Start by marking “Tacky's Christmas” as Want to Read:
Tacky's Christmas

Tacky's Christmas (Tacky)

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Deck the iceberg wrap a gifty Fa la la la la la la la la... Tacky, Goodly, Lovely, Angel, Neatly, and Perfect are celebrating the holiday with good cheer, singing, and lots of presents. Tacky’s present is a little bit different, and not exactly what his friends had in mind, but when the Christmas merrymaking is interrupted by hunters in search of pretty penguins, it's Tac ...more
Hardcover, with audio CD, 32 pages
Published September 27th 2010 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Tacky's Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tacky's Christmas

Queen
It was... cute - because they're penguins. BUT this book came with a music CD - which earned the third star. Otherwise the book would be just two stars. My girls love the CD. The music/lyrics - crack me up.
Ann Keller
Good story about the underdog who triumphs over all. Some of us may not appear to fit in, but just when the chips are down, the "tacky" or weird guy could very well save the day.
Donalyn
I adore Tacky the Penguin, but I am horrified by this Christmas book, which is so clearly a marketing ploy designed to milk more dollars out of the character. The story is nothing special and retreads much of the original book's plot.
Nancy Jo Lambert
Tacky is an odd duck, er, penguin. However, he shows us that through our individuality, we can be important to each other. Tacky is a classic character who has so much to offer to children.
Dolly
Dec 16, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We love the Tacky stories by Helen Lester and Lynn Munsinger. The narratives are entertaining and the illustrations are always so humorous.

This is a fun Christmas-themed story, although the plot wasn't overly unique. We enjoyed reading this book together and listening to the CD of Tacky-themed holiday songs. Our girls were disappointed that the narrative of the story wasn't also included with the CD, but otherwise liked the book.
Shelli
This holiday themed Tacky book is a fun read aloud to share with your kiddos around Christmas time. As always Tacky dances to the beat of his own drum, and the rest of the penguins (eventually) enjoy his quirky ways.
WiseAntiquary
Just your average Christmas children's book. Nothing special. The penguins are cute but I didn't care for the hunters' dialogue. I'm sure most children would enjoy it, however.
Mckinley
I didn't get where this was going with the hunters showing up; perhaps to re-enforce the idea of peace with enemies on Christmas?
Adrienne
That funny little Tacky makes Christmas an occasion to remember for his penguin friends. Cute little story.
Jill
Fun and enjoyable as our first introduction to the Tacky character.
Ryan
I like the Tacky Stories.
Carol Waters
Did not care for the hunters.
Lydia
Christmas comes to Icey-land! Tacky and the other penguins prepare for Christmas, but have unexpected visitors.

Strongly reminds me of the first Tacky book, and while not as laugh-out-loud funny as some of the other stories, still an enjoyable read and a good story with plenty of chuckle moments. Tacky fans everywhere will enjoy it, whatever their age.

No objectionable content, and a really good lesson in friendship.

Nick
Not as good as the other Tacky the Penguin books. This one appears to be a slightly forced attempt to do a Christmas book with a character that is usually just goofy fun. The resolution is just strange, even for a Tacky book. The artwork is very nice, but I'm a little disappointed.
Kirsten
Tacky never fails to make me smile. From his Hawaiian shirt to putting glitter on his hot dog, Tacky is THE man, flippers down. Yet another cute story told Tacky style. These are really a gas to read to the kids.
Natalie Heavrin
This book was all over the place. I did not understand how one thing related to the next. Some of the lines were funny, and it had cute pictures. But besides that, I did not like it.
Jj
The book? Meh. Honestly, the CD is fun, and provides for a few zippy musical romps. I'd recommend a listen over a read with good old Tacky here.
Julie
Followers of the Tacky series by Helen Lester will like this new installment, but it was not as fabulous as the first titles.
Kathryn
The illustrations are adorable and how can one not love Tacky, Goodly, Lovely, Angel, Neartly and Perfect?
Tiffany
Not as good as the first Tacky, but a fun book. My boys like it and can quote parts of it.
Beverly
Tacky and his penguin friends celebrate Christmas in his usual chaotic and hilarious way.
Linda
Even though I love Tacky and all that he stands for, this was not a favorite.
Cheryl
I love Tacky the penguin books. This one has Santa Claus and special songs.
Jennifer Allen
Cute book. This one comes with the songs Tacky sang! So cute!
Beth
Tacky didn't mess up at all and the other penguins didn't get mad :<
Kathy E.
Not nearly as fun as the original. The cd of songs is cute, though.
Caren
Might be a silly one to read to younger kids.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Stick with the original Tacky books.
Peacegal
The storyline was a bit of a mess.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • My Penguin Osbert
  • Fletcher and the Springtime Blossoms
  • The Very Best Pumpkin
  • Pierre the Penguin: A True Story
  • Merry Christmas, Splat
  • Josephine Wants to Dance
  • Calvin Can't Fly: The Story of a Bookworm Birdie
  • Toy Dance Party (Toys #2)
  • Toy Boat
  • A Wish to Be a Christmas Tree
  • Dahlia
  • Soup Day
  • Fanny
  • Have You Seen My Dragon?
Tacky the Penguin Hooway for Wodney Wat A Porcupine Named Fluffy Three Cheers for Tacky Me First