Start by marking “Forsaken (The Zagzagel Diaries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forsaken (The Zagzagel Diaries, #1)

Forsaken (The Zagzagel Diaries #1)

An unconventional guardian angel attempts to keep his gay charge from committing suicide, while wrestling with his own personal issues. This is the first in the Zagzagel Diaries series.
Published March 26th 2010 by Untreed Reads

To ask other readers questions about Forsaken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forsaken

Indie Reviews
Review of The Zagzagel Diaries (Stories 1-5):

The Zagzagel Diaries is a beautifully written contemporary fantasy short story series that is part of the Minority/Diversity Voices Collection published by Untreed Reads. The series chronicles the experiences of Zagzagel, the Angel of Wisdom, who develops deep feelings for his human charges thereby putting him in continuous conflict with God, otherwise known as Big Poppa. The author takes a refreshing approach to the writing of these stories and in pa
Elisa Rolle
With a series a short stories, less than 10 pages each, Bryl R. Tyne introduces the reader to a character, the guardian angel Zagzagel who promises to be the source of many more delightful stories. As rightly for a story about angels and lost hopes, there is a tinge of sadness, but luckily that doesn’t turn into a tragedy.

Zag is sent from Big Papa (yes, Him) to save people in need, man, women, whose desire is to love and be loved, but who were not able to find that love in their life. Those peop
CAS
Mar 07, 2011 CAS rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mtt
5 stars Mr. Tyne.. one for each and every time you made me cry. I don't know that I have the words to express the way this story made me feel. You write so eloquently, there is such prose, so many words of wisdom imparted to and for anyone with an open heart, with eyes to see, with ears to listen, really listen to what you are saying through the thoughts, words and actions of this incredible Angel Zagzagel. I am in awe. Really how on earth do you find such incredible words and imagery to express ...more
Debra Martin
Sep 11, 2010 Debra Martin rated it it was amazing
I love to read short stories, but tend to prefer novelettes and novellas. Word counts of 10,000 to 40,000 words gives the author room to unveil a story and introduce the characters with all the plot twists and turns. My own short stories tend to be 10,000-12,500 words and I need all of those words to tell my story. All of this is a preface for my review of “The Zagzagel Diaries: Forsaken.”

Author Bryl R. Tyne unveils a powerful and moving story in only 3200 words; definitely a gift. I was blown
Ebook Addict Reviews
I have had the privilege of reading three of the Zagzagel Diaries by Bryl R. Tyne.

All of the stories are exceptional writing. I loved the way the author pulls you into the stories with all the emotions they are conveying in print. I felt like a voyeur in the corner watching these stories unfold and each character taken life. All three books Denial, Desperate, and Forsaken are excellent reads and are not dependent with one another if you’d rather not read all three. My only wish is that they were
Kathy
Mar 30, 2010 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tyne-bryl, keeper, m-m, ebook
I am really looking forward to more stories from The ZagZagel Diaries. Bryl Tyne is an author whose work I always enjoy; the characters that people Bryl's stories are interesting and people that I can care for; regardless of the length of the story.

Forsaken is very short, 9 pages, but it holds a lot of emotion. It's another of Bryl's books that I bought as soon as I realised it was out... and, as always, it's a real treat.
Alli
Dec 08, 2011 Alli rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-read
Zagzagel Diaries 1-6. Very well written & gripping although no story is more than a tiny sip. I loved Zagzagel's voice - wry, defiant masking deep pain & love. It begs to be developed into a full series.
Steph
Jan 08, 2011 Steph rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Zagzagel Diaries: Forsaken, is a small story, clocking in at a tiny 3237 words according to Smashwords, and is the first in what appears to be a series of shorts by Bryl R. Tyne. Because it is so small it is of course, to most, a quick read, and a good one. However, despite that I feel the story would be better served by combining the shorts into a compilation novel, Tyne manages to make one feel for the characters and want to get to know them so much better.

The story deals with a young gay
A.B. Gayle
Sep 23, 2010 A.B. Gayle rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful and deeply moving story.
The sheer depth of the author's understanding and the vivid depiction of the bleakness in Bret's mind as he stood on the edge of the building was gut wrenching.
Yes, you felt for the young boy rejected by his parents, but you also felt for Zagazagel as a war raged within him whether to interfere or not.
In the end he could no more walk away than anyone could blessed with the ability to stop tragedy.
If only there were more Zagzagel's around. If only there wa
LutaWolf
Aug 10, 2011 LutaWolf rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I think maybe part of my upset is that I saw such great reviews for this from people who generally have the same taste as me. I think perhaps I built it up to high in my head. However for me the book was just to short to really get a feel for anything. I felt like I was pulled in so many directions that I couldn't get a grasps. I liked where it was going though.
Julie
Jun 17, 2011 Julie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Bookbee
3.5 Stars

The writing is lovely but there just isn't enough of it in this very short story.
Lindsay Patton
Aug 28, 2010 Lindsay Patton rated it it was amazing
This book gives you an awesome insight on who Zag is and his views of what he does. Excellent start to what I'm sure will end up being an excellent series.
Untreed Reads
Untreed Reads rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2011
Ozlem
Ozlem rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2016
JW
JW rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2011
Jay
Jay rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2010
Snowtulip
Snowtulip rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2011
Travis
Travis rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2013
Mandy Beyers
Mandy Beyers rated it liked it
May 25, 2011
Jessie
Jessie rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2012
Juli
Juli rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2011
Nichelle Gregory
Nichelle Gregory rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2011
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2014
Captain Franklin
Captain Franklin rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2011
Deanna
Deanna rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2014
Marsha Spence
Marsha Spence rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2011
Lena Grey
Lena Grey rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2010
Ju
Ju rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2014
Untreed Reads: Continued Praise for THE ZAGZAGEL DIARIES 1 1 Sep 27, 2012 02:54PM
Share your Blogs!: FREE READS for Read an Ebook Week 1 4 Mar 03, 2012 02:32PM
BRYL R. TYNE is a wrangler by nature and a writer by choice. Balancing as many pronouns as hats, somewhere between the evil day job, editing, and helping a benevolent Sugar Daddy raise the last of seven kids, Bryl writes. Homoerotic romance is a favorite, but many of Bryl’s stories cross genres. Comedy, Fantasy, Mystery, Sci-fi, even Westerns, Bryl writes them all.

[image error]
More about Bryl R. Tyne...

The Zagzagel Diaries (6 books)
  • Denial (The Zagzagel Diaries, #2)
  • Desperate (The Zagzagel Diaries, #3)
  • Lost (The Zagzagel Diaries,  #4)
  • Broken (The Zagzagel Diaries, #5)
  • Loved (The Zagzagel Diaries, #6)