Start by marking “Shift: How Top Real Estate Agents Tackle Tough Times (Paperback): How Top Real Estate Agents Tackle Tough Times (Paperback)” as Want to Read:

"Tough times make or break people. My friend Gary teaches you how to make the tragic into magic. Read & reap from this great book." --Mark Victor Hansen, Co-creator, #1 New York Times best selling series Chicken Soup for the Soul Co-author, "Cracking the Millionaire Code, T
Published July 31st 2008 by McGraw-Hill Education

Darren Kittleson
12 tactics for our new real estate market is great. There's no way an agent can't be successful in today's real estate markets if they read and implement the ideas shared in this book.
Jan 27, 2015 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Across North America, many real estate agents tout the quality of the information in SHIFT, and for good reason. It is within the pages of Keller's book you find his description of what the market shift is and what your personal shift is to react to it. Keller outlines the cyclic market shifts and presents the 12 tactics you can use to negotiate your way through the turmoil. Keller's thesis is that as real estate agents, it is important to manage your behaviour in the sales trough while waiting ...more
Jan 23, 2013 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book to read at the start of the new year when it is time to get back into good business habits to have a successful year. Whilst for the past year we appear to be shifting into a better market for business, the advice in this book was useful nonetheless. In it Keller sets out 12 tactics in detail to move an agent’s real estate business forward especially in tough times. The only criticism I have is that is an American book and so some things are not familiar in the Canadian mar ...more
So far an excellent, excellent book on what a real estate broker should do during a downturn. Complete with scripts and things to focus on, this is my favorite of the 3 books by Gary Keller that I have read.

I will re-read or complete the millionaire real estate agent after I complete reading this book.

It is the best book on real estate sales that I have read so far this year. A must for any broker to read.
Ozzie Jurock
Excellent book.

If you are a Realtor or in any kind of real estate investment environment you will enjoy this book.

I like Gary Keller. I knew him when he started the Keller-Williams franchise.

He is a brain and a thinker.

The book gives 12 things to do...some of the you know, some may surprise you
Danny T
Mar 26, 2012 Danny T rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely essential tactics for the real estate professional, whether in the shifting market, or any time. These tactics make you more efficient, more purposeful, and more professional. These tactics can be applied to most sales jobs, and many other lead based businesses. Organized, compelling, and well-written.
May 19, 2011 Yodamom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A motivator for anyone feeling the dip in their pocketbooks or their motivation. It is mostly filled with common sense knowledge, with inspirational stories. I found it left me feeling positive at a time with everyone is negative. Not just for Realtors, could carry over into any one is sales.
Josh Shelton
Read for the second time, once on kindle and once through audio. Some good stuff here. Great compliment to Mrea
Jun 03, 2010 Shawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book title should be, "Common sense ways to kick ass in real estate, even if other agents are sucking mud." Changed my career.
Jun 11, 2012 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't miss reading this. Real estate markets are up and down and you have to know what you are doing!
Philip Elliott
Flitted through the book, some good general business principals, but targetting real estate agents in shifting markets(mostly downward).
Larry Chaves
May 22, 2013 Larry Chaves rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. "If you want to have fewer problems I suggest you learn to become comfortable with being uncomfortable. Learn to shift." ~Gary Keller
Jonathan Fleming
Aug 23, 2009 Jonathan Fleming rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book for agents, he always writes very well structured and realistic approaches to real estate strategies!
Pj Stratford
Every real estate agent in the country should read this book.. and business people in all industries.
Jul 31, 2009 Anotherme rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even though this book is geared for real estate - there were many great principles that I applied to my business.
Michael Fournier
This book could have been reduced to just a couple chapters and never lose any content. Could he possibly repeat himself any more without ever saying anything of substance? Skip it, all hype.
Paige rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2009
Kelli rated it it was ok
May 30, 2009
Winona rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2015
Kelly Leggett
Kelly Leggett rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2009
Dustin Moore
Dustin Moore rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2012
Joanne rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2012
Ashley rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2009
C.j. rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2012
Steve Glynn
Steve Glynn rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2014
Ryan rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2016
Yishi Garrard
Yishi Garrard rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
Stephanie Ballou
Stephanie Ballou rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2010
Sue Chappell
Sep 23, 2010 Sue Chappell is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Very good common sense strategies. Heard most of it before, but great reminders!
Mike Layton
Mike Layton rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Mastering the Art of Selling Real Estate
  • Flip: How to Find, Fix, and Sell Houses for Profit
  • The Real Book of Real Estate: Real Experts. Real Stories. Real Life.
  • Hold: How to Find, Buy, and Keep Real Estate Properties to Grow Wealth
  • The (7L) The Seven Levels of Communication: Go From Relationships to Referrals
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: The Advanced Guide to Real Estate Investing: How to Identify the Hottest Markets and Secure the Best Deals
  • Sell with Soul: Creating an Extraordinary Career in Real Estate without Losing Your Friends, Your Principles or Your Self-Respect
  • Trump: The Best Real Estate Advice I Ever Received: 100 Top Experts Share Their Strategies
  • Trump University Real Estate 101: Building Wealth with Real Estate Investments
  • 2 Years to a Million in Real Estate
  • What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know about Cash Flow... And 36 Other Key Financial Measures
  • Little Teal Book of Trust: How to Earn It, Grow It, and Keep It to Become a Trusted Advisor in Sales, Business and Life
  • Crunch Point: The 21 Secrets to Succeeding When It Matters Most
  • Andy Grove: The Life and Times of an American
  • Warren Buffett's Three Favorite Books
  • A World Restored: Metternich, Castlereagh and the Problems of Peace, 1812-1822
  • The Automatic Millionaire Homeowner: A Powerful Plan to Finish Rich in Real Estate
  • Real Estate Investing For Dummies
Professionally, Gary’s ONE Thing is teaching. He excelled as a real estate salesperson by teaching clients how to make great buying and selling decisions. As a real estate sales manager, he recruited agents through training and helped them build careers the same way. As co-founder and chairman of the board, he built Keller Williams Realty International from a single office in Austin, Texas, to one ...more
More about Gary Keller...

“The respect you show those who are no longer with you builds respect with those who are.” 0 likes
“calendar” 0 likes