Start by marking “Mr. Shmooze: The Art and Science of Selling Through Relationships” as Want to Read:
Mr. Shmooze: The Art and Science of Selling Through Relationships

Mr. Shmooze: The Art and Science of Selling Through Relationships

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  65 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Reorient your selling approach "Mr. Shmooze" is the parable of a man who reveals the secret shared by all superstar salespeople. Selling, in its most exquisite form, is not about "taking," nor is it about "persuading." Selling, believe it or not, is about "giving." Mr. Shmooze gives for a living. He starts by listening and he quickly comes to understand what people really ...more
Published October 5th 2010 by John Wiley & Sons (first published October 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Shmooze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Shmooze

Matt Gwynn
Apr 04, 2015 Matt Gwynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was probably my favorite business read that falls under the category of both short and based off of a fictional story. The author understands sales very well which is why Mr. Schmooze and the lessons he taught rang so true to me. "Selling is really the art and science of a much higher subject. The subject of life. Everyone communicates, listens, attempts to persuade, all day, every day of their lives. Yes, there are bad salespeople out there, just like there are bad politicians, journalists ...more
Keri Pabst
If you are reading this book to get A better understanding of selling through relationships, start at chapter 5. if you take this book too literal you will go broke. Chapters 1-5 spend most of its time developing the relationship with the client on an "wow" level. Standing out by using dollar signs. Using elaborate and thoughtful pricey gifts to get someone to notice you. Once you get past that on to chapters 5 he teaches you why you need the relationships and what it means to stand out. If you ...more
Mike Cahill
Jan 08, 2016 Mike Cahill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
This short book contains key lessons that will lead to success in any business endeavor. Many business books told in story format don't feel "real" but this is the rare exception. You are right there in the middle of a grand business adventure!

I re-read this book often and knew it was the first book I HAD to read in 2016. Why? It sets the stage to go out and do more, do it bigger, and do it with an infectious energy that everyone loves. The result is more for everybody involved.

Read it, then go
Kin Thompson
Jan 07, 2016 Kin Thompson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book - easy read. I would love to meet/and be this guy! Really makes me think about adding value to other people and being more intentional in my relationships.
Blaine Strickland
A short, entertaining, easily read business fable. Encourages, passion, enthusiasm and careful preparation in your dealings with clients and prospects.
Shelly
Oct 08, 2008 Shelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this saturday night. It only took about 1 1/2 hours. It's a quick read. My husband was reading it and I thought it looked interesting. I loved it! It's meant for the business-professional, but I found many applications applicable to my life (both as a parent and person).

Aundi, you should have your hubby read it.
Michael Weening
Feb 20, 2013 Michael Weening rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-sales-books
One of my Top 5 sales books. I have had Richard speak to my sales organizations (via webinars) in 3 orgs and love his view on sales.

Relationship selling is critical to any sales team and while this book is "over the top", it makes the point. Do this 50% as well as illustrated, and you will be at the top.
C. Spencer Reynolds
Apr 15, 2012 C. Spencer Reynolds rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-10
One of my most recommended books! I give this to almost all of my coaching clients!
Sean Courtney
Sean Courtney rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Becky
Becky is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2016
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Marisa Belinfante
Marisa Belinfante marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2016
Susie Ortega-Dalke
Susie Ortega-Dalke marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Hansen
Hansen marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Teresa Dreher
Teresa Dreher rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Kristina
Kristina rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2016
Deepakazad
Deepakazad rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Olivier Rheault
Olivier Rheault marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
James Boyd
James Boyd rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Amir Syed
Amir Syed rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2015
Mike Ortiz
Mike Ortiz rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
Lela Ashkarian
Lela Ashkarian rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2015
Russ Lindsay
Russ Lindsay marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Jordan Lambert
Jordan Lambert rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2015
Dale Stanford
Dale Stanford rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2015