My Fake Fiancee

My Fake Fiancee (Forbidden Fantasies)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  193 ratings  ·  19 reviews
The Rules of Fake EngagementThe Terms: Caterer Chelsea Hammond will live with insurance broker David Wolfe for three months in order for him to clinch a massive promotion. Newly returned from Paris, Chelsea will use his kitchen for her new catering business.

"Strictly" business...

The Rules:

1. No kissing

2. No kissing unless his boss is watching

3. No touching. Not too much to...more
Published July 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

Anything for You by Sarah MayberryBody Check by Elle KennedyCan't Get Enough by Sarah MayberrySlow Hands by Leslie KellySex, Straight Up (Those Sexy O'Sullivans, #2) by Kathleen O'Reilly
Harlequin Blaze
41st out of 202 books — 136 voters
The Best Laid Plans by Sarah MayberrySlow Hands by Leslie KellyMarrying The Captain by Carla KellyHer Best Friend by Sarah MayberryMarrying The Royal Marine by Carla Kelly
Best of Harlequin - Recently Released
25th out of 53 books — 30 voters

More lists with this book...

Carrie
3.5* Another good HQ series book. I bought this in a kindle bundle when i needed a few shortish books to read. I've been surprisingly pleased with most of the books in the July 2010 HQ Blaze "One Click Buy." While typical in many ways, the characters seemed more real and the dialog more believable than the average romance book. Plus a secondary romance added more variety and interest.
Anna
Surprisingly good. I didn't have high expectations, but just what I needed. Could of course read it during the day and not finishing 5am...
Beckey
David Wolfe works for a company that has strict standards for there employees if they want to excell up the ladder of sucess in the business. Wolfe is known as being a "playboy" but does it undercover & not letting the bosses know. When an opportunity arises that he may get better postition in the company he needs someone to play the role of dolting fiancee to help me with this. Chelsea helps him with this but there is rules that they must follow. But can they really follow those rules?? Fin...more
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Jun 27, 2010 Alexis-Morgan Roark added it
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
Sweet, romantic, and hot! I really liked this book. David and Chelsea are a great couple-one that I wouldn't mind reading more about.

What kept it from being a five for me was the subplot with David's sister. Who cares? I know that sounds bad, but I just couldn't get into it and really didn't care what happened to her.

That sounds so bad, but it's true.

One more thing: The comibination of sex and food was ABSOLUTELY a turn-on for me! I have read other food/sex books that were not as good.
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
Nothing special. Not bad but utterly forgettable. Chelsea Hammond gets talked into playing the part of her best friends brother's fiancee. David Wolfe is a ladies man. Love 'em and leave 'em is his only style. But there's just something about Chelsea's hot lovin' that makes him think twice. Like I said, predictable and forgettable but an easy way to pass the time while you're reading it.
Dawn ♥ romance
Good story that moved right along with humor, steamy scenes, fun secondary romance and a twist near the end. David needs fiancee to make VP at his firm so his sister sets him up with her childhood friend Chelsea who needs a kitchen and place to stay while she starts a catering company.
Nichole
I absolutely loved this read, absolutely! Chelsea and David great together! And the 2nd romance with David's sister Sarah and Mike thrown in didn't bother me on bit. Nomally two romances in one book drives me batty, not this time. Thoroughly pleased.
jvan326
Even though the plot line of this book is far fetched (I mean how many people do you know that met their future spouse by posing as their made up fiancee?? I know exactly 0.) and completely over used in romance genre I enjoyed the book.
Maandoe
4 1/2 stars. childhood crush, faking a relationship, delicious food and gorgeous guy.. what’s not to love about this book? the author also got her inspiration from sabrina (audrey hepburn, bogey, william holden), one of my fave movies.
Deb
The hero stayed clueless about his feelings for too long in this book. I really liked the heroine and felt bad for her. The secondary romance was cute. Funny moments that made me laugh-out-loud, just not a lot of depth to the main romance.
CL (www.loveisastateofmind.net)
I've read a lot of contemporary romances based around the 'fake relationship to fool boss/parents' trope and this one is definitely one of the better ones.
SweetSweeede
Very enjoyable read with lovely characters. Personally, not keen on a third POV in a romance novel, but here it blended nicely and I hardly even noticed it.
Amber
This was a really good read! I found myself chuckling a few times. Definitely recommend this one!
Adele Dubois
Entertaining story. Lots of sexual tension and cute plot.
Colleen
Very sweet. Loved the transformation of David.
What can I say Harlequin all the way!
Andrea Mcculloh
Enjoyable light read
Amber
Cute fast read.
Cathy Gosling-lewis
Cathy Gosling-lewis marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Lawanda Mckenzie
Lawanda Mckenzie marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Desiree Manning
Desiree Manning marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Bhet
Bhet marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
  • Witness Seduction
  • One Man Rush (Double Overtime, #1)
  • Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #18)
  • Born on the 4th of July (Includes: Men Out of Uniform, #6.5) (Harlequin Blaze, #549)
  • Sex, Straight Up (Those Sexy O'Sullivans, #2) (Harlequin Blaze, #388)
  • Ambushed! (Sons of Chance, #2)
  • Her Secret Fling (Harlequin Blaze, #517)
  • Sex, Lies and Mistletoe (Undercover Operatives, #1)
  • Hot Target
  • The Rebel
  • Make Your Move (Harlequin Blaze, #542)
  • Ripped!
  • Touch and Go
  • Caught on Camera (Harlequin Blaze #608)
  • Private Confessions (Harlequin Blaze #308)
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
Nancy Warren is the USA Today bestselling author of more than fifty novels.

She’s known for writing funny, sexy and suspenseful tales. She calls Vancouver, Canada home though she tends to wander. She’s an avid hiker, animal lover, wine drinker and chocolate fiend. Favorite moments in her career include being featured on the front page of the New York Times when she launched Harlequin’s NASCAR seri...more
More about Nancy Warren...
Speed Dating (Harlequin NASCAR, #2) Bad Boys On Board (Includes: Watson Brothers, #1) Bad Boys With Expensive Toys Bad Boys Down Under Power Play