Start by marking “Masters of the Art: A Fighting Marine's Memoir of Vietnam” as Want to Read:
Masters of the Art: A Fighting Marine's Memoir of Vietnam

Masters of the Art: A Fighting Marine's Memoir of Vietnam

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  2 reviews
No punches are pulled in this gripping account of Vietnam combat through the eyes of a highly decorated Marine helicopter crewman and door gunner with more than three hundred missions under his belt.

In 1968, U.S. Marine Ronald Winter flew some of the toughest missions of the Vietnam War, from the DMZ grasslands to the jungles near Laos and the deadly A Shau Valley, where t
Published December 18th 2007 by Presidio Press

To ask other readers questions about Masters of the Art, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Masters of the Art

Wally Beddoe
On Memorial Day Monday, I was flying back to JFK from a West Coast trip and was looking forward to finishing up a book I’d been reading. The Author, Ron Winter, is a member of the USMC Combat Helicopter Association, of which I have been the webmaster since around 1997. Ron sent me the book a while back and it was added to my stack of books I wanted to read. “Masters of the Art: A Fighting Marine’s Memoir of Vietnam” was well worth the wait and anticipation.

Ron opens the book with his detailed st
Well told story of a Marine door gunner/electrification during the Vietnam conflict. Dealing with after the war both the memories and the cruel treatment of fellow Americans at the end of his tale was the most moving to me.

It blew his mind that we would abandon South Vietnam, our allies, the way we did and then tens of thousands of South Vietnamese would be murdered and/or sent to re-education camps by the communists after we fled the country so many Americans died to keep free. The people in Am
Franc Schiphorst
Franc Schiphorst marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014