Start by marking “Polly's Pink Pajamas” as Want to Read:
Polly's Pink Pajamas

Polly's Pink Pajamas

Polly adores her pink pajamas. She wears them all day long! But of course she can’t wear them to Fred’s party, so all her friends lend her something of theirs. Just as she’s ready to leave, Polly catches a look in the mirror — and somehow the too-sh
Published April 13th 2010 by Candlewick Press (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Polly's Pink Pajamas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Polly's Pink Pajamas

Anna Anthropy
Apr 22, 2015 Anna Anthropy rated it really liked it
so first of all i want to be clear that my experience with this book was reading it over my sister's shoulder while looking through the children's books section at a bookstore. both of us are grown women. our mom was there too, and she's even more grown than us.

anyway, SPOILERS FOLLOW. i need to spoil the book to explain why it made me start crying in the middle of a mall bookstore.

basically, the plot of this book is: polly gets invited to a friend's party. polly's going through a phase, though,
Christine Turner
Feb 09, 2015 Christine Turner rated it really liked it
Subject:
Clothing and dress -- Juvenile fiction
Pajamas -- Juvenile fiction.
Humorous stories

A pajama-loving Polly is in for a surprise as she scrambles to find the right party outfit in this sweet, child-friendly tale. Polly adores her pink pajamas. She wears them all day long! But of course she can't wear them to Fred's party, so all her friends lend her something of theirs. Just as she's ready to leave, Polly catches a look in the mirror -- and somehow the too-short polka-dot dress and tiny chec
Shayna Towle
Feb 11, 2016 Shayna Towle rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was very cute and it reminded me of those kids who insist on always wearing the same outfit. I think this would be an awesome read for pajama day at school. Also, it shows how easy it is to share with one another because all of Polly's friends were willing to let her borrow their clothes. The book was an easy read and I think it would be good for people to practice reading.
Elizabeth
Polly loves her pink pajamas and wears them ALL DAY LONG. When she is invited to a party at her friend Fred's, she borrows some brightly colored clothing from various friends to wear over top. This won't do. Alas. Yet, all turns out right in the end when Fred informs her that it is a PAJAMA party!
I need to have a pajama storytime. All of Polly's friends apparently have their favorite PJs (with matching accessories), too.
Jolanta
May 24, 2012 Jolanta rated it really liked it
It's a very simple book, with two to three sentences to a page, at the most, and the illustrations are a bit crude (to me), but my daughter liked this book, and we'd have some really nice discussions about the illustrations, and the detail in them, so my rating is partly my daughter's "love this book," and partly my appreciation for a book that lends itself to nice conversations during bedtime.
Taryn
Oct 28, 2015 Taryn rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, storybook
Just so fun. I heard about it on a blog. The writer had put together a Halloween costume for her daughter based on Polly's accumulated outfit. It's a simple story and my girls (almost 7 and 4) love it. I especially love the illustrations, done in acrylic and crayon, by Sue Heap. Vibrant and fun.
Tricia
Jul 13, 2011 Tricia rated it liked it
When Polly, who loves her pink pajamas, is invited to a party she panics at the thought of what to wear. She pulls together an outfit with help from her friends but it's not right! Girls who loves clothes and/or pink pajamas will enjoy this book.
June
Jul 03, 2012 June rated it liked it
Recommends it for: pajama & party requests
Shelves: picture-book, pajamas
Polly always wears her pink pajamas, until she is invited to a party. She borrows some clothes, but they don't fit. Then she gets a phone call and finds out it is a pajama party. Both a little girl and her older brother were quite fascinated with this.
Kate Hastings
May 03, 2010 Kate Hastings rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Pre-K to K, bedtime, pajamas, storytime
Great for pajama storytime. Polly loves her pink pajamas, but when she's invited to a party, she needs to borrow different colors/patterns from her friends. She doesn't like her outfit... but soon discovers it is a PAJAMA party!! Pre-K-K
Miss Sarah
Jan 07, 2016 Miss Sarah rated it liked it
Definitely for the preschool crowd about a little girl who loves her pink pajamas and is then invited to a party so she goes to four friends houses and borrows a piece of clothing from each but the outfit isn't right so she doesn't go to the party until it's revealed that its a pajama party!
Shannon Carrasco
Aug 24, 2010 Shannon Carrasco rated it really liked it
Picked this up for my daughter the other day and she absolutely loves it...but there are not many books she does not love. This one was really cute and I love the illustrations...Sophie insists on wearing pink pajamas at night now, which could pose a problem.
Dolores Colarosa
A cute story about a girl named Polly who doesn't want to get out of her pink pajamas, is invited to her friend's party and doesn't have much else to wear...read this at pj storytime. It's not a particularly exciting read, but is good for identifying colors and has a cute, happy ending!
Alice
Mar 13, 2013 Alice rated it really liked it
As you know, I don't love pink....but this book was kinda awesome! It is a cute story but could also be used as a color lesson...as there are stripped socks, red dress, blue shoes, and a green sweater.. Cute and fun!!
Edna
Jan 30, 2011 Edna rated it really liked it
Polly only wears her favorite pink pajamas all day and all night until she invited to a birthday party and decides she needs party clothes. What happens when Polly decides all the colorful clothes she has borrowed just don't look right?
Caitlyn Ford
Mar 01, 2016 Caitlyn Ford rated it it was amazing
This was a great and adorable book. I read it in 2nd grade. It is so cute. This a cute book that I recommend for all of the moms out there to read it to their little girls.
Heather
Apr 19, 2010 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books, inv
Very cute story and darling illustrations. Little girls (geared to 3+) would love it, and it would make a great bedtime book. It's on my to-buy list for my daughter.
Jessica Keepe
Aug 12, 2010 Jessica Keepe rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
Tempie loves this book, most likely because it involves pink, and it's also tons of fun to say 'pink pajamas'
Connie Klever
Apr 19, 2010 Connie Klever rated it it was amazing
Shelves: preschool
Very cute & would make a great prop or flannel story. Good for bedtime, pajamas, getting dressed themed storytimes.
Danie P.
Sep 29, 2011 Danie P. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Polly love her pink pajamas and wears them every day. What happens when she gets invited to a birthday party is funny and cute.
Jana
Jun 05, 2011 Jana rated it it was amazing
Got this book from the library last week and my little girl won't put it down, I may have to go buy this book.
Angie
Dec 28, 2011 Angie rated it liked it
Shelves: picture
Literary value ... three stars. Pictures and four-year-old niece who LOVES pink ... lots more stars. She approves heartily.
Jonathan
Jonathan rated it it was ok
Feb 17, 2014
Alexia
Alexia rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2012
Mya
Mya rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2013
Polly
Polly rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2016
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2011
Bree
Bree rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2012
Gina
Gina rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2013
Ellie
Ellie rated it liked it
May 04, 2010
Danielle Adams
Danielle Adams rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Vivian French was best known in school for being extremely skinny and for talking a lot. At school she developed an attachment to words and later became an actor, then a storyteller, and finally a writer of children's books. She is the author of more than two hundred books. Ms. French lives in Edinburgh, Scotland, and has four grown daughters.
More about Vivian French...