Twin Spica, Volume: 04

Twin Spica, Volume: 04 (Twin Spica / ふたつのスピカ Japanese Numbering #4)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Asumi is now in her second term at the Tokyo Space School. After struggling to be accepted into this elite program and some hardships once she was admitted, she quickly found herself developing her skills and her character through the many trials the school administered. Despite her diminutive size, Asumi has a huge heart and equally powerful drive and she will not accept...more
Published November 2nd 2010 by Vertical (first published May 23rd 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Twin Spica, Volume, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twin Spica, Volume

Nicole
Still loving this series, although I'm noticing a few flaws with this volume. There's a lot of flipping back and forth in time which can be hard to follow; add to that characters who have a markedly different appearance depending on the time, and things get more confusing. I think I have everything straightened out now, though, and the series remains poignant as ever.

I wish there was more focus on the actual space plot, but that's just me. I'm very interested in what Marika's story is. Clearly t...more
Sarah Sammis
Twin Spica Volume 04 by Kou Yaginuma turns away from the drama and expense of building a special space suit to the actual training. Asumi and her classmates get to do buoyancy training, robotic arm exercises and a long ride in the vomit comet.

Weaknesses in the characters are revealed, like an injury in Asumi's left arm as well as more hints about the fainting spells Marika.

And at long last there's some explanation behind Mr. Lion. I like him as a mentor ghost. He connects the past and present da...more
Jeannette
Sweet, funny, sad. Still love this series.
Lara
In this volume we start to find out a little about what's going on with Marika. Also, some hints of romance to come? I'm not all that excited about romance being added into the mix, but maybe it will work. Honestly it looks like I'm going to have really hard time actually finishing this story anyway, since the library only has the first 5 volumes and the rest seem to be ridiculously expensive and out of print. Boo.
Roxanne
In this volume we start getting some insight into Marika's past. Also, F and I discussed it and (1) we are pretty much stuck reading these until these kids get into space, which isn't a bad thing at all, it just is, and (2) Mr. Lion makes the whole thing. It would just be a cute story without him and all that he represents.
Titis Wardhana
gw jadi inget chara yang senyum meski ada masalah... ahhh apa ya, sama kayak Asumi ini, untung ada Lion yang selalu ngedukung...
en cerita pendeknya... my, maksudnyah apa gitu... bittersweet...
Joy
Cℓinton Sheppard
Our characters move forward in their Space training, performing maneuvers in the pool and experiencing the Vomit Comet. We also get more hints of Merika's past. Liked that the back story sections were interleaved.
Ashley D--
This volume had me trying to groan, "Come on! You can't just pull our heartstrings like this in every volume!" but I couldn't muster a groan through all the ugly sobbing that was happening. Damn you, Yaginuma!
Anne
I don't read a lot of manga, but this one is so sweet and touching, I just can't stop.
Calynne Weewie
Calynne Weewie marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Marcus Gilfert
Marcus Gilfert marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Spirit
Spirit marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Lynn
Lynn added it
Aug 03, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
ReadingFrog
ReadingFrog marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Mirsha
Mirsha marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Saturn Apartments, Vol. 2
  • Bunny Drop 2 (Bunny Drop, #2)
  • Wandering Son: Volume Two
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 004 (Pluto, #4)
  • Planetes. Vol. 3  (Planetes, #3)
  • Please Save My Earth, Volume 3
  • 7 Billion Needles, Volume 1
  • Kingyo Used Books, Vol. 1
Twin Spica, Volume: 01 Twin Spica, Volume: 02 Twin Spica, Volume: 03 Twin Spica, Volume: 05 Twin Spica, Volume: 06