Still the One (The Best Gift, #2)

Still the One (The Best Gift #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  144 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The sequel to The Best Gift .

Best friends, Malcolm and Dusty, have been together as a happy couple for five years. But now Malcolm’s budding career as a stage actor has taken an exciting turn sending him across the country to Broadway just as Dustin’s dream of being named Head Chef at the restaurant where he works is coming true.

As the distance tests their relationship, ca...more
ebook
Published April 11th 2010 by Amber Quill

To ask other readers questions about Still the One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still the One

Daisiemae
Apr 11, 2010 Daisiemae rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Shawn Lane Fans/Fans of M/M Romance
Recommended to Daisiemae by: She's an automatic buy for me
Shawn Lane fans rejoice! Her newest book, Still the One, is a continuation of one of my favorite couples Malcolm and Dusty. We first met them in her hot and sexy Christmas story, The Best Gift, which brought cheer and happiness to my holiday season.

Still the One begins five years after The Best Gift left off. Malcolm and Dusty have had good years together, but their relationship has come to a crossroad. Both men are dedicated not only to each other, but to their careers. When a once in a lifetim...more
Erotic Horizon
I had the opportunity to read STILL THE ONE during my read-a-thon the other day and I really liked it. STILL THE ONE is a little more about the life of Dusty and Malcolm who I was originally introduced to in THE BEST GIFT.

My last interaction with Malcolm and Dusty was bittersweet, as Dusty has yet again come to Malcolm's aide, but on that final occasion he lets Malcolm in on his little secret; he was in love with him and wants to see where they can go with the attraction...

And that where THE BES...more
Kathy
4½ stars - Shawn Lane has written some fantastic stories and Still the One is another one. Malcolm and Dusty were a wonderful couple and it was great revisiting them. And actually, I really loved the second story; there's more detail, more character and one heckuva roller coaster of emotions. But what brought the two men together in the first place [ The Best Gift :] is still there and with a love like theirs they can work through anything.

Still the One is beautiful, and once again, Shawn Lane...more
Mahlet
Apr 24, 2010 Mahlet rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People that read The Best Gift
I don't know which Shawn Lane fans pressured her into giving us more of Dusty and Malcolm, although I have a few suspects - but thank you, thank you, thank you, because this was such a sweet treat :)

If you've read The Best Gift by Shawn Lane, then you've already met Dusty and Malcolm. They've been friends since junior high and finally admitted their love for one another in The Best Gift. This follow up story takes place 5 years later. Dusty is working long, hard hours at an LA restaurant where he's rumored to be the nex...more
Alina
Not as easy read as The Best Gift and my heart ached for both of them, especially Dustin, but I was very satisfyed with the ending. I really liked, that Malcolm choose to quit the play and return home, even though the play was quite successful, so it was not because he didn't succeed and therefore didn't have a choice, but that he consciously choose to be with Dustin rather than being a big actor star - that's just so sweet.
Brenda (b)
This is a great sequel to The Best Gift . We get to see how Malcolm and Dusty are doing several years after becoming a couple. I loved that Malcolm doesn't let his friends opinions influence how he feels about Dusty.
Indie Reviews
Still The One by Shawn Lane is the sequel to her short story The Best Gift and picks up some five years after Dustin Jones and Malcolm Rowland become lovers and a committed couple. They’ve been best friends and inseparable since high school and their relationship is a loving, strong and mutually supportive one.

Dusty’s passion is cooking. His career is advancing and he is in line for the Head Chef position at the restaurant in which he works. Malcolm has enjoyed success as an erotic romance write

Ryoma Gartre
Chris
This sweet m/m romance is the sequel to The Best Gift and takes up five years after that story. Malcolm and Dusty are deeply committed to each other, but what will happen when they end up on opposite coasts for their careers?
melek
After 5 years together still happy as Eva Malcolm has a job offer part of a play on broadway , dusty tell him to go can these 2 survive or wil it break them apart.
Jayded
short and sweet, just a glimpse into the lives of a committed couple.
Gale
MxM, Read in 2011
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Traci
Traci marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Kim Krogh
Kim Krogh marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Sophia
Sophia added it
Jun 07, 2014
Nikki Volk
Nikki Volk marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Melissalampkin
Melissalampkin marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
SraeLiz Ess
SraeLiz Ess marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Talk Dirty To Me
  • Second Sight
  • Reckless Heart (Reckless, #4)
  • Letting In the Light
  • Smart Alex
  • Roughstock: And a Smile- Season One (Roughstock, #3)
  • Beyond Reckless
  • Left of Centre
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Heart Doctor (City Hospital, #1)
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • Discovery (Wranglers, #1)
Shawn Lane writes gay erotic romances. She is published with Amber Quill, Silver Publishing, Ellora's Cave and Dreamspinner Press. She lives in Southern California and the majority of her books are set in California.
More about Shawn Lane...
Car Wash (Car Wash, #1) At Long Last (Scott and Preston, #1) Perfect Man Trust Pulling Away (Pulling Away, #1)