The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs

The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs

4.59 of 5 stars 4.59  ·  rating details  ·  138 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Published March 26th 2010 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs

The Troll
This is an amazing book, with some unbelievable imagery. I never fail to be amazed by some of the acts author Leopold Butters Stotch vividly describes in his brilliant novel, although I find that sometimes the imagery is a bit much, especially when it comes to the opening paragraph with the dog and the bloody pus-covered object. Stotch makes up for it with the plot about Amsterdam and the ending with the vag frogs sending off Scrotie's infected anus. I enjoy the way Stotch uses Sarah Jessica Par...more
A Leigh
This book is the Catcher in the Rye, the Candide, AND the Venus in Furs of our generation; Leopold Stotch is the voice of our generation, and he shall NOT be censored by the plebeian scum who wish to silence his gospel without true cause. This exquisite treatise on feminism, xenophobia, and class warfare in our time, utilizing the unlikely and genius metaphor of (view spoiler), is a voice that reaches beyond the barriers of our bigoted ancestry. Stotch has op...more
Monique Major
Where the hell can i read this booookk!!!
Troll
If you haven't read this book, then you're missing out on a true American classic. Author Leopold Butters Stotch's dirty novel about Scrotie McBoogerballs now comes with a bucket because nobody has ever been able to read it without throwing up.
Josh
Jan 18, 2013 Josh rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Young children and nuns.
This is truly one of the greatest books of our time.

The artist, L.B. Stotch, delights us with a complex social web of relationships, and the clash of economic classes.

The main character, the aforementioned "Scrotie", is a multilayered character, and we discover each of his facets in a unique way as he competes with his peers in a race against society on his quest to "beat the man."

I was truly enlightened by this book, and I have passed it on to several of nephews and nieces, who have all for som...more
Christopher Keeble
Let my comments here serve as a warning to bibliophiles.

I interrupted my fourth reading of Ulysses to read the Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs and was flattened by the genius therein. Never again will I waste my time parsing timid claptrap by the likes of Joyce or Faulkner.
Don't read this book. I'm warning you. Stay happy in your stew of literary mediocrity, content with your run-of-the-mill Twains, Hardys, Tolstoys and Hugos; if you read this you'll never enjoy anything else ever again.
Des Albert
This book is somewhat overrated. It is not quite the masterpiece I expected after reading so many positive reviews. Granted, Stotch is a gifted author whose understanding of nuance and the importance of a good narrative is undisputed but it is definitely not a classic. Scrotie is a flawed character is many ways and the actions he takes throughout the story are not always consistent. There are obvious similarities to the plot in The Fugitive ( volume 7 of À la recherche du temps perdu ) but Stotc...more
Ben
AWESOME BUT I THREW UP LIKE 100 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sam
This is the most disgusting and obscene book that I have ever read. The plot was pretty good, but I couldn't finish it. It has bestiality, racism, sexism, transphobia, homophobic stereotypes, everything but the kitchen toilet! This book is overrated. I think the only reason it's so popular is because it's the most filthy book in the history of literature, if this even qualifies as literature, that is. I enjoyed the obscenities at first, but it got old very quickly. I give this book one 1 star be...more
Sam Kassover
great book,. read it at least 12 times
Michelle
I wanna read it, yooo. Lol
Chazz
Five stars are not enough. A galaxy, a universe are not enough. I laughed, I cried, my soul was ripped from me and lifted to the heavens. I was exhausted, exhilerated, revolted, exalted, disgusted, elated, intoxicated. A towering work of breathtaking beauty with stunning implications for our world, and the world we fear it might become. Words fail me. Read it if you dare. You will never be the same.
Sara
This book is the most vile, disgusting, putrid excuse for a story I have ever read, and I loved every minute of it. Sure, I puked a few dozen times but it was worth it just to read something so complex and thrilling. The politics of the story and the fleshed-out characters are so wonderfully confusing, the language is so beautifully descriptive, and the metaphors are simply flawless. Politically you don't know which way the story leans, and the many slams at Sarah Jessica Parker make you wonder...more
Giselle Roberts
People were not kidding when they said this is the most disgusting book they have ever read. Seriously, it makes Wetlands by Charlotte Roche look clean as a whistle, and Chuck Palahniuk's "Guts" like a trip to Sea World. I can't even provide a plot summary without being nauseated, and if I try to analyze the symbolism of Sarah Jessica Parker, I'll... um... sorry about that, had to run outside. Don't worry, it was just dry-heaving. Didn't want to take any risks though.

That said, the Tale of Scrot...more
Milos Vujkovic
This is a true modern classic. I was lucky enough to get my hand on the edition with Sarah Jessica Parker's foreword.
Sławomir Szczęsny
I mean... the whole part about Amsterdam... Whoa!
James Russell
Simply the greatest novel ever written.
Connor
Mar 02, 2014 Connor marked it as to-read
Shelves: books
How do I read the book
Harold
This book may well change your life. The depth of depravity in this epitomy of the essential American novel will drive you past the point of nausea at times, but you won't be able to put it down. A fascinating read that really gets to the heart of what it means to be an American. If Stanley Kubrick were still alive this would be his next movie.
Warning! This book will cause changes in the way you think of yourself, life, and society, and offers insight that some readers might find uncomfortable....more
Jaan
Jan 31, 2013 Jaan added it
One of the greatest works of art that humanity has ever produced. It is so deep in meaning and anyone who says that it's just vulgar because of humor are just shallow and have low I.Q. It's great... best book ever written... amazing... changed my life.
Joe
One of the greatest literary works of our time. Stotch is a virtuoso capable of weaving a gritty, realistic image of our time by combining toilet humor, the oppression of the masses by Sarah Jessica Parker, and pop culture. 5 stars.
Andreé Ferro vergara
Another classic of the best author Steven McTowelie...

Nick Movesian
The authors use of metaphors and dialogue make this book the work of art that it is.
Brian Johansen
Perhaps the greatest book ever written.
Jaydyn
Feb 27, 2013 Jaydyn added it
this was shitty mcboggerballs
Kinsa Rayburn
Better than In the Mouth of Madness!
Tom Fischer
A true American classic.
John Flerianos
A work of art. 10/10
Justin
This is possibly the filthiest and greatest book I've ever read. I vomited on myself several times while reading it. I highly recommend Mr. Stotch's masterpiece.
  • Zwarte sneeuw
  • Shiva's Fire
  • Silver Moon
  • The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America: A Guide to Field Identification
  • De gelukkige klas
  • You Are Worthless: Depressing Nuggets of Wisdom Sure to Ruin Your Day
  • Chatroom
  • Red ons, Maria Montanelli
  • Wonderkinderen
  • Piotr
  • Better Never to Have Been: The Harm of Coming Into Existence
  • Torenhoog en mijlen breed: een toekomstverhaal
  • Het schervengericht (Homo duplex)
  • Adolf in Wonderland
  • What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions
  • Rico Slade Will Fucking Kill You
  • The Year the Gypsies Came
  • Eric in the Land of the Insects
American child writer and former tap dancer. Stotch has written two literary works.

Stotch was owned for a while by Paris Hilton and is rumored to be Professor Chaos.

Stotch is also a national hero in Mexico where he is known as "Mantequilla".
More about Leopold Butters Stotch...
The Poop That Took a Pee