Start by marking “Claimed! (Sons of Chance, #3)” as Want to Read:
Claimed! (Sons of Chance, #3)

Claimed! (Sons of Chance #3)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  656 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Following a dream brought Josie Keller to Shoshone, Wyoming. Following her heart brought her plenty of great sex with good-time cowboy Jack Chance! She was head over heels for him... until he left her.Stay with one woman? Not a chance! Then why does Jack miss Josie like crazy? Had their relationship been more than just incredible sex?

Little do Josie and Jack know that a pl
Paperback, Harlequin Blaze #556, 216 pages
Published July 27th 2010 by Harlequin (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Claimed!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claimed!

Anything for You by Sarah MayberryBody Check by Elle KennedyCan't Get Enough by Sarah MayberrySlow Hands by Leslie KellySex, Straight Up by Kathleen O'Reilly
Harlequin Blaze
54th out of 210 books — 146 voters
Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei JamesLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesTied Up, Tied Down by Lorelei JamesShoulda Been a Cowboy by Lorelei James
Best Cowboy/Western Romance
133rd out of 394 books — 200 voters

More lists with this book...

♡Karlyn P♡
Seams like its been a long time since I gave a HQN Blaze more than 3 stars, but this one was notably better than their average offering.
Kathy
Mar 13, 2014 Kathy rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, western
Jae
Oct 24, 2010 Jae rated it really liked it
Jack was the brooding brother and I was hoping for more sexual tension going on between Josie and him. Josie seemed a bit easy here for my liking.. She should put more restrains considering their history.
All in all, I enjoyed all 3 books of the series. ;DD
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Jonathan "Jack" Chance Jr. is completely guilty in his feelings over his father's death and how he hurt Josie Keller ten months ago. Jack overworks himself to assuage his guilt and makes sure everyone else is overworked too. Jack's brothers, Nick and Gabe are settling down and moving towards the future. Jack's stepmom Sarah only ever wanted Jack to call her mom but he refuses to do so no matter how much she asks. Josie Keller thought she was over Jack Chance but she couldn't be more wrong. Jack ...more
Barb
Jul 06, 2015 Barb rated it it was amazing
Little do Josie and Jack know that a plan's afoot to get them back in the saddle...together. And once there, it's not long before they're burning up the bedsheets a
Jun 30, 2010 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Totally made my cry, but the ending was perfect. I'm also super glad the mini-series is continuing with Josie's brother, Alex.
Pattianne
Jan 21, 2014 Pattianne rated it it was amazing
CLAIMED - SONS OF CHANCE #3 - (Jack and Josie)

Following a dream brought Josie Keller to Shoshone, Wyoming. Following her heart brought her plenty of great sex with good-time cowboy Jack Chance She was head over heels for him... until he left her.Stay with one woman? Not a chance Then why does Jack miss Josie like crazy? Had their relationship been more than just incredible sex?

Dina
Nov 07, 2010 Dina rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars
Nicole-Pattypattz1
Cora
Dec 06, 2010 Cora rated it liked it
Terri Pray
Mar 03, 2012 Terri Pray rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second of the Chance brother stories I've listened to and I truly enjoyed listening to Jack and Josie's story.

Ten months ago Jack and Josie's relationship came to an abrupt halt with the death of Jack's father, and Josie has done her best to come to terms with the cruel, cold way, Jack broke up with her. He did so over the phone telling her that after all it had only been sex. But when Jack manages to persuade his brother, Gabe, to ask Morgan to marry him, he then turns up - drunk - on Josie's d
The Pen & Muse
Mar 04, 2011 The Pen & Muse rated it it was amazing
eing from the west and having grown up on a ranch myself, I must admit a certain amount of prejudice against Cowboy love stories. Not because I think they’re poorly written, but because they often make these awesome small towns into places where everyone wears Stetsons and Wranglers. They’re more dimestore cowboy than John Wayne.

So when I recieved Claimed for review, I confess I was not thrilled about the pretext.

Holy Cow, Vicki Lewis Thompson threw all my expectations on their respective ear, a
Diah Didi
I knew it, I knew it ... the moment Jack showed up in first book, I knew his story would be great. Perhaps it's because he had this such brooding act. Or perhaps because somehow I fall for a guy named Jack. :))
Suka banget ama chemistry antara dia dan Josie. It's very understood-able.
Yang nggak nyangka adalah, mengingat Jack ini sangat serius, kaku dan kesannya galak banget, menjaga jarak (nggak nyalahin juga karna dia bukan anaknya Sarah), ternyata banyak bagian kocak and konyol.
Mungkin karna
Cris
Jun 17, 2016 Cris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: country
Achei essa série dos irmãos Chance mediana.
Para mim, em todos os livros, faltou historia e sobrou sexo. Não empolguei muito.
O Jack é o irmão ranzinza. Ele terminou com a namorada por se sentir culpado pela morte do pai e de lá para cá está cada dia mais mal-humorado. E sim, o mal dele é falta de sexo.
Ele tenta reatar, mas Josie ainda tem um pé atras com o Jack, e desta vez ela espera mais de um relacionamento do que sexo ardente e selvagem, não que isso não seja bom, mas deve ser acompanhado de
Jennifer The Forgetful Fairy Queen
This one was good. It was nice to be inside Jack's misguided head. I didn't like him much in the other 2 books but he came around finally. Now I understand him better. The Dope!! Josie is awesome and I found them together to be fun. I loved the witty banter between them. Their flirty and fun. I enjoyed how it continued on with the rest of family in the picture here and there as well. So happy to read about One of the Chance brothers weddings taking place. Although on horseback would not be my ul ...more
Rukhsar
Aug 10, 2014 Rukhsar rated it really liked it
not so sure i liked the ending with Alex but i'm glad the chance brothers are all mated. love the integration of the story lines of gabe and nick
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Sons of Chance
"... Hot cowboys who reside in Wyoming on the Chance Ranch and raised horses. Each brother handsome and unique and Claimed was the last book in the series, the oldest brother Jack’s story. Honestly, I had a lump in my throat in the final three chapters, it was a real tear jerker! Plus a fabulous cast of secondary characters with a few secrets thrown in for good measure. Conflict, tension at it’s best!" from a review posted by an eHarlequin.com member, read more here.
Ashley
Great little story of second chance love with one of the Chance brothers. 3/5 stars
Kayla
Dec 15, 2014 Kayla rated it really liked it
I actually liked this one better than the first 2. I don't know why...
Heather
Feb 14, 2016 Heather rated it liked it
Okay for a quick read
Sherry Lee
Jul 07, 2015 Sherry Lee rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
A very good read. Looking forward to reading more Vicki Lewis Thompson .
Carrie
I do like the author's writing style, but I didn't enjoy this quite as much as Ambushed!, her previous book. There simply wasn't that much of a story. The possibility for some good tension, sexual and otherwise, was there but the author decided on a tamer course of action. The arrangement between Josie and Jack early in the book didn't make any sense, especially between to consenting adults. So, enjoyable but nothing especially memorable about this story.
Lisa
Mar 25, 2011 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
After reading the back of the book, I am not really quite sure what I expected. There were parts that were pretty predictible. But I guess that that shouldn't suprise me all that much This series (not the author) tends to do that for me. Sometimes it's exactly what I am looking for in a book, while other times I want to be totally surprised. That didn't happen with this book, however I would read this again if I was in the right mood for this type of book.
Donna
May 23, 2016 Donna rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2014
I'm starting to really like this series. Of the three books I've read so far, this is my favourite. Jack's personality is a little more complex and the relationship between Jack and Josie has a fair bit of depth to it. I like Thompson's writing style. The story flowed smoothly with just enough angst in it to make me wonder how the author was going to arrive at a HEA ending. Overall a very entertaining book.

Rating: 3.5 stars rounded up to 4 stars.
Suzanne
Mar 10, 2015 Suzanne rated it really liked it
Finally! Jack found some happiness :)
Holly
Aug 09, 2010 Holly rated it really liked it
I really enjoy VLT's category romances. Especially the ones featuring sexy cowboys.

I love the reunited lovers theme, and VLT does it well here. Jack and Josie were both great characters, both on their own and together. I liked that Jack realized his mistakes from the past and tried to correct them. I also liked that Josie didn't let him get away with anything.

Overall a great, sexy read.

Gmc
Oct 08, 2013 Gmc rated it really liked it
Shelves: reveiwed, western
Claimed! by Vicki Lewis Thompson the Sons of Chance #3.
Jack Chance the oldest of his father's son has taken the death of his father hard. He is working himself and everyone around him near to death. Josie Keller was his girl friend until the day his father died. His brother is having a horse back wedding and somebody has to teach Josie to ride.
Guess who?
Tofu Fairy
Jul 29, 2012 Tofu Fairy rated it it was amazing
Another good one! This one had a much better ending wrap up too...wasn't so fast to end the story. Loved that you knew the characters from the previous two books in this series, so the history was already there for you when you picked this up. Hot sex and very realistic battles of the wills and sexes in this too...just a fun sexy read!
Veronica
Feb 18, 2013 Veronica rated it liked it
Shelves: fluff
I went to a workshop at my local library, and the author of this series was there, talking about her work and writing romance, etc. It was fascinating. I had never had a chance to read her before, so I picked up the earliest in the series that my library had to offer.

It was well done. I can't say I disliked any one part of this book.
  • The Ranger
  • Play with Me
  • Northern Encounter (Harlequin Blaze, #575)
  • Going Down Hard (Eventfully Yours, #2)
  • The Heat Is On
  • Riding the Storm
  • Her Secret Fling (Harlequin Blaze, #517)
  • Texas Blaze (Harlequin Blaze #509)
  • Hot-Blooded (Harlequin Blaze, #563)
  • The Braddock Boys: Colton (Braddock Boys, #4) (Love At First Bite, #7)
  • The Mighty Quinns: Dermot (The Mighty Quinns, #19)
  • Out Of Control (Harlequin Blaze #459)
  • Simon Says...
  • The Ex Factor (Harlequin Blaze #569)
New York Times and USA Today bestseller Vicki Lewis Thompson believes love makes the world go around and laughter makes the trip worth taking. The recipient of RWA’s Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award and the author of more than ninety books, Vicki pioneered a new kind of romance hero with Nerd in Shining Armor. Following the success of her nerd stories, Vicki launched a boisterous paranormal ...more
More about Vicki Lewis Thompson...

Sons of Chance (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Wanted! (Sons of Chance, #1)
  • Ambushed! (Sons of Chance, #2)
  • Should've Been a Cowboy (Sons of Chance, #4)
  • Cowboy Up (Sons of Chance, #5)
  • Cowboys Like Us (Sons of Chance, #6)
  • Long Road Home (Sons of Chance, #7)
  • Lead Me Home (Sons of Chance, #8)
  • Feels Like Home (Sons of Chance, #9)
  • I Cross My Heart (Sons of Chance, #10)
  • Wild at Heart (Sons of Chance, #11)