Start by marking “Blast from the Past (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls, #6)” as Want to Read:
Blast from the Past (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls, #6)

Blast from the Past (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls #6)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,364 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
Allie returns with new rules in the sixth book of the acclaimed series!
Allie's excited about her class field trip. Sure, it's to a historic one-room schoolhouse, built back before there was the Internet or even cell phones, and Allie's teacher is encouraging everyone to dress up in old timey costumes, which some of Allie's friends are actually doing. GAH! But at least she
Published September 1st 2010 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Blast from the Past, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blast from the Past

Charlene
Mar 16, 2011 Charlene rated it it was amazing
Dear Readers,

I am reading this book called Blast from the Past by Meg Cabot. It is so good!

It all started when Allie's parents wouldn't let Allie buy a cell phone, even with her own money! So Allie was in a mood, it wasn't a good mood it was a terrible mood. She was mad. She was mad until Ms. Hunter, her fourth grade teacher announced that they were going on a field trip. Allie was excited. She had never ever been on a field trip, it wasn't because her old school didn't have field trips its bec
Shonda
Feb 19, 2011 Shonda rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
Allie Finkle has never been on a school field trip. At her previous school, her class went to the children’s museum (which included a Barbie exhibit!) and Allie was beyond excited about. Her then BFF Mary Kay suggested Allie give her signed permission slip to Mary Kay because Allie may lose it. So of course Allie did. On the day of the field trip, Mary Kay accidentally on purpose forgot to hand Allie’s in. So Allie had to spend the day at school while the rest of her class went on a fun day to t ...more
Dawn
Jan 01, 2012 Dawn rated it really liked it
I love Allie Finkle. If she were real, I’d want her as my best friend. In this sixth novel, Allie is trying to prove that she is responsible enough to have a cell phone, even though her parents have told her not until she’s 16. The blast from the past develops when Allie finds out that she will see her ex-best friend, Mary Kay, on an upcoming field trip that neither one will ever forget. The trip is to a local living history museum. Allie has been looking forward to the trip ever since she found ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for TeensReadToo.com

Allie Finkle's class is going on a field trip. She's never been on a field trip before - she either gets sick or something happens to prevent her from going. She's so excited to ride a bus for the first time, since she lives close enough to school to walk.

Then she finds out they're going to Honeypot Prairie, a one-room school house. Allie doesn't think it sounds amazing, but she's still excited about the trip until she realizes that their class wil
Feb 13, 2011 Laura rated it it was amazing
In the sixth book of the Allie Finkle series, Allie is excited about an upcoming field trip with her class even though her class is matched up with the class from her old school. Even worse, Allie is partnered up with her ex-best friend, who betrayed her on the 3rd grade field trip a year ago. Can the two groups work together and overcome their differences?
When I first read the inside cover of the book, I wondered how a whole book could have been about a field trip, but I shouldn’t have underest
Veronica
Sep 21, 2012 Veronica rated it it was amazing
THE ALLIE FINKLE SEIRES WAS THE BEST! FOR ALL OF YOU PEOPLE THAT DONT LIKE TO READ, AFTER YOU READ THIS YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH READING!
Shana
Mar 24, 2014 Shana rated it it was amazing
Madison
Jul 07, 2011 Madison rated it really liked it
I hope Meg Cabot makes more books in these series!
Brett
Mar 31, 2013 Brett rated it really liked it
Meg Cabot finishes her "Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls" series on the strong note she began them. Allie is initially beside herself when Mrs. Hunter announces they're going to be taking a class field trip - she's always wanted to ride on a real school bus! - but her joy quickly evaporates when she learns that they're going to Honeypot Prairie, a local historically accurate "living history" exhibit detailing the lives of the pioneers who settled the area. Spending the day in a one-room schoolhous ...more
Jnase1
Mar 04, 2013 Jnase1 rated it liked it
The sixth book in this series, it follows fourth grader Allie Finkley on her very first field trip to a historic one-room school house with her fourth grade class and another fourth grade class from her former school where her ex-best friend, Mary Kay, attends. Poor Allie has never gotten to go on a field trip. Something always ended up happening like chicken pox, or her ex-best friend accidentally on purpose forgetting to turn in her permission slip. But she is determined to make it to this fie ...more
Mrs. Riding
Dec 16, 2010 Mrs. Riding rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Allie Finkle lives her life by the rules she has discovered by experience. Now in the fourth grade, she's in a new school and finds that even classes with the best teacher still have students who can make life unpleasant. Staying true to herself and her own rules she finds that things can work out, even when you don't have your very own cell phone, you are going on your first field trip, or your cat gets lost.

I particularly love how true to form Meg Cabot has shared the character of Allie. She
Shana
Jan 20, 2013 Shana rated it it was amazing
I really like this book and it's not just because it's good. It's because in this book they talk mostly about friendship. Allie, the main character cares about her friends and she had a problem and her friend from her old school invite her to their birthday party. But on the other side her new friend's sister had a competition and she want to go to the competition but there's all the stuff that she want to do in the birthday party. So she went to the birthday party. But all her old friend was ma ...more
Dina Guardado
Dec 06, 2015 Dina Guardado rated it it was amazing
Allie goes on a class field trip,
but her teacher announces that every student in rm 209 has been assigned a buddy.

Alies buddy happens to be her ex-best friend, Mary Kay, who betrayed Allie.
Primadonna
Jun 18, 2014 Primadonna rated it liked it
Shelves: children
What I like: The narrative is flowing nicely without sounding holier-than-thou.

What I don't like: Kids can be so evil sometimes. :(
BlueTitan(what's 1000-7?)
Jan 24, 2016 BlueTitan(what's 1000-7?) rated it it was amazing
Its kind of sad that all good book series have to end. I hate finishing a series, because I just get attached to the world. This series was a good one, I have to admit. It was sad that it all concluded with a field trip, though.
Stacey
Jan 23, 2014 Stacey rated it liked it
Shelves: age-9-12, age-6-11
Allie deals with people from her past and those relationships so she can finally move on. Allie and her peers matures as they all handle the conflict at hand together. Mistress Carol, one of their guest teachers, really taught a good lesson about relaxing, listening and working together (read it on pp.199-206).
Lololoopsy
i heart allie finkle
Jan 29, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it
Very realistic portrayal of a 4th grade girl and funny to boot.
Clovee
Aug 14, 2014 Clovee rated it it was amazing
love this series
Jennifer Warf
Sep 15, 2013 Jennifer Warf rated it really liked it
I originally started reading this series to provide my 1st grader with some chapter book experience while also staying somewhat G-rated with the content. We loved these books... we still joke about the rule about never having a pet that can poop in your hand. LOL.
My mother and I are big fans of the Princess Diaries series, so we had to check out more by Meg Cabot. I met her in June 2004 at a book signing in Bloomington, IN. She was awesome. I also have a signed copy of Teen Idol.
Tracy
Sep 02, 2010 Tracy rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I didn't find this one quite as funny as the previous books in the series. Not enough Uncle Jay, although in his brief appearance he does once again give Allie her "food for thought" that carries her through the rest of the story. Allie's negative thoughts (about the field trip and her lack of cell phone and her missing cat) got a bit repetitious in the beginning. Still, her rules crack me up, and I loved the inclusion of George Washington's Rules of Civility.
Scottsdale Public Library
Allie has had some bad luck with field trips in the past. Now her class is going to see Honeypot Prairie, and Allie has all kinds of reservations about seeing how the pioneers lived. To make matters worse, she has to go with Mary Kay, her ex-best friend. Meg Cabot weaves themes of the past, honesty, and rivalry cleverly together in this adventurous tale. - Tiffany J.
Jeff Raymond
I still like Allie Finkle, and I still get the appeal, but it's starting to make me rethink as to whether I want a daughter. This book was so drama-licious, I could barely handle it. Probably the worst of the series so far, but that's still better than a lot of what's out there.
Karen Arendt
Dec 27, 2010 Karen Arendt rated it it was amazing
Allie's ex best friend Mary Kay and her class go on a field trip with Allie's class. Cheyenne is just as annoying as in Best Friends and Drama Qyeens. Allie deals with some nasty girl issues for 4th grade. A great continuation of the Allie Finkle series.
Emily
Jul 07, 2011 Emily rated it really liked it
This was the last book in the series! I was so sad to finish this book because it was the last one! It was a good finale (I guess), but it wasnt the best ending. It was a very good book though. I recommend this book for ages 9 and up.
Nov 07, 2010 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010
Allie's character has gone from charming and endearing and realistic to super saccarine and whiny and annoying. Both of my daughters (who has previously loved the series) said they didn't like this book that much.
Megan Peppin
Jan 03, 2014 Megan Peppin rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
funny and sweet girl is Allie.
Diana
Feb 14, 2015 Diana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I realized, if I ever give these books to kids I'm going to have to explain the Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana.
All the pop culture references are my favorite parts in all Meg Cabot books.
Preet
Sep 29, 2013 Preet rated it it was amazing
Excellent Book I read this for my book report. I read the book in 4 hours it had funny rules and i ended up reading all the series!!! ALSO EVERY1 SHOULD READ THIS BOOOOK :-) *-* +_+ =-=
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Allie Finkle's Rules for Girl - Blast From the Past 1 3 Oct 31, 2013 01:45PM
Nice Book 20 30 Jun 26, 2013 01:30PM
  • Happy New Year, Mallory!  (Mallory McDonald, #12)
  • Allergic to Dead Bodies, Funerals, and Other Fatal Circumstances (Alvin Ho, #4)
  • Sunny Holiday (Sunny Holiday, #1)
  • 15 Minutes
  • Special Delivery (Main Street, #8)
  • Ten Ways To Make My Sister Disappear
  • Lost and Found
  • Griff Carver, Hallway Patrol
  • Thirteen Plus One (The Winnie Years, #5)
  • Dear Pen Pal (The Mother-Daughter Book Club, #3)
  • Radio Fifth Grade

More about Meg Cabot...

Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls (6 books)
  • Moving Day (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls, #1)
  • The New Girl (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls, #2)
  • Best Friends and Drama Queens (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls, #3)
  • Stage Fright (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls, #4)
  • Glitter Girls and the Great Fake-Out (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls, #5)

“front hallway while they were gone.” 0 likes