Start by marking “Blank” as Want to Read:
Blank

Blank

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Kyle thinks he can blank out his past one guy at a time. No love, no caring, just tons of sex and life in the recovering addict lane. Anything to fill the void in himself and still the anxiety. When he moves to Montana on a whim to change his life at least for the time being Kyle realises that all it takes is one cowboy who looks more like a surfer to change things. One ma ...more
Published March 2010 by Xcite Books

To ask other readers questions about Blank, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blank

Book Utopia
Lena Grey
Betrayal is the worst tragedies of all. It changes you down to your core, makes you look at life differently. You wonder: How could I have been so blind? Stupid? Trusting? Gullible? Careless? You become possessed by horrible self-doubt, fear, and most of all anger; you want to hold on to this anger, because it's preferable to the horrible pain you feel when the anger abates. Unfortunately, keeping your anger inside or trying to blank it out with self-destructive behavior only causes it to burrow ...more
Readers Roundtable
Laurel’s Review:

Quick and hard. I happrn to like my reads like Kyle likes his sex, and this little book more than satisfied. I haven’t had many one sitting reads lately, so it was nice that I got from beginning to end in one go. Nice that I couldn’t have had the story pried out of my fingers for anything less than dire emergency.

Kyle has a hard, desperate edge about him, one that appeals to me as a character I might write. Ms. Marsden doesn’t shy from the empty hole that betrayed love can leave.
Lucas Steele
Kyle is a man in pain. The man he loved has left him and as a result, his life has spiralled out of control, into drugs and prison. “Blank” takes place after he gets out of prison, when he is trying to find himself again and alleviate the pain of being alone, having lost someone he loved completely. He can only expel his pain by using men’s bodies to dull the agony – his new addiction, sex. If he can only screw man after man the pain will slowly leave him and he will be himself again. Part of th ...more
Pat
Nov 12, 2010 Pat rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
I've read a lot of slash lately but those characters I knew. To love this book so much was a surprise.

Kyle the main protagonist is a flawed character that is quite likable in his struggle to overcome a first bad breakup and finding a new direction and purpose to his life.
He does so with a strings of hot one night stands that makes you happy just remembering them and a hard earned place next to his new love, Tad, that is quite endearing.

There is sweetness and harshness in this story but it adds
ManOhMan
Reviewed by Markie:
This novella is more of a short story at 38 pages. Yet, it packs on hell of a punch within those few pages.

Full of grit and rather hot sex, if you like a fast paced, quick read, this should be on your buy list. Kudos to the author.

A+
Lexi Ander
This is not a romance. It is short and at the start sort of dark as it works through the story. It's about finding a place to start caring again if he can allow himself that vulnerability.
D.H. Starr
BLANK was a surprising read for me; surprising in a great way. This short story written by Sommer Marsden introduces us to Kyle, a man who has struggled and is still struggling when we meet him at the story's opening.

There is a lot of history that is hinted at, some things explicitly, others less so, but the artistry with which author Sommer Marsden painted this character and his complexity drew me in from the very first pages.

I do not typically read stories about dark characters who live jaded
Kazza
I liked the concept. I like a character driven story. I quite like first person present tense as well, while it did suit the subject at hand it needed to be longer to really pull it off. The writing was concise but because of the story's overall length it was all too concise to allow any real attachment to or empathy for the main characters.

Kyle is difficult to like because he's just so morose, insular, and ambivalent about his life. He seriously doesn't know who he is or what he wants, just tha
♥Xeni♥
Kyle is having a seriously bad time of it: drinking and sleeping his way through his breakup with his last boyfriend. So he does something crazy and ends up in Montana, as a cowboy. But there he realizes that there could be someone new in store for him, if he were only brave enough.

This was a rather short book, but what there was of it was pretty great! The plot was clear-cut, the characters were fresh and full and Kyle was a sympathetic main character.

I didn't like the writing style too much.
Tad
Tad marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Janine
Janine added it
Aug 16, 2014
Pastor
Pastor marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Steff
Steff marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Jos
Jos marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Lucia
Lucia marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Stacey Feehley
Stacey Feehley marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2013
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Professional dirty word writer, gluten free baker, sock addict, fat wiener dog walker, expert procrastinator. That sums it up.

Sommer Marsden has been called “…one of the top storytellers in the erotica genre” (Violet Blue), “Unapologetic” (Alison Tyler), “…the whirling dervish of erotica” (Craig J. Sorensen),and "Erotica royalty..." (Lucy Felthouse). Her erotic novels include Restricted Release, R
More about Sommer Marsden...
Learning to Drown Restless Spirit: An Erotic Novel Taste It The Highest Bidder Unexpected