Start by marking “Lust” as Want to Read:
Lust

Lust (Seven Deadly Sins #1)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  1,413 ratings  ·  105 reviews
Alpha girl Harper is used to getting what she wants,
and that means Adam,
Beth's all-American boytoy.
Blond, boring Beth, who Kane,
the charming playah, secretly wants too.
Miranda thinks Kane is out of her league,
but she wants him all the same.
And then there's the new girl.
Kaia. Who only wants trouble --
and he's definitely on his way.
Want to know more?
Com
Published June 25th 2008 by Simon Pulse (first published September 27th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Lust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lust

Jenny
Winnie
I found this book to be rather stupid because the plot was simply ridiculous. People in this book want things that they cant have and it's all materialistic ways of living. IN this book there is nothing but LUST, and no love. I find these problems to be really unrealistic and even if it may happen to be the problems of one's life, they shouldn't revolve their life around it. The problems that these people go through are so stupid and it makes me mad because they don't have real problems involvin ...more
Maritza
Top alpha girl Harper always gets what she wants. She want Adam, her best friend that is dating Beth.

Kane,the player, secretly wants Beth. Miranda wants Kane, even though he's Way out of her league.

And then theres kaia. The new girl. Who only wants trouble. And knows how to find it.

This book is filled with betrayal, determination, and jealousy. I loved it. You never know whats going to happen! This book is certainly a must read. People dont know what they're missing. by the way, whoever reads
Kristy
blah. this is like Gossip Girl crossed with the hills, only with poorer, less exciting people. I just don't like to read about shallow, catty girls. Backstabbing, Bad-mouting, boy stealing- 3 very bad B words. All of the characters are the oober B-word, with the exception of Beth.
The premise of a series about the seven deadly sins seemed so promising.... This wasn't total dreaditude, but it was close. Thank God it was short. The ending makes me ill. To know what happens, I'll have to read the n
Amy
If I could, I would give this 2.50 stars. For me, reading this book could be compared to watching a train wreck in a sense...the idea of it being so lusty ("Lust" is an appropriate title) I sometimes did not want to look away (stop reading it); it kept my attention. The story involves teenagers worrying about matters and being involved in what I would consider adult relationships. The writing flows and the author keeps the reader hooked, but this is the kind of story that if I had a teenage daug ...more
Kate Volz
I read the book "Lust" by Robin Wasserman. Overall, the book was extremely good; there was never a dull moment. Each chapter had something new and exciting happen, which kept me on my toes. Lust is a modern day book and it is about high school kids getting what they want. Harper is the most popular girl and getting what she wants, which is Adam, is not an easy task for her. This may not seem so bad, but Adam is dating this “angel”, Beth. Harper and Adam grew up together, which means they are re ...more
Lexi Smith
From heart breaks to school tests, the book “Lust” is an interesting fiction book to read. The book is written by Robin Wasserman. It will always leave you wanting more! Here the ‘queen bee’ Miss Harper Grace is all about her popularity and fan club, but yet she seems to not be happy, because what she really wants is taken. Even though this book is fiction, it seems so realistic, because everyone wants what they can’t have. No one is pleased with what they already have.

There are six main charac
Lesleigh
Whew! Break out the handkerchief for this series – not to wipe away any tears, but to dab away the sweat that will break out. This is one HOT series dealing with seven teens and the seven deadly sins.

Grace, California is a dry, dusty place with little to recommend it. (The setting reminds me of my hometown.) What the town doesn't provide, the teens themselves do as they embroil themselves in complicated plots that would put a soap opera to shame.

In the first book in the series, handsome Adam i
Heather
Read more reviews here!

I saw the miniseries based on this book series on Lifetime. I liked it, but still never got around to reading the books. Eventually, I found the first book in the book store's remainder section and picked it up.

The plot of this book isn't much more than the back of the book describes. Harper is in love with Adam, but he is in love with Beth. While she constantly thinks of what she can do to get him to notice her or break up him and Beth, she doesn't actually do anything. K
Darleen
» Review can also be found on Orchids & Amethysts.

Title: Lust (Seven Deadly Sins #01)
Author: Robin Wasserman
Rating: 3/5

My rating might seem low, but this book was actually really good. I won't compare it to any other similar series, since I'm quite of sick reading all these comments that compare this series to Gossip Girl. Seriously, teenage drama is teenage drama. All are the same, not just one that copies the other.

I was surprised that this book was "big". I mean there are seven books of i
Caitlin Trepp
Jul 03, 2011 Caitlin Trepp rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Gossip Girl fans, teen soap fans, feminists
Recommended to Caitlin by: Valencia library teen section
Once I got past the annoying lamp-shading (no writer needs to write "such a cliche" that much - I wasn't thinking it, but I am now), I became really absorbed in this book. Sure, in the beginning, the teenagers' attitudes are obnoxious, unhelpful, pitiful, and unflattering. This book feels like an after-school special, and while I was reading it, I thought, if this book takes a different direction (than an after school special typically ends) then it could be pretty awesome. I was happy to discov ...more
Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten*
I bought a bunch of these for my sister a few years back, to help her get back into reading. I had a mind to zip through them myself once she was done (and I'm sure she now is, as this was years ago) but now I think I'll pass. Any author who condones stalking by fellow authors gets a blacklist from me.
Geli
Somehow not what i expected it to be yet at the same time exactly what I expected, if that at all makes since. Reading it became very tiresome. Seemed to be just like the other teen novels out today about popularity, sex, and drugs. If you liked all the other books with that subject line then this is the book for you but other than that dont waste your time.
Becky
I don't usually dip into the backstabbing-girls-brutal-world-of-high-school genre, but gave this a try because I like some of Wasserman's other novels. Now I remember why I'm wary of that genre. The writing is fine, people who enjoy the genre would probably enjoy it, but it was really, really not for me.
Christina
So let's get this straight:
Harper loves Adam, but Adam's with Beth. Kane wants Beth too, and Miranda wants Kane. Beth likes the new teacher, Adam likes Kaia, and Kaia will hook up with just about anyone for her own perverse pleasure.

IT'S HICKTOWN GOSSIP GIRL. I LOVE IT.

Megan
I am obsessed with this series!!!! It is all the juicy backstabbing gossip that I live for (when its not my own!) I haven't read the last book because it's not on kindle but I think I'm just gonna have to go out and by the paperback so I can find out what happens.
Brooke Benton
There are seven of these books Lust,Envy,Pride,Wrath,Gluttony,Sloth and Greed they are great and I watched the lifetime made mvoie based ont he books great also
Tayo
Milka Bago
To read more of my book reviews visit, Crawling Over The Pages.

Honestly speaking, this is the most boring book in the series. And at some point, I thought I won't be able to finish the series, considering that this is the first book. However toward the end of this book, I found myself wondering what might happen next which made me read the whole series (except for the last book coz I can't seem to find a copy)

Judging from the title of the book, I guess you'll have an insight on what the book is
Pygmy
The writing is sufficient but the plot is deplorable. It's all about lust and materialism, with only 2 characters showing a modicum of self-restraint and morality. But of course, the rest of this circle of "friends" they are surrounded by go out of their way to tear them down and apart every which way they can, and sadly, by the end of the book, they have already partially succeeded.
Karl
2/5

Give away price tags. There's always a catch to it. Either you'll like it or not. Well for this case. Not that much.
This one is very typical HS chicklit. Sorta like Pop-u-lar back in the days and GG in at this times. I haven't watched those shows. But I know for a fact it the same old teenflick/chickflick story line. Hormonal and sexually driven.

Jessica
if you like soap operas here's the book for you. No really this book is high school musical meets the young and the restless. As a sort of project i decided to see how a few series i enjoyed as a teen ended. This book wasnt as good as i remember it being but then again its definitely more of a teen series than melissa marr's. The characters are intriguing and the plot and writing are pretty good. I enjoy the drama of the plot but at the same time its a little high school for my tastes. Probably ...more
Jennie Machines
This is one of my favorite book series of all time! The seven books follow this group of friends and what they do to each other. Think: Gossip Girl.
Tori
It was okay, I was expecting more lust, I thought it was going to be "hotter" and I thought the characters could have had more depth to them
Jenni Hibdige
A book so filled with complete and utter bitchiness that it became unbearable. I finished it... thank god! But seriously this book was really causing me to be emotionally drained... I mean seriously all the shit going down in this book was so freakin' unrelatable. No one in this book was at all true friends to each other, they all kept stabbing each other in the back even if they had known each other since childhood.

This book just really annoys me, and lets be honest this just really a much wor
Aleshia Hutchison
Just couldn't get into this book. Perhaps it was the high school subject matter. Not sure. Sending it back to the library. :(
'Aisyah
Nov 26, 2013 'Aisyah rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to 'Aisyah by: Joey
Oh my, I read this when I was in secondary school! I actually just remembered that I have even read the series, and I would talk about it in school with friends who were also reading because one of them have the set so we rotated. Ah, I miss those days.

I really loved it. Although, some parts may have been nsfw haha but nahh it was fun to read. I think what made it more exciting was that I shared it with my friends. I can't write a complete review because I don't remember much of it but it was d
Nazlı Hazal
It wasn' t as good as I expected. I' m kinda dissapointed
Louisa
Excuse my French, but this is fucking terrible.
Kit Kat
These books were all awesome! I don't know why they aren't popular. Just the right amount of drama, romance, distrust, and plot twists to keep me wanting more! I wished these books were longer with a longer series. All the characters in this series are complex, and they feel realistic. The relationships keep going to unexpected places, some where you would never expect to go. I thought this would be a girly, generic book for high school girls, but this book exceeded my expectations. The series ...more
Setting 2 4 Feb 16, 2012 04:34PM
  • Bling Addiction (Fast Girls, Hot Boys, #2)
  • Parallel Parking (Dating Game, #6)
  • 6X: The Uncensored Confessions (6X, #1)
  • South Beach (Alexa & Holly, #1)
  • GoldenGirl (Bradford, #1)
  • You Just Can't Get Enough (Gossip Girl: The Carlyles, #2)
  • The V Club
  • Life Strategies For Teens
  • Choices
  • Insiders (Insiders, #1)
  • Good Girls
  • Confessions of a Boyfriend Stealer
  • The Boy/Friend (Girlfriend Fiction, #19)
21981
I'm the author of the Cold Awakening Trilogy (Skinned, Crashed, and Wired), Hacking Harvard, the Seven Deadly Sins series, and the forthcoming Book of Blood and Shadow. I'm also a crazed Stephen King fan and David Foster Wallace evangelist with an embarrassing list of Important Books I've Never Read But Can Bluff About Well Enough to Discuss at Cocktail Parties. I'm working on it.
More about Robin Wasserman...

Seven Deadly Sins (7 books)
  • Envy (Seven Deadly Sins, #2)
  • Pride (Seven Deadly Sins, #3)
  • Wrath (Seven Deadly Sins, #4)
  • Sloth (Seven Deadly Sins, #5)
  • Gluttony (Seven Deadly Sins, #6)
  • Greed (Seven Deadly Sins, #7)
Skinned (Cold Awakening, #1) The Book of Blood and Shadow Crashed (Cold Awakening, #2) Wired (Cold Awakening, #3) Awakening (Chasing Yesterday, #1)

2 trivia questions