Start by marking “Polly's Pink Pajamas” as Want to Read:
Polly's Pink Pajamas

Polly's Pink Pajamas

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  112 ratings  ·  25 reviews

Polly adores her pink pajamas. She wears them all day long! But of course she can’t wear them to Fred’s party, so all her friends lend her something of theirs. Just as she’s ready to leave, Polly catches a look in the mirror — and somehow the too-sh
Published April 13th 2010 by Candlewick Press (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Polly's Pink Pajamas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Polly's Pink Pajamas

Christine Turner
Subject:
Clothing and dress -- Juvenile fiction
Pajamas -- Juvenile fiction.
Humorous stories

A pajama-loving Polly is in for a surprise as she scrambles to find the right party outfit in this sweet, child-friendly tale. Polly adores her pink pajamas. She wears them all day long! But of course she can't wear them to Fred's party, so all her friends lend her something of theirs. Just as she's ready to leave, Polly catches a look in the mirror -- and somehow the too-short polka-dot dress and tiny chec
Elizabeth
Polly loves her pink pajamas and wears them ALL DAY LONG. When she is invited to a party at her friend Fred's, she borrows some brightly colored clothing from various friends to wear over top. This won't do. Alas. Yet, all turns out right in the end when Fred informs her that it is a PAJAMA party!
I need to have a pajama storytime. All of Polly's friends apparently have their favorite PJs (with matching accessories), too.
Jolanta
It's a very simple book, with two to three sentences to a page, at the most, and the illustrations are a bit crude (to me), but my daughter liked this book, and we'd have some really nice discussions about the illustrations, and the detail in them, so my rating is partly my daughter's "love this book," and partly my appreciation for a book that lends itself to nice conversations during bedtime.
Sailor Anne
It was amazing.
Dolores Colarosa
A cute story about a girl named Polly who doesn't want to get out of her pink pajamas, is invited to her friend's party and doesn't have much else to wear...read this at pj storytime. It's not a particularly exciting read, but is good for identifying colors and has a cute, happy ending!
Shannon Carrasco
Picked this up for my daughter the other day and she absolutely loves it...but there are not many books she does not love. This one was really cute and I love the illustrations...Sophie insists on wearing pink pajamas at night now, which could pose a problem.
June
Jul 03, 2012 June rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: pajama & party requests
Shelves: pajamas, picture-book
Polly always wears her pink pajamas, until she is invited to a party. She borrows some clothes, but they don't fit. Then she gets a phone call and finds out it is a pajama party. Both a little girl and her older brother were quite fascinated with this.
Tricia
When Polly, who loves her pink pajamas, is invited to a party she panics at the thought of what to wear. She pulls together an outfit with help from her friends but it's not right! Girls who loves clothes and/or pink pajamas will enjoy this book.
Edna
Polly only wears her favorite pink pajamas all day and all night until she invited to a birthday party and decides she needs party clothes. What happens when Polly decides all the colorful clothes she has borrowed just don't look right?
Kate Hastings
May 03, 2010 Kate Hastings rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Pre-K to K, bedtime, pajamas, storytime
Great for pajama storytime. Polly loves her pink pajamas, but when she's invited to a party, she needs to borrow different colors/patterns from her friends. She doesn't like her outfit... but soon discovers it is a PAJAMA party!! Pre-K-K
Alice
As you know, I don't love pink....but this book was kinda awesome! It is a cute story but could also be used as a color lesson...as there are stripped socks, red dress, blue shoes, and a green sweater.. Cute and fun!!
Heather
Very cute story and darling illustrations. Little girls (geared to 3+) would love it, and it would make a great bedtime book. It's on my to-buy list for my daughter.
Danie P.
Polly love her pink pajamas and wears them every day. What happens when she gets invited to a birthday party is funny and cute.
Angie
Literary value ... three stars. Pictures and four-year-old niece who LOVES pink ... lots more stars. She approves heartily.
Connie Klever
Very cute & would make a great prop or flannel story. Good for bedtime, pajamas, getting dressed themed storytimes.
Jana
Got this book from the library last week and my little girl won't put it down, I may have to go buy this book.
Jessica Keepe
Tempie loves this book, most likely because it involves pink, and it's also tons of fun to say 'pink pajamas'
Taif
I love this book because my teacher Ms.Rosa reads it to me every day when i go to her house.
Natalie
I had to give this 5 stars because this story totally reminded me of my daughter! Great, fun read!
Lupine
Cute picture book that will appeal to fans of Pinkalicious and Fancy Nancy.
Trista
A cute picture book I used to teach my students alliteration.
Breana
Jul 13, 2012 Breana rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
Cute story. Reminds me of mom- pink, pj party.
Gail
A huge hit with my three year old daughter.
Julie McElhaney
My 2 year old loves this one!
Beverly
Adorable and funny
AlyaziaMKY
AlyaziaMKY marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Vivian French was best known in school for being extremely skinny and for talking a lot. At school she developed an attachment to words and later became an actor, then a storyteller, and finally a writer of children's books. She is the author of more than two hundred books. Ms. French lives in Edinburgh, Scotland, and has four grown daughters.
More about Vivian French...
The Robe of Skulls (Tales from the Five Kingdoms, #1) Princess Charlotte and the Birthday Ball (The Tiara Club, #1) Yucky Worms Adventures of the Little Wooden Horse The Bag of Bones (Tales from the Five Kingdoms, #2)