Start by marking “Renaissance Man” as Want to Read:
Renaissance Man

Renaissance Man

3.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  81 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Rare book dealer Alina Corey decided to live like the heroine of her favorite Renaissance book, presiding over a court of glittering literati, a witty distance from love. It worked - until Jared Troy, a combative history scholar she knew only through his letters, suddenly appeared in the flesh, challenging her to a passion as grand as her dreams.

Jared's powers of persuasio
Published 1983 by Silhouette Desire (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Renaissance Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Renaissance Man

Lisa
Dec 02, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, which surprised me a bit. The copy I have came in an anthology with Velvet Touch, which I did not like. Usually with these JAK compilation books the stories tend to be very similar in tone and writing style. But Renaissance Man had none of the problems that plagued Velvet Touch and I really believed that Alina and Jared were desperately in love with each other at the end.

The premise of the story is that Alina and Jared are both singularly in love with the tale of a co
Sherry
Oct 28, 2008 Sherry rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Murphy
Sep 14, 2014 Murphy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jayne-ann-krentz
I really enjoyed this book. Her characters are always different than expected. I enjoyed all of her 80's books and took them for the era they were in and what was selling. I do wish they were all in Kindle Format!
Farah
Mar 01, 2014 Farah rated it liked it
Shelves: books, grandma-era
I liked it , it started a little slow but got interesting later on. Alina was a pleasant character , she's feisty in an admirable and humorous way , she has a sense of loyalty and confronts her problems head on. Jared was too arrogant and domineering at the beginning but he loosened up nicely later on. The relationship between them was a bit odd but it developed nicely though the mention of Francesco and Battista was a little over done , it shadowed the story a bit as it was supposed to be a lit ...more
ImNobodyWhoRU
Sep 30, 2013 ImNobodyWhoRU rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
When I bought this book I didn't realize it was a republishing of an early Harliquin type book. It is obvious however at page one. It's certainly not up to her current standards of writing. That I can forgive, also the trite phrases I can ignore, but the gratuitous use of the exclamation point was so annoying! It was very other sentence! No one exclaims that much! I found it very distracting! Uggh.
Maria
A 1982 publication of Jayne Ann Krentz, this book was about what I would expect of her writing at that time. The dialogue, plot, and characters are not as deeply developed as in her later works, yet I still re-read these books every other year in spite of the contrived and repetitious dialogue.
Bree
Bree rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2016
robertascott
robertascott rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2016
Marcia
Marcia marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Denise Jones
Denise Jones marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Autumn
Autumn added it
Dec 29, 2015
PSUDST
PSUDST rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Caley
Caley rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2015
Jennifer Rapue
Jennifer Rapue marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Laura added it
Sep 07, 2015
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was ok
Sep 04, 2015
Sapna Isram
Sapna Isram rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2015
Kimberly Ruth Leman
Kimberly Ruth Leman rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2015
Avid
Avid rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2015
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Ron Medlock
Ron Medlock rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2015
L J
L J rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Elaine Mulligan
Elaine Mulligan marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Jayne Ann Castle was born in Borrego Springs, California. Her mother, Alberta Castle, raised her with her two brothers, Stephen and James. In 1970, she obtained a B.A in History at the University of California, Santa Cruz, and later she obtained a Masters degree in Library Science from San Jose State University, where she met Frank Krentz, an engineer. After her graduation, they married and moved ...more
More about Stephanie James...