The Terrorist Watch: Inside the Desperate Race to Stop the Next Attack

The Terrorist Watch: Inside the Desperate Race to Stop the Next Attack

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  12 reviews
“You make a mistake, there are dead people.” —FBI Special Agent Art Cummings, head of international counterterrorism operations Drawing on unprecedented access to FBI and CIA counterterrorism operatives, New York Times bestselling author Ronald Kessler presents the chilling story of terrorists’ relentless efforts to mount another devastating attack on the United States and...more
Published December 30th 2008 by Crown Forum (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Terrorist Watch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Terrorist Watch

Tanya
This book is an unapologetic defense of the Bush administration's War on Terror. It traces much of the progress in policy and execution by the FBI and CIA in their intelligence gathering, and discusses many of the problems they face. Kessler argues that America's perception of the war on terror has been mis-shapen by biased media reporting; the basic thesis of the book is summed up in the following sentence:

"While the media minimize the threats and mischaracterize the progress in the war on terr...more
andrea
although it was informative to an extent, in final analysis, i think it was a "my isn't george bush just the best thing EVER" fantasy fiction!
AmblingBooks
Although it has been over five years since the 9/11 attacks, Americans still do not have a clear sense of how our government is waging the war on terror. In The Terrorist Watch, bestselling author Ronald Kessler takes listeners behind the scenes to reveal exactly how our leaders, charged with protecting the American people, are stopping terrorists.

Listen to The Terrorist Watch on your smartphone, notebook or desktop computer.
Evelyn
I had no idea what the CIA and FBI really did. "If we lose the war (on terrorism) it will be because of distortions by the mainstream media, those who leak operational secrets to them, and politicians who undermine those who are trying to protect us." --R James Woolsey
Robyn
Great overview about the FBI and CIA restructuring and collaboration since September 11 to stop the next terrorist attack, but I was very disappointed to read nothing of the Department of Homeland Security and the part they play in the "desperate race".
Jun 01, 2008 Sarah rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sarah by: Newsmax.com
Absolutely amazing!! Kessler had amazing access to the FBI and CIA and provides the reader insight into the world of terrorism and stopping the next attack. The book is an enjoyable read and is very engaging.
A must-read for all Americans!
Les Peine
Recommended to me by Andrew Card, former chief of staff for George Bush. It gives you a clear picture of what dangers and what struggles we are facing from terrorism in the world today.
Mark Peterson
The book will surely scare you -- details how we have stopped dozens of potential attacks in the U.S. -- and how we may be setting ourselves up for disaster.
pooja
This book shows the flip-side of what the media has portrayed in the GWOT, and gives the reader an insight into what the government is doing to stop terrorism.
Joseph Roach
right wing conservative defense against the crazy media
Lynn
Totally one sided, but OK.
Isidora
Isidora marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Gabor
Gabor marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Asdeghik
Asdeghik marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
BK
BK added it
Jun 07, 2014
Aleksander
Aleksander marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Christopher Grear
Christopher Grear marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Philip Meuschke
Philip Meuschke marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
In the President's Secret Service: Behind the Scenes with Agents in the Line of Fire and the Presidents They Protect The Secrets of the FBI Laura Bush: An Intimate Portrait of the First Lady Inside the CIA: Revealing the Secrets of the World's Most Powerful Spy Agency The Bureau: The Secret History of the FBI