Start by marking “Twin Spica, Volume: 04” as Want to Read:
Twin Spica, Volume: 04

Twin Spica, Volume: 04 (Twin Spica / ふたつのスピカ Japanese Numbering #4)

Asumi is now in her second term at the Tokyo Space School. After struggling to be accepted into this elite program and some hardships once she was admitted, she quickly found herself developing her skills and her character through the many trials the school administered. Despite her diminutive size, Asumi has a huge heart and equally powerful drive and she will not accept ...more
Published November 2nd 2010 by Vertical (first published May 23rd 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Twin Spica, Volume, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twin Spica, Volume

Nicole
Apr 05, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it
Still loving this series, although I'm noticing a few flaws with this volume. There's a lot of flipping back and forth in time which can be hard to follow; add to that characters who have a markedly different appearance depending on the time, and things get more confusing. I think I have everything straightened out now, though, and the series remains poignant as ever.

I wish there was more focus on the actual space plot, but that's just me. I'm very interested in what Marika's story is. Clearly t
Sarah Sammis
Feb 21, 2011 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing
Twin Spica Volume 04 by Kou Yaginuma turns away from the drama and expense of building a special space suit to the actual training. Asumi and her classmates get to do buoyancy training, robotic arm exercises and a long ride in the vomit comet.

Weaknesses in the characters are revealed, like an injury in Asumi's left arm as well as more hints about the fainting spells Marika.

And at long last there's some explanation behind Mr. Lion. I like him as a mentor ghost. He connects the past and present da
Clinton Sheppard
Oct 16, 2013 Clinton Sheppard rated it really liked it
Our characters move forward in their Space training, performing maneuvers in the pool and experiencing the Vomit Comet. We also get more hints of Merika's past. Liked that the back story sections were interleaved.
Ashley D--
Oct 02, 2012 Ashley D-- rated it it was amazing
This volume had me trying to groan, "Come on! You can't just pull our heartstrings like this in every volume!" but I couldn't muster a groan through all the ugly sobbing that was happening. Damn you, Yaginuma!
Tom
Jul 30, 2015 Tom rated it it was amazing
This is a story about dreams, space, sadness, and how pushing ahead can bring you happiness. Well worth the read.
Anne
Sep 12, 2012 Anne rated it really liked it
I don't read a lot of manga, but this one is so sweet and touching, I just can't stop.
Emkoshka
'Your dreams are too bright for most people, little one'.

In this volume we learn a little more about the mysterious Marika, who is also connected to 'the Lion' somehow. And there's a new male character who looks suspiciously like both the astronaut killed in the shuttle crash and the boy who died from cancer in Asumi's childhood. Why do all young male manga heroes look the same?! The end story, 'Sentimental' was another classic heart jerker; Kou Yaginuma does poignant yearning so well.
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA
Beautiful.
Lara
Sep 04, 2014 Lara rated it really liked it
In this volume we start to find out a little about what's going on with Marika. Also, some hints of romance to come? I'm not all that excited about romance being added into the mix, but maybe it will work. Honestly it looks like I'm going to have really hard time actually finishing this story anyway, since the library only has the first 5 volumes and the rest seem to be ridiculously expensive and out of print. Boo.
Roxanne
Jul 30, 2014 Roxanne rated it liked it
In this volume we start getting some insight into Marika's past. Also, F and I discussed it and (1) we are pretty much stuck reading these until these kids get into space, which isn't a bad thing at all, it just is, and (2) Mr. Lion makes the whole thing. It would just be a cute story without him and all that he represents.
Joy
Dec 04, 2010 Joy rated it it was amazing
Titis Wardhana
gw jadi inget chara yang senyum meski ada masalah... ahhh apa ya, sama kayak Asumi ini, untung ada Lion yang selalu ngedukung...
en cerita pendeknya... my, maksudnyah apa gitu... bittersweet...
Ellesensei
Ellesensei rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Rahim Thompson
Rahim Thompson rated it did not like it
Feb 24, 2016
Maarit
Maarit rated it really liked it
May 15, 2013
Thaddeus602
Thaddeus602 rated it really liked it
May 12, 2013
Roz
Roz rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2016
ErinK
ErinK rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2013
Lina Redorrio
Lina Redorrio rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2016
Geekykristie
Geekykristie rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2013
Rachelle Uy
Rachelle Uy rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2015
Azyla X
Azyla X rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2013
Heather Jo
Heather Jo rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2012
Adrienne Scap
Adrienne Scap rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2013
Luke
Luke rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Elizabeth Gilliam
Elizabeth Gilliam rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2014
Becca Hillburn
Becca Hillburn rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2015
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Ari Jay
Ari Jay rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2014
Tess
Tess rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2012
  • Saturn Apartments, Vol. 3 (Saturn Apartments #3)
  • Wandering Son, Vol. 2
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 2
  • Planetes, Volume 2 (Planetes, #2)
  • Yotsuba, tome 8 (Yotsuba&! #8)
  • Naoki Urasawa Präsentiert: Monster, Band 14: Erinnerungen (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #14)
  • Please Save My Earth, Vol. 3

Twin Spica / ふたつのスピカ Japanese Numbering (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 01
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 03
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 05
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 06
  • Twin Spica vol. 07 (Twin Spica, # 7)
  • ふたつのスピカ 8