Start by marking “Picture This” as Want to Read:
Picture This

Picture This

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Ethan lives in a foster home, struggling to put his life on the right track. Involved in a photography program for at-risk kids, he finds himself threatened again and again by someone who wants his camera. What does Ethan know? And what is on his camera that someone is willing to kill for? Struggling to stay out of trouble and solve the mystery, he discovers he has all the ...more
Published October 1st 2009 by Orca Book Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Picture This, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Picture This

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sally Kruger aka "Readingjunky" for TeensReadToo.com

Life hasn't been easy for Ethan. He had to leave his last foster home after Mrs. Girardi had a heart attack. Now he's living with Mr. and Mrs. Ashdale. They are nice folks, and thanks to them, he's no longer involved with the Nine Eight gang.

Ethan is spending the summer taking pictures. He is part of a new program at the local community center called Picture This. Just about every minute of every day he's got his camera in hand and
Nour Alshurafa
I read “Picture This” and I think it’s a very interesting book to read. The beginning of the book it brings the reader attention of what’s happening. When I first took the book and I looked at the book cover, I thought it would be about dream and the main character is trying to picture it. It’s easy to read. I encourage everyone who loves action and mystery to read it. It’s kind of sad what happen to the main character’s parent.
I also like the end of the book because the main character achieved
Victoria Waddle
Ethan is living in his second foster home when he is enrolled in Picture This is a program for troubled teens. He’s learning photography skills and he’s good at it—creative and serious.

So when someone follows Ethan down a dark alley and tells him to hand over his backpack or be shot, Ethan doesn’t want to give up his backpack. There’s nothing of value in it except his camera. And that camera has all the pictures for his project on freedom.

Ethan thinks that the mugger doesn’t really have a gun. W
Macenzie Wilbourn
Micheal has been a foster kid for his whole life.When he was 12 he got adopted by a girl name Mrs. Gosher.Then he had bad friends in school and Micheal hated Mrs.Gosher so he decided with his buddies to mess around and trash her house.Then Mrs.Gosher told the cops on him and the cop was named Kin, Kin sent Micheal back to the foster care and then someone adopted Micheal but actually it was someone new.He liked this girl more Her name was Mrs.Rashder Mrs.Rashder was a nice lady she had a husband ...more
Marcus
The book i read was Picture this and it was written by Norah McClintock. It was publish by Ocra Soundings in Custer,WA. My opinion of this book is that you change your life around because people come from gang to getting to get out of gangs.It was a intersting book so the was at a Rec center and a house. The main characters of the story were Ethan,Mrs Ashdale,Officer Firelli and DeVon. Ethan coming into a new home. The conflict was this gang trying to kill Ethan,and an officer. I did not like ho ...more
Claudia
Ethan knows how to get into trouble, and when he's faced with a mugger in the first pages of this book, he displays a cool that most of us wouldn't. First, he knows he has nothing of value to steal, and second, he knows how to handle himself.

What seems like an isolated attack takes on a more and more ominous feel; Ethan's new life with new foster parents begins to unravel...but why? Why is he a target of violent gang members? Why is his foster home ransacked? Why is he shot at?

The only thing o
Nik Fiset
this book was interesting
Bethfarley_3
This was a fun book to read. It had some adventure and is part of the Orca Book Series. It was quick to read and kept my attention, although I figured out the ending before I read it. Ethan Lives in a foster home and is trying to put his life back in order but because of his past it comes up to haunt him by the local police. Ethan is enrolled in the photography program for at-risk kids and he finds himself threatened over and over again by someone who wants his camera.
Heather
Ethan takes pictures as part of a photography program for at risk kids. As a poor foster kid, Ethan didn't think he had anything of value, so why did some guy try to take his backpack, and who ransacked his Foster Parent's home? What's on his camera that someone's willing to kill for? Norah McClintock writes another exciting fast read. McClintock's books appeared on previous Quick Picks Lists, 2010 for Taken, 2008 for Bang! and Down! and in 2007 for Tell.
Amanda
I've read a couple of her books and I keep thinking I am going to like them. The only good I can say is that it only took a little while to read this book so not much of my time was wasted.
Raiveran Rabbit
This wasn't a bad short story. Unfortunately, I read it on a Kobo so therefore didn't know what it was about, or how long it was, until I was done.
Kaylabookworm22 L
Loved it! Love the author's work :)
Elsa
Not bad.....nice and short.
Stefani Ferraro
Stefani Ferraro marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Emily Roads
Emily Roads marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Shay
Shay marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Amanda Clement
Amanda Clement marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Jayden
Jayden added it
Jan 24, 2015
Dejanae
Dejanae marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Richa
Richa marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Norah McClintock’s fascinating mysteries are hard to put down. Her Chloe & Levesque series, Mike & Riel series, and Robyn Hunter series, all published by Scholastic Canada, have been popular with readers in many countries. Norah has also written several crime novels for reluctant readers in the Orca Soundings series from Orca Book Publishers,

Norah is a five-time winner of the Crime Writer
More about Norah McClintock...
Taken Last Chance (Robyn Hunter, #1) You Can Run (Robyn Hunter, #2) Out of the Cold (Robyn Hunter, #4) Nothing to Lose (Robyn Hunter, #3)