Start by marking “Calculated Revenge” as Want to Read:
Calculated Revenge

Calculated Revenge

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  9 reviews
It's been eighteen years since Laney Thompson's sister was abducted and killed, but the pain Laney feels has never faded. And now the murderer is back, taunting Laney with mementos of her sister and threatening Laney's young daughter. School principal Noah Ryder is her best hope for protecting her daughter--"if" she can convince the former investigator to take the case. As ...more
Paperback, Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #193, 212 pages
Published April 13th 2010 by Steeple Hill (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Calculated Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Calculated Revenge

Michelle
Eighteen years ago, Laney Thompson's eight year old sister went missing. After an extensive FBI investigation with no clue but a large amount of Gracie's blood, the case went cold. But as she was on playground duty one day, Laney found her sister's backpack - just the way her sister had it all those years ago. She runs hysterically, first to her eight year old daughter, then to the principle, her boss,

Loving parents, a mutual attraction with the principle, a sweet eight year old daughter, and s
Regina Tittel
I liked her writing and the storyline, it was well done. One thing did disturb me though. At one point the heroine says she forgives God. I realize people often blame God for things that go wrong in their life. But when you come to an understanding of what's really going on, I wouldn't think you would say you forgive God, instead, I would hope you would come to the understanding that you need to ask forgiveness for blaming God when He's not the one to blame.
Caitlyn Santi
This was a new to me author. And I really enjoyed this book! While parts of the plot were slightly predictable many things surprised me! I really liked the characters, Laney and Noah were great and Laney's daughter Briana was adorable!

Overall, this was a really nice suspense story, and while it didn't quite make my favorites shelf, Calculated Revenge was a story that definitely kept me flipping pages!
I recommend it! :-)
Paula Hrbacek
Laney Thompson is a special education teacher in Cottonwood Grove Minnesota. She finds a backpack on the playground during recess. It belonged to her sister, Grace, who was abducted eighteen years ago. Laney blames herself for not watching her autistic sister.
Noah Ryder, the school principal, used to be a private investigator. He has always been attracted to Laney, but is afraid to love again because his fiancée was killed in a FBI investigation and he blames himself for her death.
At first they
Pianosue
Great suspense.
Shadow
I really loved this book. It had a great pace, and only told the reader what they needed to know in order to keep moving, but not so much that you guessed that was about to happen until it was already well under way! Great characters and lovable lead characters <3 Can't wait to read more from Ms. Nelson!
Joanne
Laney Thompson's autistic sister was abducted and killed when she was eight. It is now 18 years later and the killer is back taunting Laney and threatening her daughter. School principal Noah Ryder who happens to be a former PI ends up helping Laney find who is threatening her and who killed her sister.
Joanie
This love inspired book was very relaxing. Laney and Noah had faith in themselves and each other to get through their so-called guilt of doings in their past. They trusted each other and that is why their mystery was solved.
Nina
really good book, great summer read!!
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Wanda Campbell
Wanda Campbell marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
linda Morrison
linda Morrison marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Cristy San
Cristy San marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Andie
Andie marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Rodrigo
Rodrigo marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Kylie Nix
Kylie Nix marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Jill Elizabeth Nelson writes what she likes to read—tales of adventure seasoned with romance, humor, and faith, earning her the tagline: Endless Adventure, Timeless Truth. Jill speaks regularly at conferences, writer’s groups, library associations, and civic and church groups. When teaching classes for writers, she thrills to bring the Ahah! moment to her students as they make a new skill their ow ...more
More about Jill Elizabeth Nelson...
Rivet Your Readers with Deep Point of View Reluctant Burglar (To Catch a Thief #1) Reluctant Smuggler (To Catch a Thief #3) Reluctant Runaway (To Catch a Thief #2) Legacy of Lies