Start by marking “The School of Fear (Star Wars: Jedi Quest, #5)” as Want to Read:
The School of Fear (Star Wars: Jedi Quest, #5)

The School of Fear (Star Wars: Jedi Quest #5)

The fifth action-packed installment of the Jedi Quest series, the story of young Anakin continues when he and Obi-Wan must test their abilities as they search for a ruthless villain. Fans of this hit series, which fills in the period between the first and second Star Wars films, will be on the edge of their seats and clamoring for more.
School & Library Binding, 0 pages
Published July 1st 2003 by Tandem Library (first published February 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The School of Fear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The School of Fear

Morgan
Jan 02, 2016 Morgan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this before restarting the series from the beginning and without having read book 4, so it didn't make as much sense as it should have, but I still enjoyed it.

Anakin and Ferus go undercover at a prestigious school to investigate the disappearance of a senator's son. Anakin is faced with all his usual problems: ego, pride, lack of communication with his fellow Jedi, lack of discernment, tendency to want to help the wrong people, and of course his enmity with Ferus. Obi-Wan is still trying
Thomas
The son of a popular senator has gone missing at his private school, and the Jedi have been asked to investigate the disappearance. Anakin and Ferus are sent to infiltrate the school as students, and what they find is something more than just a kidnapping. Of course. Because this is the Star Wars universe, where nothing is ever as simple as it seems on the surface.

It's taken me a while to realize it (half the series, in fact), but the brilliance of this series of novels is in showing how Anakin'
pamsreading
11.06.2016
I reread this so many times! To me this is Star Wars/Jedi Quest's equivalent of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!

It can be pinpointed that the seed of of Darth Vader literally starts here and Obi-Wan Kenobi plants it himself. Then you feel what mate? Fear? You just do? Damn right. Good job.

Ps. Master Soara brings the best out of Annie, in a good way
Jared
Star Wars Legends Project #91

Background: The School of Fear was written by Jude Watson and published in February of 2003. It is the fifth book of the Jedi Quest series, following The Master of Disguise (my review).

The School of Fear is set shortly after The Master of Disguise, 26 years before the Battle of Yavin, when Anakin is 15. Obi-Wan and Anakin are the main characters, along with Anakin's rival Ferus Olin and his master Siri Tachi. A handful of Jedi Council members make brief appearances
Shayne
Mar 17, 2016 Shayne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like anything Star Wars then you will love this book. Also if you like investigation and science fiction novels then you will want to read this. This book is one of the best I have read in a long time. It is a real eyeopener to those who like Star Wars.
Two Master-Padawan teams, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, as well as Siri Tachi and Ferus Olin have been sent to Andara to investigate the disapparece of Gillam Tarturi, the son of the Senator of Andara. It is believed that he was ki
Jaime
Oct 17, 2012 Jaime rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anakin and Obi-Wan seemingly get a reprieve from their hunt for Granta Omega when Anakin and Ferus Olin are sent to the Andaran system to go undercover at The Leadership School - a highly secure school where powerful people send their children. Except a Senator's son has gone missing. Obi-Wan and Siri do separate investigation work in order to help prevent a civil war.

The book shows very well how EVERYONE estimates youth - even those in a same age range. And a lot of trust is broken in it.
Angela
Suitable for 8 - 11 year olds or those who have seen the films.
A 16 year old boy has been kidnapped from an exclusive school. Anakin and another padawan are sent to investigate. There's some nice character studies, particulary Anakin and Obi Wan. This book is worth reading for the end and that's all I can say. A good read.
Zuzana
Feb 03, 2016 Zuzana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I cannot help but compare it to the Melida/Daan story arc from Jude Watson's Jedi Apprentice series. What Obi-Wan did there might not have been 100% right but it was understandable. Not to mention that he was driven to do it by compassion. Sadly, there is next to no ambiguity here. This Anakin is destined to turn to the dark side. I would like something more subtle.

Brendan
I'm not sure why this book is titled "School of Fear". It doesn't really seem to match the plot. Yes, the students give off a sense of fear, but that's never really built upon as well as it should be. Too many undeveloped premises in this book.
Alexa
May 16, 2012 Alexa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the Jedi Quest series! Brilliant extension of the star wars series! The only thing I have against it, is the fact that Anakin always seems to be doing the wrong things, and its kind of unfair. But I'm kind of biased, because I love him! :D
Daniel Rose
Dec 28, 2012 Daniel Rose rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars
This book shows Anakin's raw power and use of the force at the end. His inablity to follow the rules and his uncaring nature towards a fellow jedi in need shows his nature towards self agrandizement.
james craddock jr.
Great book!!!

It was that good of a book. I liked the quick pace of the book. I can't wait to read the next one.
Jerry
Oct 12, 2012 Jerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forget Attack of the Clones; this is where Anakin's journey to the dark side begins. Another enjoyable work in the series.
Luke Ewell
May 01, 2015 Luke Ewell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3rd-grade
The senators son has been kidnapped, and Anakin has to go undercover to his private royal school to find out how he disappeared. I liked it because I like Star Wars.
Hugo
Hugo rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2014
Melinda
Melinda rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2012
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
Michael Ewing
Michael Ewing rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2014
Aaron
Aaron rated it really liked it
May 25, 2011
Karivera19
Karivera19 rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2013
Kurt Butler
Kurt Butler rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2013
Holly
Holly rated it did not like it
Oct 28, 2010
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
May 07, 2013
Kiran
Kiran rated it it was ok
May 15, 2012
Patrick Edwards
Patrick Edwards rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2015
theresa s han-sebti
theresa s han-sebti rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2016
Jera
Jera rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2016
William Wanlass
William Wanlass rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2015
Brandt Yeamans
Brandt Yeamans rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Nikki
Nikki rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2013
  • A New Threat (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #5)
  • The Fight to Survive (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #1)
  • The Rising Force (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #1)
  • Kenobi's Blade (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #6)
  • Promises (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #3)
  • Return to Ord Mantell (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #12)
  • Renegade (Star Wars: Rebel Force #3)
  • Clones (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #11)

“Anakin was sixteen years old. Impatience was wired into his being. Despite Anakin's strong Force connection, it would most likely take years before he developed true inner balance.

Obi-Wan, on the other hand, was supposed to have it already.”
4 likes