Start by marking “Shift: How Top Real Estate Agents Tackle Tough Times (Paperback): How Top Real Estate Agents Tackle Tough Times (Paperback)” as Want to Read:

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  143 ratings  ·  19 reviews
"NEW YORK TIMES" BESTSELLER "WALL STREET JOURNAL" BUSINESS BESTSELLER

"USA TODAY" MONEY BESTSELLER

"Tough times make or break people. My friend Gary teaches you how to make the tragic into magic. Read & reap from this great book." --Mark Victor Hansen, Co-creator, #1 New York Times best selling series Chicken Soup for the Soul Co-author, "Cracking the Millionaire Code, T
Published September 2nd 2008 by McGraw-Hill (first published August 12th 2008)

Darren Kittleson
12 tactics for our new real estate market is great. There's no way an agent can't be successful in today's real estate markets if they read and implement the ideas shared in this book.
Jane
This was a great book to read at the start of the new year when it is time to get back into good business habits to have a successful year. Whilst for the past year we appear to be shifting into a better market for business, the advice in this book was useful nonetheless. In it Keller sets out 12 tactics in detail to move an agent’s real estate business forward especially in tough times. The only criticism I have is that is an American book and so some things are not familiar in the Canadian mar ...more
Douglas
So far an excellent, excellent book on what a real estate broker should do during a downturn. Complete with scripts and things to focus on, this is my favorite of the 3 books by Gary Keller that I have read.

I will re-read or complete the millionaire real estate agent after I complete reading this book.

It is the best book on real estate sales that I have read so far this year. A must for any broker to read.
Ozzie Jurock
Excellent book.

If you are a Realtor or in any kind of real estate investment environment you will enjoy this book.

I like Gary Keller. I knew him when he started the Keller-Williams franchise.

He is a brain and a thinker.

The book gives 12 things to do...some of the you know, some may surprise you
Danny T
Absolutely essential tactics for the real estate professional, whether in the shifting market, or any time. These tactics make you more efficient, more purposeful, and more professional. These tactics can be applied to most sales jobs, and many other lead based businesses. Organized, compelling, and well-written.
Yodamom
A motivator for anyone feeling the dip in their pocketbooks or their motivation. It is mostly filled with common sense knowledge, with inspirational stories. I found it left me feeling positive at a time with everyone is negative. Not just for Realtors, could carry over into any one is sales.
Michael Fournier
This book could have been reduced to just a couple chapters and never lose any content. Could he possibly repeat himself any more without ever saying anything of substance? Skip it, all hype.
Larry Chaves
Great book. "If you want to have fewer problems I suggest you learn to become comfortable with being uncomfortable. Learn to shift." ~Gary Keller
Shawn
This book title should be, "Common sense ways to kick ass in real estate, even if other agents are sucking mud." Changed my career.
Jonathan Fleming
Great book for agents, he always writes very well structured and realistic approaches to real estate strategies!
Anotherme
Even though this book is geared for real estate - there were many great principles that I applied to my business.
Judy
Don't miss reading this. Real estate markets are up and down and you have to know what you are doing!
Pj Stratford
Every real estate agent in the country should read this book.. and business people in all industries.
Sue Chappell
Sep 23, 2010 Sue Chappell is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Very good common sense strategies. Heard most of it before, but great reminders!
Ann Marie
Great book! A quick easy read! A must for all Real Estate agents.
Marci
A must-read for anyone in the real estate industry today!
when you've finished reading this, read it 3 more times.
Kristal
Sep 25, 2008 Kristal is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: work-reading
It's actually not that bad. Still only half way through it.
Martha
Jul 07, 2009 Martha added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All real estate agents and any indipendent contractor or small business
Hard work along with financial responsibility is the answer to success in any market
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Tayyaba
Tayyaba marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Koretta
Koretta marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Siddhant Sangal
Siddhant Sangal marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Aubrey
Aubrey marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Tommy
Tommy marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Real Book of Real Estate: Real Experts. Real Stories. Real Life.
  • What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know about Cash Flow... And 36 Other Key Financial Measures
  • The (7L) The Seven Levels of Communication: Go From Relationships to Referrals
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • The Art of Closing the Sale: The Key to Making More Money Faster in the World of Professional Selling
  • How to Master the Art of Selling
  • A World Restored: Metternich, Castlereagh and the Problems of Peace, 1812-1822
  • Real Estate Investing For Dummies
  • Go-Givers Sell More
  • Power Questions - Build Relationships, Win New Business and Influence Others
  • Negotiation Genius: How to Overcome Obstacles and Achieve Brilliant Results at the Bargaining Table and Beyond
  • The Third Industrial Revolution: How Lateral Power Is Transforming Energy, the Economy, and the World
  • Little Teal Book of Trust: How to Earn It, Grow It, and Keep It to Become a Trusted Advisor in Sales, Business and Life
  • Trump Strategies for Real Estate: Billionaire Lessons for the Small Investor
  • Aftershock: Protect Yourself and Profit in the Next Global Financial Meltdown
  • Call Me Ted
  • Morgan: American Financier
  • The Laws of Lifetime Growth: Always Make Your Future Bigger Than Your Past
Professionally, Gary’s ONE Thing is teaching. He excelled as a real estate salesperson by teaching clients how to make great buying and selling decisions. As a real estate sales manager, he recruited agents through training and helped them build careers the same way. As co-founder and chairman of the board, he built Keller Williams Realty International from a single office in Austin, Texas, to one ...more
More about Gary Keller...
The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results The Millionaire Real Estate Agent The Millionaire Real Estate Investor: Anyone Can Do It--Not Everyone Will Your First Home: A Keller Williams Guide Green Your Home: A Keller Williams Guide