Start by marking “Hungry for Your Love: An Anthology of Zombie Romance” as Want to Read:
Hungry for Your Love: An Anthology of Zombie Romance

Hungry for Your Love: An Anthology of Zombie Romance

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  163 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Romance ain't dead...it's undead. In this thrilling zombie anthology, horror fans will finally get their fill of zombie-on-zombie action, zombie-human love, and zombiesmut. Because why should vampires have all the fun?

This collection ofnever-before-publishedshort storiesincludes:

--"Revanants Anonymous" by Francesca Lia Block: two zombies meet at a Revanants Anonymous meeti
Published September 28th 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published October 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Hungry for Your Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hungry for Your Love

Warm Bodies by Isaac MarionLove in the Time of the Dead by Tera ShanleyFlesh by Kylie ScottHans & Greta by Nicki ElsonThe Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Zombie Romance
32nd out of 124 books — 221 voters
Warm Bodies by Isaac MarionMy Life as a White Trash Zombie by Diana RowlandMarried With Zombies by Jesse PetersenPride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-SmithEat Slay Love by Jesse Petersen
Zombie Love
14th out of 81 books — 51 voters

More lists with this book...

Steven
Oct 29, 2009 Steven rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Full Disclosure: I have a story in this book.

I like themed anthologies. It's partially because I'm a fan of short stories in general. Even more than that, I like to see how different authors can take a basic idea and do all sorts of fun and unexpected things with it.

On that front, Hungry for Your Love fits the bill. This is an e-anthology published by Ravenous Romance that starts with a twist: Forget vampires - what about zombie romance?

The twenty one (well over 300 pages!) of stories capture a
DeAnna Knippling
I wanted to like this but couldn't.

1) This collection was trying to be all things to all possible readers of this book. Make the romance readers happy! Make the horror readers happy! Make the urban fantasy readers happy! That much happiness got spread thin. I wish it had gone with "make romance readers happy" and left it at that.

2) Almost all of the stories were cheesy and bland, with a wink towards the reader. I felt like they were missing the potential in both the romance and horror genres. "G
Mauoijenn ~ *Mouthy Jenn* ~
ZOMBIE ROMANCE?

Zombie Romance!

It was really good. I thought. Not your grandma/auntie kind of romance books. That's for sure.
Eva Leger
I found this on my library's website while looking for another book. Honestly, I didn't even see the 'romance' aspect. I seriously doubt I'd have gotten it. It's kind of hard to imagine zombies in love. Or so I thought.
This review will be ongoing because of my memory and the fact that it's an anthology. So....

5 stars - Romance Ain't Dead by Jeremy Wagner - I'm happy that Lori Perkins started out strong because I'm not hesitant to give up on a book I don't enjoy anymore. This is a good, good stor
R Scott Steele
If you ever thought that zombies and romance didn't mix, this book will prove you wrong. An outstanding collection of stories that just made me hungry for more!
Russ Crossley
Fantastic book. A wonderful group of stories that take the zombie myth in a whole new direction.
Lexie
i have been a fan of zombies since I was a toddler and George Romero was the Zombie Making God. The recent rise in Zombie Romance stories caught me by surprise since I honestly never saw them as anything but amusing shamblers with a vicious appetite. Some of these authors have changed my mind, given the Zombie Mythos a twist that doesn't make the romance so completely wrong, but others just reinforced my opinion. Regardless I enjoyed this anthology quite a bit. My individual opinions on each sto ...more
Jennifer Williams
I wanted to like this. Really I did. I love zombies. I love erotica. And I've met the editor so I had high hopes but ultimately I was disappointed. Most of the stories read like bad Harlequin romances or like smutty sex and zombies were just thrown together to qualify for the anthology. Of course, whether or not someone likes a work of fiction is subjective and I realize that so keeping that in mind...

I personally found many of the female characters to be exactly the type of women I either hate
FredTownWard
Best Zombie Romance Anthology EVER!

It will probably come as no surprise to learn that this is the ONLY zombie romance anthology ever.

Lori Perkins' Introduction is a must read explanation for how this seemingly insane project ever came to be; as you no doubt expected, some daring, even some "double dog daring" was involved. Suffice it to say that Ms. Perkins encountered some skepticism: "We posted the thesis on Facebook, and hundreds of readers said they couldn't imagine romance with rotting corp
Reetta Saine
Arvostelussa ei ole käytetty yhtään hirsipuuhuumoria... hups. Zombiet ja rakkaustarinat eivät yleensä sovi samaan lauseeseen, joten novellikokoelma oli pakko hankkia jo ennakkotilauksena. Muistissa on kuitenkin Nummelinin toimittama Tuhansien zombien maa, jossa elävät kuolleet rakastivat ja surivat useammassakin tarinassa.

En tiedä, pitäisikö tätä kokoelmaa kutsua "monimuotoiseksi" vai "yhteismitattomaksi". Samaan kirjaan on ympätty niin maailman todennäköisesti ensimmäinen zombie-threesome, peri
Rachel Carrington
L
Rose
I've never been happier to finish an anthology on anything in my life, partially because this book took me on such a whirlwind of emotional turns that I feel like I need to review it just to say that I survived it. *proudly attaches "I survived an Adult Zombie Romance book" button to her breast pocket.*

Although it was a bit of a struggle, I actually found a few of the stories here charming, probably more than I expected to, considering the thematic of this particular collection of stories.

Forewa
Melissa
Like all anthologies, there's some great work and some sub-par work inside. In the case of Hungry For Your Love, the less-than-stellar stories are fewer and farther between than in most anthologies I have come across. That being said, I will review a few select pieces and advise the reader to just skip the first story completely.

"Revenants Anonymous" by Francesca Lia Block: The first great story in the book. It is one of the most highly reviewed, and deservedly so, with the sweet and tentativel
Guillermo
The stories range from silly and cute to erotic and weird to are you kidding me? Because there are so many stories I'd have to review in order to get the full on idea, I'd like to just point out some of my favorites. And not review them. I do a horrible job at reviewing things like this. I'm complaining. Perhaps for filler.

Francesca Lia Block's (The Frenzy, Open Letter to Quiet Light) "Revenants Anonymous" introduces us to Casey, whose eye is set on Ed - both of which are revenants attempting to
Bandit
I guess I didn't give this more stars, because I expected something more out of this awesome concept. Romance and zombies sounds like fun, sounds like one might want to get creative, let the imagination roam a bit, something...However, I feel like a lot of authors in this book just sorta offered up smut, smut with zombies. Kinda felt like a cheap cop out. Romance as such barely makes an appearance, oddly in male author written stories. Maybe it says something about women and genre fiction, maybe ...more
Linda
"Hungry for Your Love: An Anthology of Zombie Romance" wasn't really my cup of tea. I usually like my zed novels with more action and less romance. There were a few stories that were outstanding and are why I gave it a 3/5 instead of a 1/5. Regina Riley's 'Undying Love' was my favorite story. I am a fan of Urban Fantasy and Ms. Riley left me wanting more. I enjoyed Brian Keene's 'Captive Hearts. Nothing like a little fun revenge with a side of zombies. And the haunting 'Later' by Michael Marshal ...more
Jenn
This is an interesting and sometimes disturbing collection of zombie tales. Some stories were interesting, some were downright moronic (Coldwell, I'm looking at you), and hidden in between were gems that made me want to know more.
Overall, I liked it. But it fell into the same trap that most anthologies do...it let a few train wrecks in to fill the pages, and ended up bringing the enjoyment down a few notches.
Teresa
All in all, a very good collection of zombie stories. Like all anthologies, some were much better than others. Certain stories and authors definitely deserve second looks,namely: R.G. Hart, Regina Riley (reminiscent of Kim Harrison, to me at least), Brian Keene, Lois H. Gresh, Steven Saus, Kilt Kilpatrick, Jeanine McAdam, and Gina McQueen (rumored to be zombie master John Skipp in drag!).
Jessica
Sep 02, 2011 Jessica marked it as to-read
Shelves: owned
I'm not going to lie, I have NO expectations for this book except to laught till I choke. Really?! I could not pass this up for $5, I love zombies and romance, but together spells disaster. Can't Wait!!
Bwahahaha...zombie love...zombie love your sweet hot brain, not your sweet hot a**
Darcy
Like with most anthologies you have an interesting mix. Some of these stories made me laugh, some were blah, and a couple really grossed me out, one not in a gross zombie way, just inappropriate relationship way.

If you are a fan of zombies and love stories check this one out.
Dustin Reade
all told, this is pretty good anthology. Some of the stories clunk a bit, but not so much as to detract from the overall enjoyment of the book. Brian Keene's story stands out as one of the more disturbing, though the others don't shy away from a bit of gore and offense.
Tad
This book was really dirty and I had to keep myself from blushing while reading it. Definitely does a good job of parodying romance novels, though, and there were some really good stories in here. Still, though, not for the faint of heart or those who get embarrassed easily!!
Coley
As much as I wanted to, I really couldn't get into the majority of this book. I read a few stories that were okay, and tried to start the rest but just couldn't get myself to finish them. Unfortunately this book went back to the library largely unfinished.
Kym
Dec 20, 2013 Kym rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kym by: Jeremy Wagner/Lori Perkins
Not a huge short story fan, but I loved the authors challenge of mixing Zombies with romance! Also my wonderful husband wrote the first story... Still I was surprised how enjoyable at his collection was!
Fyrekatz
My Valentine's Day/ AntiValentine's Day Reading!

Yup strange for Valentines day reading, I only read like 5 storys in this book and didn't like most of them... back to the library with you!
Lori Perkins
Nov 12, 2009 Lori Perkins rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This is the best anthology I have ever edited (I think I've done a dozen now). You have got to get this for the variety of the stories. It's amazing how fluid the zombie mythos is.
Jessy May
Definately enjoyed this book! Some stories were AMAZING some could have been skipped but that is how it always is with short story books! A fun, light read for any zombie fan :)
Anna
I picked this up mainly to read Jaime Saare's story, which I enjoyed. My rating is based on that story. I'm sure zombie fans will enjoy this anthology.
Kimmyh
Nice collection of zombie fiction, not many of which I considered 'Romantic', but all the stories included were enjoyable.
  • The Mammoth Book of Zombies
  • The Undead: Zombie Anthology
  • Zombies: The Recent Dead
  • The Living Dead, Volume 2 (The Living Dead, #2)
  • My Zombie Valentine
  • The World Is Dead
  • Zombies! Zombies! Zombies!
  • Zombiesque
  • Bedknobs & Beanstalks: Anthology of Gay Erotic Fairy Tales
  • Zombocalypse Now (Chooseomatic Books, #1)
  • The Zombies of Lake Woebegotten
  • Among the Living
  • Can You Survive the Zombie Apocalypse?
  • Vacation
  • Best New Zombie Tales Vol. 1
  • Hot and Steamy: Tales of Steampunk Romance
  • Zombies: Encounters with the Hungry Dead
  • The Monster's Corner: Stories Through Inhuman Eyes
A literary agent and Publisher of Riverdale Ave Books. Author of Fifty Writers on Fifty Shades of Grey as well as Hungry for Your Love, and 20 other erotic romance anthologies.
More about Lori Perkins...
Fifty Writers on Fifty Shades of Grey Men In Shorts: An Erotic Anthology I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Claus Tight Ends: An Erotic Gay Football Anthology Fang Bangers

“When I first saw her, she stood out in vivid, living color while the world around her turned to grayscale.” 6 likes
“Then came the recession and the end of the Bush boom, and with it came the realization that we were all worker drones paying off our bloated mortgages, bloodsucking corporations and even each other- we are the dead” 2 likes