Start by marking “Booze Cakes: Confections Spiked with Spirits, Wine, and Beer” as Want to Read:
Booze Cakes: Confections Spiked with Spirits, Wine, and Beer

Booze Cakes: Confections Spiked with Spirits, Wine, and Beer

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Mix, Bake, Buzz!

Booze Cakes features step-by-step recipes for spiking delicious confections with spirits, wine, and beer. These delightfully tipsy desserts are perfect for dinner parties, potlucks, and pitch-ins! You’ll find recipes for:

• Classic Booze Cakes: All the recipes your grandparents used to bake, including salty-sweet Honey Spice Beer Cake, bourbon-filled Lan...more
Published July 1st 2010 by Quirk Books (first published May 19th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Booze Cakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Booze Cakes

CJ - Drop Dead Cute
I don't know how easy any of these are but I'm a fairly competent baker so I'm looking forward to the recipes in here - especially the rum and coke whoopie pies, pina colada cake, mint julep cupcakes and the punch drunk cake.

oh heck yeah.
Kelly O'Dowd
HELLO BOOZE AND CAKES???!!!!!

Every recipe in here is fabulous. All my baking friend must get this.
Whitaker
A really great book shows us how everything is great and worth to die for
Victoria
I'm one of those people that reads a good cookbook front to back when I get it, to familiarize myself with all the recipies. I liked this book a lot because it has a lot of interesting recipes with many variations of both general ingredients and alcohols. Looking forward to the tres leches cake and the rum cake, which I've always wanted to try making. The explanations are to the point and fairly simple and most recipes have a picture to go with them. (Kindle edition.) Very excited and pleased wi...more
Erin
If the title of this book doesn't cause you to raise an eyebrow or laugh out loud, then this is not a cookbook for you. On the other hand if you are curious about what could possibly be inside, this is one of the funniest and most interesting cookbooks I have seen in a while. The receipes seem pretty easy and everything is made from scratch. Each one gives you some variations and other ideas. Also, the icons to tell you about each reciepe are adorable. I love to look at cookbooks and I have to s...more
Julie
I like the concept but the execution is not so good. We tried the following recipes: English Trifle - the Buttermilk Brandy Shortcakes were a disappointment, Pink Champagne Cake - 50% of tasters liked it, Strawberry Daiquiri Shortcakes - Strawberry Mascarpone Fluff was delicious, the Strawberry Shortcakes however lacked taste & were soggy, probably due to the inclusion of fresh strawberries in the shortcake batter. We noticed that each dessert tasted much better if eaten the day after it was...more
Maria Jaqua
I made the Mexican Chocolate Cake with the Tequila Caramel Sauce, and it was really good. Most of the alcohol isn't in the cake itself, but in the sauce, which is smart because the alcohol would be cooked out of the cake and it wouldn't be alcoholic if you ate it. I want to try to make the Pink Champagne cake sometime.
Jessica
May 05, 2012 Jessica rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Alcoholics
Lots of great recipes and information regarding boozy confections. I plan on making:

*Green Tea and Banana Cake with Sake Syrup
*Bottoms Up Pineapple Tequila Cake
*Pumpkin Pomegranate Layer Cake
*Jagermeister and Honey Bundt Cake
*Champagne Layer Cake
Gina
I have yet to make anything from this, but it was so fun to read that I have decided I must own it. I plan on making the Mudslide Cake for my mother's birthday in November (plain, booze-free cupcakes will be provided for her multitudes of grandchildren!).
Mandy  Hornsby
Posted my experience with the "Pink Champaign Cake" recipe at...

I have really enjoyed this cookbook. It is a combination of traditional and nontraditional cakes with spirits.
Rena
Interesting ideas. I have many family and friends that enjoy booze, and this is a great way to sneak in my love for baking at any gatherings. I really liked the way the cakes were rated as far as how much booze remains in desserts after cooking.
Crystal
I can't wait to make some of these cakes. Most of them sounded and looked so good!

Update: I made the Peachy Keen Fuzzy Navel Cupcakes. Boy were they addicting! The sauce is really what pulled the cupcake together. So good!
Kathrina
Yum. My sweet, wonderful boyfriend presented me with the Mudslide Cake on my birthday -- delicious chocolate, homemade caramel, whipped cream and Bailey's. Looking forward to baking and boozing all the way through this one...
Amy
This is a fabulous cookbook! I copies several creations that I would love to try! There are also recipes for things like a "Death by Chocolate" cocktail, spiked whipped cream, flavored vodka, flavored sugar and much much more!
Becky Koski
Delicious, full of SO many good ideas, even charts that tell you how much booze is left in after baking and a booze-meter smiley face system to tell you how alcoholic each cake is. What's NOT to love?
Molly
Really good sounding recipes in here- might change the review once I make one or two, but for now, I'm excited to try them out. Rosemary limoncello- how fancy does that sound?
Lesley
Made the pina colada cake last night... so good! Love all the modifications for each recipe providing tons of options. There is something for everyone in here.
Karen Tompert
Made a couple of things from this for our bus trip to New Jersey and they seemed to go over well. Lots of great sounding treats in here.
Ann
Fun cookbook but portions were inaccurate.
Shelly
Cake and booze. What more can I say?
Aug 24, 2010 Jennifer marked it as to-read
Shelves: food
8/26/2010 : No index?!?
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Autumn
Autumn added it
Sep 07, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Crazy About Cupcakes A World of Cake: 150 Recipes for Sweet Traditions from Cultures Near and Far; Honey cakes to flat cakes, fritters to chiffons, tartes to tortes, meringues to mooncakes, fruit cakes to spice cakes Pops!: Icy Treats for Everyone Crazy About Cookies: 300 Scrumptious Recipes for Every Occasion & Craving Discovering Nature's Alphabet