Start by marking “Still the One (The Best Gift, #2)” as Want to Read:
Still the One (The Best Gift, #2)

Still the One (The Best Gift #2)

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  157 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Best friends, Malcolm and Dusty, have been together as a happy couple for five years. But now Malcolm’s budding career as a stage actor has taken an exciting turn sending him across the country to Broadway just as Dustin’s dream of being named Head Chef at the restaurant where he works is coming true.

As the distance tests their relationship, can their love and friendship s
Published April 11th 2010 by Amber Quill

To ask other readers questions about Still the One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still the One

Daisiemae
Apr 11, 2010 Daisiemae rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Shawn Lane Fans/Fans of M/M Romance
Recommended to Daisiemae by: She's an automatic buy for me
Shawn Lane fans rejoice! Her newest book, Still the One, is a continuation of one of my favorite couples Malcolm and Dusty. We first met them in her hot and sexy Christmas story, The Best Gift, which brought cheer and happiness to my holiday season.

Still the One begins five years after The Best Gift left off. Malcolm and Dusty have had good years together, but their relationship has come to a crossroad. Both men are dedicated not only to each other, but to their careers. When a once in a lifetim
Erotic Horizon
I had the opportunity to read STILL THE ONE during my read-a-thon the other day and I really liked it. STILL THE ONE is a little more about the life of Dusty and Malcolm who I was originally introduced to in THE BEST GIFT.

My last interaction with Malcolm and Dusty was bittersweet, as Dusty has yet again come to Malcolm's aide, but on that final occasion he lets Malcolm in on his little secret; he was in love with him and wants to see where they can go with the attraction...

And that where THE BES
Kathy
Apr 29, 2010 Kathy rated it really liked it
4 stars - Shawn Lane has written some fantastic stories and Still the One is another one. Malcolm and Dusty were a wonderful couple and it was great revisiting them. And actually, I really loved the second story; there's more detail, more character and one heckuva roller coaster of emotions. But what brought the two men together in the first place [ The Best Gift :] is still there and with a love like theirs they can work through anything.

Still the One is beautiful, and once again, Shawn Lan
Alina
Feb 14, 2012 Alina rated it it was amazing
Not as easy read as The Best Gift and my heart ached for both of them, especially Dustin, but I was very satisfyed with the ending. I really liked, that Malcolm choose to quit the play and return home, even though the play was quite successful, so it was not because he didn't succeed and therefore didn't have a choice, but that he consciously choose to be with Dustin rather than being a big actor star - that's just so sweet.
Brenda (b)
May 11, 2010 Brenda (b) rated it really liked it
This is a great sequel to The Best Gift . We get to see how Malcolm and Dusty are doing several years after becoming a couple. I loved that Malcolm doesn't let his friends opinions influence how he feels about Dusty.
Indie Reviews
Still The One by Shawn Lane is the sequel to her short story The Best Gift and picks up some five years after Dustin Jones and Malcolm Rowland become lovers and a committed couple. They’ve been best friends and inseparable since high school and their relationship is a loving, strong and mutually supportive one.

Dusty’s passion is cooking. His career is advancing and he is in line for the Head Chef position at the restaurant in which he works. Malcolm has enjoyed success as an erotic romance write

Mahlet
Apr 24, 2010 Mahlet rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People that read The Best Gift
I don't know which Shawn Lane fans pressured her into giving us more of Dusty and Malcolm, although I have a few suspects - but thank you, thank you, thank you, because this was such a sweet treat :)

If you've read The Best Gift by Shawn Lane, then you've already met Dusty and Malcolm. They've been friends since junior high and finally admitted their love for one another in The Best Gift. This follow up story takes place 5 years later. Dusty is working long, hard hours at an LA restaurant where he's rumored to be the nex
Ryoma Gartre
Chris
Oct 17, 2010 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, short, 2010, ebook
This sweet m/m romance is the sequel to The Best Gift and takes up five years after that story. Malcolm and Dusty are deeply committed to each other, but what will happen when they end up on opposite coasts for their careers?
melek
Nov 15, 2013 melek rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shawn-lane
After 5 years together still happy as Eva Malcolm has a job offer part of a play on broadway , dusty tell him to go can these 2 survive or wil it break them apart.
Jayded
Oct 03, 2010 Jayded rated it liked it
short and sweet, just a glimpse into the lives of a committed couple.
Gale
OkayKim
Jul 01, 2012 OkayKim rated it really liked it
3.5
Rosanny
Rosanny rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Karla
Karla rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2016
Shylo
Shylo added it
Feb 08, 2016
Senobe
Senobe rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2016
Ruth  Wilson
Ruth Wilson marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Miracles
Miracles marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Dudley Sneddly
Dudley Sneddly rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2015
Shannelle Lamour :)
Shannelle Lamour :) marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Elisa Rolle
Elisa Rolle marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Kylie Smith
Kylie Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Kit
Kit rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2015
Debra Edson
Debra Edson rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2015
Sammyd
Sammyd marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Second Sight
  • Talk Dirty To Me
  • Left of Centre
  • Reckless Heart (Reckless, #4)
  • From Afar
  • Letting In the Light
  • Smart Alex
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Heart Doctor (City Hospital, #1)
  • And a Smile - Season One (Roughstock, #2)
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
Shawn Lane writes erotic gay romances and believes love and passion know no boundaries. Happily Ever After is for everyone.

In the past she has written heterosexual romances (see her backlist) but is now concentrating on gay romances.

Shawn lives in California and holds down a boring day job in a legal department of a giant corporation dreaming of the nights and weekends when she can create new sto
More about Shawn Lane...

The Best Gift (2 books)
  • The Best Gift (The Best Gift #1)