Start by marking “The Thieves Of Faith (Michael St. Pierre, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Thieves Of Faith (Michael St. Pierre, #2)

The Thieves Of Faith (Michael St. Pierre #2)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  229 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Beneath the Kremlin lies a shocking ancient truth.
And it’s about to be stolen.…

Since the times of Ivan the Terrible, generations of Russian leaders have turned the Kremlin into a fortress within a fortress, stocking its labyrinthine underground with secret vaults, elegant chambers, and priceless treasures. Now a master thief has the ultimate motivation to stage an assault
Published December 26th 2007 by Dell (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Thieves Of Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thieves Of Faith

Colin
Not a bad story. I find myself reading these book equivalent of summer movie blockbusters more often lately - mainly because a friend of mine gave me a stack of books that she is done with. This type of story - lots of chases, mysteries to be solved, hard-nosed bad guys and harder-nosed good guys, nick of time escapes, etc - aren't my usual fare, but I do enjoy them when I read one. Thieves of Faith is a good one, very enjoyable. *Spoiler* I like the fact that, as opposed to many other similar b ...more
Judi
This is the 2nd in the series featuring Michael St Pierre.
You gotta love this thief who is always one step ahead of everyone else.

Again, another one that I could not put down until I read the very last sentence..I will say I was really happy on this one that it ended the way it should!

Michael has been left a note from his wife Mary, to find his parents.
Michael was given up for adoption but never wanted to find his parents as his adopted parents were all he needed..But Mary's last wish is that he
Blood Rose Books
You do not read the first book within this series Thieves of Heaven as this book does do a great job in filling most of the back story. However, Thieves of Heaven is a fantastic read and I think you should read it just for that basis.

Richard Doetsch brings Michael St. Pierre who is given an assignment of impossible proportion, breaking into the Kremlin:

Michael St. Pierre was a master thief who has been trying to stay in retirement and recover from the death of his wife, but Michael is about t
Tony
Phenomenal follow-up to his first book The Thieves of Heaven. This time, Michael St. Pierre has to infiltrate a secret treasure trove under the Kremlin in order to save the life of the father who abandoned him at birth. Again, well-written and exciting. And I think I may have enjoyed this more than the first. If you like the Dan Brown books, you will enjoy these.
Dad
Rachel did it good on this one. I love the complicated scenarios and botched jobs that suddenly turn out OK. The relationship between Michael and Susan evolves with trust and through the struggles they went through. They realized that the other was of substantial material also. The switches that Michael puts everyone through keep the story going.
Lewis Weinstein
Rapid unrelenting action with many 'players.' An international thriller set in New York, Moscow and Corsica. Not entirely believable but so what.
Fiera78
Great book. If I would chose for my leaving examination Russian I will have great information about Kreml for that examination.
Michelle
should be a movie!
Speesh
The Thieves of Faith really is just not good enough. It's not entirely in dreadful Clive Kussler territory, but in the foothills of such absurdity, that's for sure.

The story is something or other to do with breaking into The Kremlin after some golden box with something in it, or maybe with nothing in it, to help save some woman who may or may not be dead. Mostly.

The villains are 100% bad, but with, of course, what the author is obviously convinced is absolutely impeccable taste and the illicitly
Gina
Before I write this review let me just say that I stalled about a quarter of the way through this book.

With that said, I don't think the book was the reason I stalled.

Once I picked it back up it was a non-stop page turner.

I ended up really liking it.

Very fast paced and action packed. The only drawback was that now I need to go read the first one in this series (although, I didn't know it was a 2nd book, you can easily read this without reading the first.)
Tyler
This book is a novel in the style of Davinci Code, just without the great writing and only mediocre plot twists. Journey to an underground world beneath the Kremlin in order to stop a madman from acquiring a sacred ancient relic. There were a few typos and at times I felt like the author put chapters in just to fill pages. An easy read, but not a great one by any means.
Megan
The Thieves of Heaven was a much better book than this one, however this was still an excellent read. Doetsch's novel reads like an awesomely bad action movie; I don't think he's completely honed his writing skills yet, but it's still very entertaining. It doesn't really pick up until the second half, but from that moment on you will not be able to put it down.
Phil Deschler
May 13, 2012 Phil Deschler rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Phil by: Wife
Excellent thriller with plenty of twists and turns. The story takes you around the world with excitement at every turn of the page. From America to Russia, then under the Kremlin and a flight away for Russia to Corsica. There was danger and death at every turn.
Bella Richardson
The story line is ok....a bit unbelievable, of course. The back history of Russia and the Kremlin is cool. Quick read, with a blockbuster feel. I enjoy books like this that are entertaining, that just make me think a little.
Lbd
A page turner, and although some cliché points, still a very good read! First book is not available, didn't appear to have any references to precluded understanding this one. Looking forward to the next one!
Nikki
It took me awhile to get through this because of my schedule, but oh my goodness! The end was a little far-fetched, but overall I absolutely loved it! I'm hoping for a sequel to this sequel!
Just like Thieves of Heaven, I could not put this book down. Michael, Busch & Simon are beginning to feel like old friends. I look forward to reading Thieves of Darkness.
Tom
A thriller written in the Ludlum style. A good story, but too many twists and "gotchas." By the end of the story, I was too tired to say it was enjoyable.
Amos
Oct 23, 2009 Amos marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
found this hard to get into. have put it on the bottom of the stack to read, may dispose of it instead. 10/09
Tammy
The characters have nine lives, I swear. It was a good story, just way too long.
Brandifer
Couldn't even get halfway through. Ugh. Too bad, because the premise is cool.
Shane Stafslien
Another stellar story from Mr. Doetsch, now onto The Thieves of Darkness!
Brenda
Very good, but a little too long.
Donna
I am reading this one as an ebook!
Lee Ann
Nov 23, 2011 Lee Ann marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, i-ll-get-to-it
Kelle
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Mileena Alexandra
Mileena Alexandra marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Collin
Collin is currently reading it
Apr 05, 2015
  • Echo Of The Reich (Chris Bronson, #5)
  • The Gilded Seal (Tom Kirk, #3)
  • On the Fifth Day
  • The Price Of Blood (Phil Broker, #1)
  • Ice Reich
  • Battle for Atlantis (Atlantis, #6)
  • The Sacred Blood
  • The Tiger Warrior (Jack Howard, #4)
  • The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure, #3)
  • The Eden Prophecy (Hawker & Laidlaw, #3)
  • Michelangelo's Notebook (Finn Ryan, #1)
  • 616. Todo Es Infierno
  • The Vault (Tyler Locke, #2)
  • Crucified  (Special X, #13)
  • River Of Ruin (Philip Mercer, #5)
  • The God's Wife
  • Turncoat
  • The Lure
The Thieves of Legend arrives November 27th.

Early Praise:
"The Thieves of Legend stole my breath with the sheer audacity of its storytelling, proving yet again that this series gets better with every installment. Bold, richly told, and rollicking with adventure, here is a thriller that demands to be read in one tension-wrought sitting. Count me a fan for life!"
James Rollins, New York Times Bests
More about Richard Doetsch...

Michael St. Pierre (4 books)
  • The Thieves Of Heaven
  • The Thieves Of Darkness (Michael St. Pierre, #3)
  • The Thieves Of Legend (Michael St. Pierre, #4)
The 13th Hour The Thieves Of Heaven The Thieves Of Darkness (Michael St. Pierre, #3) Half-Past Dawn: A Thriller The Thieves Of Legend (Michael St. Pierre, #4)