Start by marking “Hope Springs (Hope Springs #2)” as Want to Read:
Hope Springs (Hope Springs #2)

Hope Springs (Hope Springs #2)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Make friends in Hope Springs

Pull up a chair and discover the strength and sustenance of friendship with Jessie, Margaret, Louise, Beatrice, and Charlotte, as the unique bond forged between these five remarkable women is put to the test when one of their own is stricken with a deadly illness. Filled with the mystery and wonder that make life worthwhile, Hope Springs will li
Published April 1st 2003 by HarperOne (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Hope Springs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hope Springs

Linda T
This is part of a trilogy. I had read the first book some years ago and enjoyed it as best as i could remember. So I was glad to find the other books. Hope springs is second of the trilogy. I was quite disappointed and found it to be very depressing. Have not read the third book yet.
The Wedding Cake which I read later was much better.
Elaine
Jessie, Margaret, Louise, Beatrice, Charlotte. These women all share their hearts with one another. You can "feel" their friendship. How they react when one of them tells of her plans to move and another is facing a huge obstacle in her life. Still another is having trouble with faith. A friend of theirs is struggling with the loss of a young loved one. They share the pain and rejoice with one another when rejoicing is called for.

Learning to let go and live is the theme in this second installmen
Susan
In Friendship Cake, we were introduced to five women of different ages and races, who were put together to create a cookbook which could be used for fundraising purposes at the church. The ladies develop close friendships and decide to keep meeting. When one of the ladies is diagnosed with breast cancer, the others rally around her to offer support. Will this experience hurt the group or make them stronger?
Rosemary
I read this because I am OCD when it comes to books and this is the second in a series. I did not love the first one and did not love this one so I am not going to keep reading, but I can see the charm. I was just not able to fall in love with the characters.
Wanda
This book not only made me laugh out loud but it also made me cry. This book is a very touching story of just how true friendships can endure life's struggles and disappointments. I would recommend this book as a gift to your best friend.
Holly Lazzaro
second in the series from friendship cake. nice continuation of the story of friends going through life and all it throws at you. i found this one to be a little trite, not as meaty as the first, but still good.
Nancy
This book deals with some heavy issues: depression and suicide, breast cancer, loss of faith. For all of the heaviness, it still is uplifting as the friends deal with each other.
Judy
This book is a good testament to the value of friendship. It further develops the characters that are introduced in Friendship Cake, the first book in the Hope Springs series.
Dawn
Jan 04, 2009 Dawn rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys books on women friendships.
Recommended to Dawn by: I enjoyed the first book in the series.
This was a good continuation to the first book, but I thought Friendship Cake was much better.
Glo
Great book about friendship.

I loved the entire series and will definitely read them again.
Holly
I might have liked these better if I'd read the first book of the trilogy - woops!
Linda
Great story of the bond of friendship these ladies in Hope Springs.
Elizabeth
Not great, not bad. Somewhat repetitive in its themes.
Cindy
Lynne under the name of Jackie Lynn, that mysterious woman!
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Kelly Mcleod
Kelly Mcleod marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Michelle Lia
Michelle Lia marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Vonnie Hughey
Vonnie Hughey marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Joyce Retherford
Joyce Retherford marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Stealing Lumby (Lumby, #2)
  • A Fatal Fleece (A Seaside Knitters Mystery, #6)
  • Kissing Babies at the Piggly Wiggly
  • Paging the Dead (A Family History Mystery, #01)
  • Shadows of Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun, #5)
  • Mrs. Pringle of Fairacre (Fairacre Series #17)
  • A Rather Remarkable Homecoming (Penny Nichols, #4)
  • Home Is the Sailor: An Irish Country Doctor Story
  • The Ladies of Garrison Gardens
  • Relatively Dead
Lynne Hinton is the pastor of St. Paul's United Church of Christ in Rio Rancho, New Mexico. The author of numerous novels including Friendship Cake, Hope Springs, Forever Friends, Christmas Cake, and Wedding Cake, she lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
More about Lynne Hinton...

Hope Springs (5 books)
  • Friendship Cake (Hope Springs #1)
  • Forever Friends (Hope Springs #3)
  • Christmas Cake
  • Wedding Cake
Friendship Cake (Hope Springs #1) Pie Town Sister Eve, Private Eye (A Divine Private Detective Agency Mystery #1) Christmas Cake The Arms of God