Start by marking “Twin Spica, Volume: 04” as Want to Read:
Twin Spica, Volume: 04

Twin Spica, Volume: 04 (Twin Spica / ふたつのスピカ Japanese Numbering #4)

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  233 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Asumi is now in her second term at the Tokyo Space School. After struggling to be accepted into this elite program and some hardships once she was admitted, she quickly found herself developing her skills and her character through the many trials the school administered. Despite her diminutive size, Asumi has a huge heart and equally powerful drive and she will not accept ...more
Published November 2nd 2010 by Vertical (first published May 23rd 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Twin Spica, Volume, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twin Spica, Volume

Nicole
Apr 05, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it
Still loving this series, although I'm noticing a few flaws with this volume. There's a lot of flipping back and forth in time which can be hard to follow; add to that characters who have a markedly different appearance depending on the time, and things get more confusing. I think I have everything straightened out now, though, and the series remains poignant as ever.

I wish there was more focus on the actual space plot, but that's just me. I'm very interested in what Marika's story is. Clearly t
Sarah Sammis
May 08, 2012 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing
Twin Spica Volume 04 by Kou Yaginuma turns away from the drama and expense of building a special space suit to the actual training. Asumi and her classmates get to do buoyancy training, robotic arm exercises and a long ride in the vomit comet.

Weaknesses in the characters are revealed, like an injury in Asumi's left arm as well as more hints about the fainting spells Marika.

And at long last there's some explanation behind Mr. Lion. I like him as a mentor ghost. He connects the past and present da
Tom
Jul 30, 2015 Tom rated it it was amazing
This is a story about dreams, space, sadness, and how pushing ahead can bring you happiness. Well worth the read.
Cℓinton Sheppard
Oct 16, 2013 Cℓinton Sheppard rated it really liked it
Our characters move forward in their Space training, performing maneuvers in the pool and experiencing the Vomit Comet. We also get more hints of Merika's past. Liked that the back story sections were interleaved.
Ashley D--
Oct 13, 2012 Ashley D-- rated it it was amazing
This volume had me trying to groan, "Come on! You can't just pull our heartstrings like this in every volume!" but I couldn't muster a groan through all the ugly sobbing that was happening. Damn you, Yaginuma!
Anne
Mar 13, 2016 Anne rated it really liked it
I don't read a lot of manga, but this one is so sweet and touching, I just can't stop.
Lara
Sep 05, 2014 Lara rated it really liked it
In this volume we start to find out a little about what's going on with Marika. Also, some hints of romance to come? I'm not all that excited about romance being added into the mix, but maybe it will work. Honestly it looks like I'm going to have really hard time actually finishing this story anyway, since the library only has the first 5 volumes and the rest seem to be ridiculously expensive and out of print. Boo.
Roxanne
Jul 30, 2014 Roxanne rated it liked it
In this volume we start getting some insight into Marika's past. Also, F and I discussed it and (1) we are pretty much stuck reading these until these kids get into space, which isn't a bad thing at all, it just is, and (2) Mr. Lion makes the whole thing. It would just be a cute story without him and all that he represents.
Titis Wardhana
gw jadi inget chara yang senyum meski ada masalah... ahhh apa ya, sama kayak Asumi ini, untung ada Lion yang selalu ngedukung...
en cerita pendeknya... my, maksudnyah apa gitu... bittersweet...
Joy
Dec 04, 2010 Joy rated it it was amazing
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Jacky Leyva
Jacky Leyva rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
Erik Weber
Erik Weber rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Shannon Phillips
Shannon Phillips rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2016
JMN
JMN rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
Cloudcluster
Cloudcluster rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
Tom De
Tom De rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Roz
Roz rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2016
Daniel Benayun
Daniel Benayun rated it it was ok
Feb 27, 2016
DW
DW rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Crusty
Crusty marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Rahim Thompson
Rahim Thompson rated it did not like it
Feb 24, 2016
Amanda Holland
Amanda Holland marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
GreenRune
GreenRune rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Sadie
Sadie rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Danny
Danny rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Graham
Graham rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
KEG
KEG added it
Jan 15, 2016
  • Saturn Apartments 2 (Saturn Apartments #2)
  • Wandering Son, Vol. 2
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 2
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 15: The Door to Memories (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #15)
  • Please Save My Earth, Vol. 3
  • Planetes, Volume 2 (Planetes, #2)

Twin Spica / ふたつのスピカ Japanese Numbering (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 01
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 03
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 05
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 06
  • Twin Spica vol. 07 (Twin Spica, # 7)
  • ふたつのスピカ 8