Start by marking “Forfeiting All Sanity: A Mother's Story of Raising a Child with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome” as Want to Read:

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Jennifer dropped to her knees, trying to make sense of the doctor's diagnosis: 'Your daughter has fetal alcohol syndrome.' Her adopted daughter, Ashley, the blond, blue-eyed angel she longed and prayed for since she was a teenager, would forever be affected by her birthmother's decision to drink during pregnancy. Ashley would suffer all her life from mental and physical bi ...more
Published March 9th 2010 by Tate Publishing & Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about Forfeiting All Sanity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forfeiting All Sanity

Diana Marlowe
This is a great book for parents dealing with FAS children, or caregivers and relatives wishing to better understand what it is like to deal with a child with FAS on a daily basis. Sometimes it just helps to know that there are others dealing with similar issues, and you are not crazy. There is still so much more information and help needed for children with FASD and their parents. Great book.
Laura Robey
A very short book written informally like a blog. I would recommend this book to anyone who cares for a child with special needs not just FAS. Teachers, foster parents, grandparents, Sunday School teachers...this may just give you a glimpse into the family of that really difficult child. The only thing I really disliked about this book is her preaching about no alcohol during pregnancy. It really felt wasted because the people who need those words are more than likely not picking up this book.
Thorn MotherIssues
This one really didn't work for me from the hysterically overwrought title on down, though of course I know the writer's intentions were good. If it were fiction, I'd never have believed a character could be so superficial and looks-obsessed. There was just so much weirdness in ways that annoyed me -- changing a child's name while he was in foster care, claiming to be respectful of the childrens' birth families while saying nasty things about them in print, I'm sure more that I can't think of no ...more
Lorenza
This is a decent book about a family with special needs kids and learning that one has FAS. I could do without the religious link but that is how some families get through pain. If you know little to nothing about FAS, read this book, it does help people see what we go through as parents.
Ronda Sheldon
I really appreciated this adoptive mother's perspective of raising a child with FAS. I related to her in many ways, and empathized with her. It's is always a blessing to be reminded I am not the only one out there!
Stephanie Melton
I am not quite finished with this book but I have cried all the way through it as it has hit so close to home. Thank you so much for writing this book. This is my life...all the way down to the title!
Jolene
Good story of one family's dealings with fetal alcohol syndrome. It opened my eyes to the behavior issues parents must deal with.
MAFO Read
MAFO Read marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Ericka Tyler
Ericka Tyler marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Katie Moncelsi
Katie Moncelsi marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2013
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2013
Gabi
Gabi marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2012