A
A rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2011
Diane Hope
Diane Hope rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2012
Joanne Romel
Joanne Romel rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2015
Carol S Mirany
Carol S Mirany rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2017
Nance Nicholls
Nance Nicholls rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2016
Amie Roth
Amie Roth rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2013
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2013
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2015
Lydia
Lydia rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2012
Patsy
Patsy rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2010
Helena
Helena rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
Mufintop
Mufintop rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2015
tara
tara rated it did not like it
Apr 05, 2014
Shoshana
Shoshana rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2015
Edi
Edi rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2013
Chelsey
Chelsey rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2014
metheny
metheny rated it did not like it
Jan 21, 2015
Paula Ptomey
Paula Ptomey rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2016