Start by marking “Hunting the Demon (Demon Hunters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hunting the Demon (Demon Hunters, #2)

Hunting the Demon (Demon Hunters #2)

In a world seething with sin and seduction, the chase is on.

Hunting demons for a living can have its moments. Especially when Shay Pearson’s latest quarry is the gorgeous bronze surfer who just stepped out of the sea. Uncovering Nic Diavolo’s devilish side could prove Shay’s toughest assignment yet. Because while she’s acting as bait to snatch this sexy bad boy, Nic’s got
Published August 28th 2007 by Dell (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Hunting the Demon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunting the Demon

Mindy (Naughty Book Snitch)
Shay is a new demon hunter with a special skill of foresight that she has never told anyone about and has seen Nic in her visions. She is sent to seduce and help kidnap Nic, a half demon half human and also Derek’s brother to see if he’s good or bad and get him to the Realm of Light.

Dominic (Nic) was taken and raised by Ben, Derek & Nic’s demon father, when Nic was 8. Nic has no memory of his childhood prior to 8years old. So when Nic is approached by the Realm of Light he is a little skept
Sharon
May 06, 2010 Sharon rated it really liked it
I am surprised I 4-star liked this because it's a book that doesn't really fit into a genre. It's not really erotica....not enough sex (sad). It isn't typical romance because it doesn't follow the usual script and it has a paranormal element. But it's not really paranormal because although it adheres to that script more, the main characters aren't really paranormal as they usually are...they just fight the paranormal. So, although it's an odd fit, I find myself enjoying the series and I'm still ...more
Miss Kim
Feb 24, 2009 Miss Kim rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Fans
Recommended to Miss Kim by: Continuation of a Series
Shelves: paranormal, 2009
Hunting the Demon picks up right where Surviving Demon Island left off. The demon hunters traveled to Australia in order to find Derek’s brother Nic, and see which side he is on. Basically, is he good or evil?

Shay has been a demon hunter for only a few months when she was asked to participate in a reality show called Surviving Demon Island. She feels this is what she was meant to do with her life.

They use her as bait to lure Nic to them. She wasn’t expecting to be so attracted to bad boy Nic. T
PepperP0t
This installment was a little long for what it was, it felt as if there was more than a little filler and it was a bit uneven. On the other hand it also built upon and improved in writing, plotting, pacing and storyline from the origin story, in addition the overall arc became clear. Having read the first two books I’d say that this series should be read in order to have a full understanding of this world.
The installment picks up shortly after book one and the team has traveled to Australia, ho
Heather
Apr 30, 2013 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: booksfree-com
Man this was a long story, with well over 400+ pages. After reading the first in this series I was it sure if I should continue. It was a take it or leave it deal for me. I choose to read the next one, and it was better than the first.

This one was about Nic and Shay. Nic is Derek's brother who was taken by his demon father when he was 8 years old. Not wanting to deal with the memories he had he blocked them. So as a 33 year old man he has no idea of his demonic family. Shay is sent under cover
Tammy Sargeant
Mar 17, 2014 Tammy Sargeant rated it really liked it
Great book. I liked it, but it didn't have to be this long. I really liked Dominic, Derek's (from the first book) long lost brother. Shay was eh. Wasn't feeling her from book one either, didn't in this one. The side story with Ryder and Angie got me intrigued, so I'll be excited to check that out next.
Judy Hall
Feb 15, 2014 Judy Hall rated it liked it
My notes say I want to read more. I have to remember to look for them.
Dee Haddrill
Oct 26, 2011 Dee Haddrill rated it really liked it
This is the second in the Demon Hunters series and it was again a very good read. Shay seduces Nic in order to find out whether he is evil or not, with Nic having spent more time with his father than his brother, Derek. I found myself getting attached enough to the characters that I was getting angry on their behalf and had to remind myself that it was just a book. Great characters, hot love scenes and a great story that has you eager to see what happens next.
Hbeebti
This was just ok for me. Not sure what it was that just didn't draw me in . I did like Nic and Shay. There was a lot of distrust and issues with hurting each other. The demons were cool even though they were bad. I like the other demon hunters too. Ryder was an interesting character. Will I read more from the series? Probably not. Just felt it was a waste of time to continue if I didn't love it.
Kathy Davie
Aug 31, 2010 Kathy Davie rated it liked it
Burton's storyline is what pulls me into this series---I'm curious as to the culture, background, and lifestyle of both sides in this romance. However, her writing style could be smoother. Some scenes Burton segues through with a good lead up. Other times, it feels as though she couldn't be bothered to develop the scene much further along than the original outline.
Nonieღserenity2bliss
A much enjoyable read than the first book!

I guess it helps that Shay is not annoying as Gina (the heroine from Surviving Demon Island). I find the plot is more interesting and so is the relationship between Nic and Shay.

However, I still find the characters lacking in the emotional maturity department which is why I'm rating it 3 stars and not 4.
Tonia Caniglia
Sep 22, 2013 Tonia Caniglia rated it really liked it
It really pulled me in from the start. I thought it had just the right amount of intrigue, romance, and humor. The one downside is that in the middle it lost my interest a bit but picked up at the end. I think that it could have done without some stuff. Leaves me wanting to see what happens in the next book.
Amber
Nov 26, 2013 Amber rated it really liked it
I really liked this book the second in the series. The only thing I didnt like was that it was so similiar to the first book. The brother battles becoming a demon and falls in love with a woman who brings out the demon in him. I am looking forward to reading the third one though.
Amy Ethridge
Jul 28, 2013 Amy Ethridge rated it liked it
I'm intrigued by the demon world and the battle of light vs. dark, but sometimes the writing is a little choppy so the story doesn't develop as well as it could. This 2nd book in the series is definitely better than the first so I'm going to read on.
Gemma
Feb 02, 2012 Gemma rated it it was ok
Disappointing. Quite a let down compared to the first book in the series, which I loved.

It felt like the author was writing for the sake of it and not really enjoying her own story.

Not sure I can be bothered reading the rest of the series.
Nichola connor
Jan 23, 2012 Nichola connor rated it really liked it
i thoroughly enjoyed this series of books.
Mas5thgrade2011
Nov 10, 2010 Mas5thgrade2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 5d, music
its not that much of a really good book
Gerri
Oct 20, 2013 Gerri rated it really liked it
Good series. I will be reading more.
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it it was amazing
Rosita
Rosita marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Nusa Vodnik
Nusa Vodnik marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
S.
S. rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2016
Kimberly Jones-allensworth
Kimberly Jones-allensworth rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2016
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Onyx
Onyx marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Kymmie
Kymmie added it
Aug 22, 2016
Nicole Haskins
Nicole Haskins marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
  • The Man Tamer (It's All About Attitude #7)
  • Nocturnal
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Ambushed! (McCalls' Montana #3)
  • Moonburn (Abra Barrow #2)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • Frontier Courtship
  • The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)
  • Serpent Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #8)
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #1)
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
  • The Cheating Curve
  • Poisoned Kisses (Mythica #3)
  • Good Girls Don't
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 70 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the hap ...more
More about Jaci Burton...

Demon Hunters (4 books)
  • Surviving Demon Island (Demon Hunters, #1)
  • The Darkest Touch (Demon Hunters, #3)
  • Taken by Sin (Demon Hunters, #4)