Hunting the Demon (Demon Hunters, #2)

Hunting the Demon (Demon Hunters #2)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  322 ratings  ·  21 reviews
In a world seething with sin and seduction, the chase is on.

Hunting demons for a living can have its moments. Especially when Shay Pearson’s latest quarry is the gorgeous bronze surfer who just stepped out of the sea. Uncovering Nic Diavolo’s devilish side could prove Shay’s toughest assignment yet. Because while she’s acting as bait to snatch this sexy bad boy, Nic’s got...more
Published August 28th 2007 by Dell (first published January 1st 2007)

Lea
Jun 20, 2009 Lea rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lea by: i_love_my_kiera@yahoo.ca
Shelves: read-in-2009
In the second of Jaci Burton’s “Demon Hunters” series of books she creates a fast paced narrative surrounding ‘Nic’, Derek’s younger brother and ‘Shay’ one of the new recruits introduced in “Surviving Demon Island”. Ryder’s character is also developed and involved in a romantic suspense sub-plot and we meet a new and very intriguing female archaeologist. The setting for the story is in steamy sultry Australia where the hunters battle demon Lords and their minions planning to conduct an ancient a...more
Mindy (Naughty Book Snitch) Kenyon
Shay is a new demon hunter with a special skill of foresight that she has never told anyone about and has seen Nic in her visions. She is sent to seduce and help kidnap Nic, a half demon half human and also Derek’s brother to see if he’s good or bad and get him to the Realm of Light.

Dominic (Nic) was taken and raised by Ben, Derek & Nic’s demon father, when Nic was 8. Nic has no memory of his childhood prior to 8years old. So when Nic is approached by the Realm of Light he is a little skept...more
Sharon
I am surprised I 4-star liked this because it's a book that doesn't really fit into a genre. It's not really erotica....not enough sex (sad). It isn't typical romance because it doesn't follow the usual script and it has a paranormal element. But it's not really paranormal because although it adheres to that script more, the main characters aren't really paranormal as they usually are...they just fight the paranormal. So, although it's an odd fit, I find myself enjoying the series and I'm still...more
Miss Kim
Feb 24, 2009 Miss Kim rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Fans
Recommended to Miss Kim by: Continuation of a Series
Shelves: paranormal, 2009
Hunting the Demon picks up right where Surviving Demon Island left off. The demon hunters traveled to Australia in order to find Derek’s brother Nic, and see which side he is on. Basically, is he good or evil?

Shay has been a demon hunter for only a few months when she was asked to participate in a reality show called Surviving Demon Island. She feels this is what she was meant to do with her life.

They use her as bait to lure Nic to them. She wasn’t expecting to be so attracted to bad boy Nic. T...more
PepperP0t (ireadthatbook.com)
This installment was a little long for what it was, it felt as if there was more than a little filler and it was a bit uneven. On the other hand it also built upon and improved in writing, plotting, pacing and storyline from the origin story, in addition the overall arc became clear. Having read the first two books I’d say that this series should be read in order to have a full understanding of this world.
The installment picks up shortly after book one and the team has traveled to Australia, ho...more
Heather
Man this was a long story, with well over 400+ pages. After reading the first in this series I was it sure if I should continue. It was a take it or leave it deal for me. I choose to read the next one, and it was better than the first.

This one was about Nic and Shay. Nic is Derek's brother who was taken by his demon father when he was 8 years old. Not wanting to deal with the memories he had he blocked them. So as a 33 year old man he has no idea of his demonic family. Shay is sent under cover...more
Tammy Sargeant
Great book. I liked it, but it didn't have to be this long. I really liked Dominic, Derek's (from the first book) long lost brother. Shay was eh. Wasn't feeling her from book one either, didn't in this one. The side story with Ryder and Angie got me intrigued, so I'll be excited to check that out next.
Judy Hall
My notes say I want to read more. I have to remember to look for them.
Dee Haddrill
This is the second in the Demon Hunters series and it was again a very good read. Shay seduces Nic in order to find out whether he is evil or not, with Nic having spent more time with his father than his brother, Derek. I found myself getting attached enough to the characters that I was getting angry on their behalf and had to remind myself that it was just a book. Great characters, hot love scenes and a great story that has you eager to see what happens next.
Hbeebti
This was just ok for me. Not sure what it was that just didn't draw me in . I did like Nic and Shay. There was a lot of distrust and issues with hurting each other. The demons were cool even though they were bad. I like the other demon hunters too. Ryder was an interesting character. Will I read more from the series? Probably not. Just felt it was a waste of time to continue if I didn't love it.
Kathy Davie
Burton's storyline is what pulls me into this series---I'm curious as to the culture, background, and lifestyle of both sides in this romance. However, her writing style could be smoother. Some scenes Burton segues through with a good lead up. Other times, it feels as though she couldn't be bothered to develop the scene much further along than the original outline.
Nonieღserenity2bliss
A much enjoyable read than the first book!

I guess it helps that Shay is not annoying as Gina (the heroine from Surviving Demon Island). I find the plot is more interesting and so is the relationship between Nic and Shay.

However, I still find the characters lacking in the emotional maturity department which is why I'm rating it 3 stars and not 4.
Tonia Caniglia
It really pulled me in from the start. I thought it had just the right amount of intrigue, romance, and humor. The one downside is that in the middle it lost my interest a bit but picked up at the end. I think that it could have done without some stuff. Leaves me wanting to see what happens in the next book.
Kate Smith
The little things matter when you're setting a novel in another country... Admittedly, I don't socialise with jet-setting mine-owning surfers or Sydneyites but every time this hero referred to women as "sheilas" I just cringed. Demons? Sure. Outdated slang? Sadly, you've lost me.
Amber
I really liked this book the second in the series. The only thing I didnt like was that it was so similiar to the first book. The brother battles becoming a demon and falls in love with a woman who brings out the demon in him. I am looking forward to reading the third one though.
Amy Ethridge
I'm intrigued by the demon world and the battle of light vs. dark, but sometimes the writing is a little choppy so the story doesn't develop as well as it could. This 2nd book in the series is definitely better than the first so I'm going to read on.
Gemma
Disappointing. Quite a let down compared to the first book in the series, which I loved.

It felt like the author was writing for the sake of it and not really enjoying her own story.

Not sure I can be bothered reading the rest of the series.
Nichola connor
i thoroughly enjoyed this series of books.
Mas5thgrade2011
its not that much of a really good book
Gerri
Good series. I will be reading more.
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Lucinda
Lucinda marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Heather Bell
Heather Bell marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Jessica Carbaugh
Jessica Carbaugh marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
  • Nocturnal
  • Moonburn (Abra Barrow #2)
  • Rock My World (The Wrong Bed) (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Celtic Fire (Druids of Avalon, #1)
  • Serpent Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #8)
  • Frontier Courtship
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #1)
  • The Trouble with J.J.
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
  • Good Girls Don't
  • Luscious Craving (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #2)
  • Deadly Little Secrets
  • Ravish: The Awakening of Sleeping Beauty
  • The Irish Devil (Devil, #1)
  • The Viking Takes a Knight (Viking I, #9)
  • Poisoned Kisses (Mythica #3)
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 50 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the hap...more
More about Jaci Burton...
The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2) Taking a Shot (Play by Play, #3) Playing to Win (Play by Play, #4) Thrown by a Curve (Play by Play, #5)