Forever Friends (Hope Springs #3)

Forever Friends (Hope Springs #3)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Come Back to Hope Springs, Where Friendships Last a Lifetime

The women of Hope Springs Community Church have weathered some pretty fierce storms. Now their friendships are tested again when one of their own is leaving. Join Louise, Jessie, Charlotte, Beatrice, and Margaret for a farewell that Hope Springs will never forget.
Published May 25th 2004 by HarperOne (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Forever Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever Friends

Barbara Melosh
Promising set-up, drama of everyday life in small-town congregation led by woman pastor. But writing rarely gets off the ground…characters are static, dialogue stilted, and most of the action takes place off stage (reported rather than dramatized).
Elaine
These Hope Springs books deal with much real life stuff. Difficult issues.

Charlotte is dealing with the way folks in the church are reacting toward a young man - the grandson of a couple in her church. She sees him as the prodigal son returning home. She sees many of the churchgoers as the other son in the prodigal son story. The one who is bitter and believes the prodigal doesn't deserve grace. (Who does?)

Wallace and Lana have their own stuff they're dealing with. Lana has been so unhappy.

Fin...more
Donna
I enjoyed this book about a small town in North Carolina and the group of women friends that have to deal with some difficult issues in their lives. This is not the first in the series, so I have some catching up to do. It was a very quick read, I read it in one day. I enjoyed seeing the way the characters interacted with each other in support of their different life situations. I plan to read the others in the series.
Susan
Life continues in Hope Springs. The ladies have to face that one of their own will leave Hope Springs. Is this how the author decides to close the series. Can the group maintain their close friendship without her? Change is a fact of life and nothing stays the same no matter how much you want it to. A good read.
Judy
So far, this is my favorite book in the Hope Springs series. With each book, my attachment to the characters has deepened and my concern for the issues that face their lives has grown. This book, as is the series, is a great testament to the value of friendships.
Nancy
The third in the Hope Springs series, I am enjoying this series because the problems dealt with seem realistic and I enjoy working through them with the characters. I especially appreciate the spiritual side of the discussions.
Dawn
May 12, 2011 Dawn rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who read the other Hope Springs books.
Recommended to Dawn by: I read the first two Hope Springs books.
This is the third book in the Hope Springs series. I did not enjoy this book as much as the first two. I did not enjoy the characters as much. The first book, Friendship Cake, was the best of this series.
Tama
Jan 11, 2011 Tama marked it as to-read
I enjoyed "The Things I Know Best" by Lynne Hinton, so I thought I would try another by her.

Well shoot - can't start this one yet, it's part of a series, have to read them in order!
Mary
May 01, 2009 Mary rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Mary by: my daughter
I really enjoyed this book. I have read the other books connected to this one and I had no trouble remembering the characters and their stories.
Danny L.
I thought it was a nice book. The author kept my attention with all that was going on. I kept wanting to come back to it.
Dot
A lovely little morsel of a book. Full of wisdom and love..
Colleen
Ack! So sweet and sappy it would kill you! Gag me!
Crissy Voyles
Crissy Voyles marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Melody Gaidrich
Melody Gaidrich marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Jean Galloway
Jean Galloway marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Celeste
Celeste is currently reading it
Aug 25, 2014
TheLadyCaroline
TheLadyCaroline marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Kat Geisler
Kat Geisler marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Eileen Connolly
Eileen Connolly marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Angie White
Angie White marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Lynne Hinton is the pastor of St. Paul's United Church of Christ in Rio Rancho, New Mexico. The author of numerous novels including Friendship Cake, Hope Springs, Forever Friends, Christmas Cake, and Wedding Cake, she lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
More about Lynne Hinton...
Friendship Cake (Hope Springs #1) Pie Town The Arms of God Christmas Cake The Order of Things