Vampire's Tango

Vampire's Tango (Wicked Games #2.2)

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  158 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Length -- 1 hour 24 minutes

Audiobook, Unabridged - Audible Edition , 1 page
Published March 2010 by Harlequin Enterprises, Ltd. (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire's Tango, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire's Tango

Viohlet
God what a hunk of shit. This made absolutely no sense. It was like a bad fanfiction written by an unimaginative 12 year old. It was just so bad. It was so fast paced, that the romance and relationship wasn't believable at all, and the characters were weak, lame, and dumb. That's the only way to describe them. An honestly, I thought we were past this whole, 'one bite from a vampire and you will become one too' thing. How are they supposed to feed if this is the case? God.

The writing was stilted...more
~Vixhen~
Free download from Audible. My first audible book, and I really enjoyed it. It was very soothing to "listen" to a book. I would have preferred to have a male read the male dialogue, however. The story was good - the characters believable. I really enjoyed the fact that they were dancing the Tango, which IMO is the sexiest dance of all! I just may check out other Michele Hauf books.
Jane Doe
I listened to this story and the fake male French accent the narrator use was awful. Overall, didn't really enjoy the relationship between the characters, I do think if I had read this story I probably would have given it more stars, only because of the discriptions the author used about the dances, however, with the narrators voice I just wanted it to be finished.
Bookwatcher
Plot from audiobook version of this novel (ebook plot is missing)

Vampire Alexandre Renard never met a more intriguing woman than Veronica Marshall. He waited for weeks for the mysterious woman to make her move...and wasn't disappointed when they shared a seductive dance at a Paris tango club. Their passion made him want to savor their embrace forever--even though he knew that Veronica was a slayer waiting for her chance to destroy him....

Faced with an early death, Veronica became a vampire hunte
Kathy
Alexandre - vampire for 100 years - traveled to Paris to put his past behind him (a loved wife, brutally murdered - his own, unrequested conversion)... Veronica - disease that will kill her within the year - trained as a slayer, to do some good before she dies - Alexandre is her target...

and the share a tango... wonderfully verbal description of this physical duet... and the 2nd night, he follows her, rescues her from 2 vampires (killing one), takes her home - they make love... she tries to stak...more
 * Kazzy * -aka Stryker-
A bit disappointed with this one I'm afraid. This was the story of Alexandre and his love, however I found the storyline a bit 'limp' and without any plot or proper direction, and really just went on about them dancing tango all the time! The reader does get to find out a bit about Alex's history, which helps fill in some gaps in the series overall, but otherwise not that great!

It's a quick read, and a break filler if you have nothing much else to do, and if you have read other episodes in the...more
Vicci
This books/audiobook lightly scratches the surface of the intense sexual aspects the storyline I believe was intending to convey. While there is heat between the to main characters, it falls just a little short of the intensity I was expecting. Ms. Hauf does an exceptional job of conveying the nuances of the Tango and the sexual connotations that the dance invokes in its dancers.
Miranda
Mini Review: The language of the dance is carried throughout the story, a very nice integration of literary grace as well as an interesting twist on the basic elements within all paranormal romances.

Visit me at Sweet Vernal Zephyr for my LONG review and some eye candy.
Heather
This was a free download from Audible.com, I assume as a way to entice readers to purchase the rest of the books in the series. Frankly, I didn't enjoy the manner in which the book was read, and the story was a sad romp in the vampire sack sandwiched by an over-wrought and predictable plot. I like my vampires with cahones, please.
Lauren
For such a short story, this is pretty good. Alexandre and Veronica are believeable characters and i liked listening to their story and hearing how it unfolded. And their love story while short was warm and sexy. My only complaint is the narrator mangles Alexandre's French accent. I'll keep my eye out for other Michele Hauf books.
Katriena Knights
Not a terrible read by any means. The recurring theme of the tango rhythm was intriguing. The characters seemed inconsistent to me, though, and I never quite felt like I got a good sense of who they were.
Kat
Jun 21, 2010 Kat rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
Free, short, and tolerable, which is more than the first 30 minutes lead me to believe it would be.
Tina
Very short! Did not love it.
Leonie Burlace
Leonie Burlace marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Caydenspia
Caydenspia marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Nicole Heffernan
Nicole Heffernan marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Cary
Cary marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Susanne Fjeldstad
Susanne Fjeldstad marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Breanne
Breanne marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Good Reader
Good Reader marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Tanya Soderholm
Tanya Soderholm marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Swapna Patil
Swapna Patil marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
  • A Vampire's Vindication  (Vampire, #3)
  • Dance Of The Wolf (The Pack #8)
  • The Shadow Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #9)
  • Warrior Rising (The Esri #4)
  • Blood Secrets (Valorian Chronicles #1)
  • Alaskan Wolf (Alpha Force #1)
  • Dream Stalker (The Tracker #1)
  • Darkness Calls (The Calling, #1)
  • Guardian's Keep (Unbound #2)
  • Dark Truth (Warriors for the Light #2)
  • Poisoned Kisses (Mythica #3)
  • Stranded!
  • Scions: Revelation (Scions #3)
  • The Indiscretion
  • Vampire Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #3)
Michele has been writing romance, action-adventure and fantasy stories for over fifteen years. Her first published novel was DARK RAPTURE.

France, musketeers, vampires and faeries populate her stories. And if she followed the adage 'write what you know', all her stories would have snow in them. Fortunately, she steps beyond her comfort zone and writes about countries she has never visited and of cr...more
More about Michele Hauf...
Kiss Me Deadly (Bewitch the Dark #2) Her Vampire Husband (Wicked Games, #3) The Devil To Pay (Bewitch the Dark #4) Forever Vampire Seducing the Vampire