Start by marking “Fangs: The Vampire Archives, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Fangs: The Vampire Archives, Volume 2

Fangs: The Vampire Archives, Volume 2

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The second immortal volume in this dark and fantastic series, Fangs is a scintillating and sinister collection of vampire stories and part of the now legendary Vampire Archives. Including Clive Barker, Anne Rice, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Many Many More. . .

Featuring:

· bloody fangs
· dark and foreboding crypts
· mysterious nighttime apparitions
· languid ladies
Mass Market Paperback, 548 pages
Published August 31st 2010 by Vintage (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Fangs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fangs

Amanda
I am a anthology junkie, I have a slew of short story collections, and this one has got to be one of the worse. Sure, there are a few good reads in there, but the issue wasn't just with the stories, but the editor's lack of work.

I try not to bully editors and authors, I don't want to be one of those people. But I have to mention the fact that he seriously dropped the ball on this one.

Here's a bulleted list of lameness:

- Not all of the stories are vampire stories. It's a vampire anthology!

- Th
Skye Keenan
Just bought the book!
Got hooked with the narration in an instant! And that was just a paragraph in the middle of the book!
I dont know if my country just doesnt appreciate vampire stories or if it's bad when i was looking at it cause the price went from P350 to P50 to P30! Haha but based on the reviews here, the book might be nice!
Frank Reynoso
Horror anthologies, especially ones that center on a particular monster like vampires or zombies, often rehash old ideas and wallow in cliches but this book manages to expertly avoid these pitfalls. In light of the current trend of humanizing vampires - as typified by some TV shows and movies - it was refreshing to see these mythic creatures doing horrific things. (And I don't mean breaking people's hearts.) Notable highlights include Gardner Dozois and Jack Dann's "Down Among the Dead", Alice a ...more
Cristy Despuig-dahilig
...you like short scary stories?...try this!
Metagion
This anthology wasn't bad, but there were stories I'd read in earlier books (i.e., "Carmilla" by Le Fanu) and I thought it was interesting how they had H P Lovecraft AND August Derleth in the same volume (August Derleth is an HPL autobiographer and does a lot about the works of Lovecraft). Pretty good, though. (I recommend "Special"....one of the good stories).
Levi Tinney
wanted to read Carmilla after reading Anno Dracula, and my wife had this anthology which included it. Handy!

nice mix of classics and contemporary (Conan Doyle and R. Lay in the same anthology!)
Max Bolongaita
I loved this book. It reminded me of why vampires were scary. I had one hell of a bloody good read. Can't wait yo buy the third one Coffins.
Jason
Looking for the hard cover edition.
A good blend of traditional and unorthodox vampire stories.
Julie
Jan 08, 2012 Julie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: audio
Human Remains was excellent.
The Werewolf and the Vampire was so great, so funny.
Eric
Decent collection of vampire stories, with a nice mix of classic and contemporary.
Zuzka
Amazing!! Super collection of vamp stories. ;)
Natalie
Natalie is currently reading it
Dec 12, 2014
Rene
Rene marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Mary Suire
Mary Suire marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
RAFFY
RAFFY is currently reading it
Oct 15, 2014
Mathew
Mathew marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Sonja Bakker
Sonja Bakker marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Ramona Johansen
Ramona Johansen marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Skyler Rowe
Skyler Rowe marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Beth
Beth added it
Jun 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Bloodcircle (Vampire Files, #3)
  • Bayou Folk and A Night in Acadie
  • Cuts
  • Christopher Pike's Tales of Terror: Volume 2
  • Antediluvian Tales
  • Children of the Vampire (The Diaries of the Family Dracul, #2)
  • The Vampire Encyclopedia
  • 23 Hours: A Vengeful Vampire Tale
  • My Name is Evil (The Nightmare Room, #3)
  • Uprising (The Vampire Federation, #1)
  • Vampire Sunrise (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #3)
  • The Lesser Dead
  • Stephen King Goes to the Movies
  • Haunted: Tales of the Grotesque
  • Rumors of the Undead (30 Days of Night)
  • The Aberration
  • Judgment of Tears: Anno Dracula 1959 (Anno Dracula, #3)
  • The Night of the Hunter
Otto Penzler is an editor of mystery fiction in the United States, and proprietor of The Mysterious Bookshop in New York City, where he lives.

Otto Penzler founded The Mysteriour Press in 1975 and was the publisher of The Armchair Detective, the Edgar-winning quarterly journal devoted to the study of mystery and suspense fiction, for seventeen years.

Penzler has won two Edgar Awards, for The Encycl
More about Otto Penzler...
The Black Lizard Big Book of Pulps The Lineup: The World's Greatest Crime Writers Tell the Inside Story of Their Greatest Detectives Christmas at The Mysterious Bookshop The Vampire Archives The Black Lizard Big Book of Black Mask Stories