Start by marking “Official Guide to Colonial Williamsburg” as Want to Read:
Official Guide to Colonial Williamsburg

Official Guide to Colonial Williamsburg

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  6 reviews
This extensive guide to Colonial Williamsburg's Historic Area and surroundings contains more than one hundred color photographs of the activities and attractions available in Virginia's restored colonial capital. Color-coded maps identify things to see and do and locate places to shop and dine. Building-by-building drawings help people tour easily. Short biographies about ...more
Published July 1st 1985 by Colonial Williamsburg Foundation (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Official Guide to Colonial Williamsburg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Official Guide to Colonial Williamsburg

Amy
I ordered this book because we're going to Williamsburg in a couple of weeks. I know there are a lot of things to see and do there, and I wanted a guide so that we don't lose a lot of time getting our bearings once we're there.

This book is produced by the Colonial Williamsburg foundation and it's incredible. It has many photographs and an illustration of every building in Colonial Williamsburg with a couple of paragraphs on the history of the building and what you can see and do there now as wel
Chris
Although I finished this book many years ago, when I browsed through it, after buying it as a souvenier as a young-child(thanks to my parents), I decided to re-read it over this past late-summer(and boy did I miss a lot during that time). Although it's not as good as most books would be on informative tidbits, this book does do a good job at describing some of the information on each house in an organized fashion, and what is contained within each house at Colonial Williamsburg.
Tanya
I purchased this book in preparation for my trip to Colonial Williamsburg, and while I enjoyed the historical background information beforehand, I felt this volume was difficult to use as a guide while on site. The organization just didn't work well for me. Still, I don't know that there is a better Williamsburg travel guide option out there, and this was certainly better than nothing!
Monica
I rarely use these guides when I'm in the location unless I have a lot of time. Mostly they are souvenirs I expect to read someday when I get home and I'm not traveling. I don't often read them at home but the urge is there and I'll probably read them more as I age and travel less.
Kelli
I love thinks like this. I have been to Williamsburg at least 3 times and love it every time. Its nice to have a companion book that has the best pictures and information tied to it.
Lafcadio
Jan 27, 2008 Lafcadio rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Michaele
Recommended to Lafcadio by: Nancy
Shelves: window, doom, map
It's been a while. I'd like to go back...
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Susie
Susie marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Leanna
Leanna marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Donna Crawford
Donna Crawford marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Deniz
Deniz added it
Jan 22, 2015
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Colonial Williamsburg Tavern Cookbook Jamestown, Williamsburg, Yorktown: The Official Guide to Americas Historic Triangle Recipes from the Raleigh Tavern Bake Shop Witches and Ghosts, Pirates and Thieves, Murder and Mayhem: Scary Tales from Colonial Williamsburg Williamsburg: Decorating with Style