Fallen Angel Omnibus, Volume 0

Fallen Angel Omnibus, Volume 0 (Fallen Angel Omnibus)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The complete original run of Fallen Angel, created by Peter David and David Lopez, is collected in this massive omnibus! Collecting issues #1-21, experience the first chapters of this tale chronicling the sordid, shadowy world of Bete Noire, and its most recent inhabitant and apparent protector - Liandra, the Fallen Angel.
Published July 6th 2010 by IDW Publishing (first published June 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Fallen Angel Omnibus, Volume 0, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fallen Angel Omnibus, Volume 0

Elizabeth
Sexy, funny, dark and fun, this is an start to a series. I just enjoyed it so much. The basic plot of it is that there is a city called Bete Noire, which seems to be a symbolic microcosm of the world in the same tradition of the Dark Tower and the rose in King's Dark Tower series. It is alternatively referred to as Hell and Enoch (the Biblical city founded by the first son of Cain). Either way, what goes on there effects larger movements in the outside world. There is The Hierarchy who are a con...more
Matthew
It's funny how you remember things differently. I read several issues of DC's Fallen Angel as well as the sequel-series from IDW. Either I got the few mixed up, or I found a lot more of the appealing factors of the IDW series in these early issues back then than I do now. (The psuedo-catholic film noir-esque fantasy, the mysterious metaphysical nature of a city that seems to be on The Earth and yet not on The Earth at the same time always changing its landscape in an instant and regarded by the...more
Jdetrick
A very fine noir type thriller. Not really a superhero story, but one with issues of fantasy in it. I love the cast and think the story is very well done.
Emily
I didn't know what to expect from this; actually, I picked it up because a later mini includes a character from Angel (of Angel/Buffy) but I wanted to start from the beginning. I enjoyed it. The characters are never quite what you think, particularly "Lee" herself. I would like to know where the "Fallen Angel" personae came from; that's one story not covered (only hinted at) in this collection.
Gregory
I enjoyed this book. When I first heard about Fallen Angel, I had fallen asleep on this series. Now that I have finished reading the omnibus, I see what the buzz is about. This isn't your typical superhero series. Too bad that it didn't recieve the recognition that it deserved. I am looking forward to the next volume from IDW that continues the series where DC had left off.
Michael
Some solid writing and art here, but the pacing is a little too slow and the moral dilemmas not quite as developed as I'd've liked. David Lopez's art serves the story effectively, but shows some storytelling hiccups and isn't particularly striking.
Emerald Stacy
Emerald Stacy marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Lou
Lou marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Fritz
Fritz marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Dovile
Dovile marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2013
Eric added it
Feb 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
aka David Peters

Peter Allen David (often abbreviated PAD) is an American writer, best known for his work in comic books and Star Trek novels. David often jokingly describes his occupation as "Writer of Stuff". David is noted for his prolific writing, characterized by its mingling of real world issues with humor and references to popular culture. He also uses metafiction frequently, usually to humo...more
More about Peter David...
Imzadi (Star Trek the Next Generation) Q-Squared Q-In-Law (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #18) X-Factor: The Longest Night Vendetta (Star Trek: The Next Generation)