Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “The Speed Reading Book (Mind Set)” as Want to Read:
The Speed Reading Book (Mind Set)
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

The Speed Reading Book (Mind Set)

3.55  ·  Rating Details ·  1,468 Ratings  ·  155 Reviews
'The Speed Reading Book' is an absolute requirement for anyone with a desire to read and learn more efficiently.' Sean Adam, World Speed Reading Record Holder.

Have you ever wanted to increase dramatically your reading speed, improve your comprehension and enhance your study and learning skills?

The Speed Reading Book, part of Tony Buzan's revolutionary 'Mind Set' series (wh
...more
Paperback, 235 pages
Published May 8th 2003 by BBC Active (first published 1971)
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about The Speed Reading Book, please sign up.

Popular Answered Questions

Leslie Jeanne i once enrolled in a speed reading course, and yes, it's achievable. my highest was 8,250 words per minute. the top of our class had 16,000+. the only…morei once enrolled in a speed reading course, and yes, it's achievable. my highest was 8,250 words per minute. the top of our class had 16,000+. the only problem is that comprehension might not be as great.(less)

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  Rating Details
فائق منيف
بوزان: المكان الذي تقرأ فيه يجب أن تكون إضاءته كافية، مريحة للعين، ومناسب لأغراض القراءة

بوزان: عندما تقرأ الأدب أو الشعر، استدع إلى ذهنك كل ما تعرف واستخدم رؤيتك الشخصية وحكمك الخاص

بوزان: سرعة القراءة قد لا تكون مناسبة حين يتعلق الأمر بالأدب والشعر، فهما أقرب إلى الوضع الذي تستمتع فيه بالموسيقى

بوزان: التركيز يشبه الحصان الجامح، وأنت الراكب، والأمر مرده إليك في أن تتدرب لتصبح راكبا متمرسا

بوزان: أعط نفسك فترة راحة كل 30-60 دقيقة من القراءة، لتشحذ ذهنك وليزداد تركيزك، وتوفر الراحة لعينيك وعقلك

بوزان
...more
Tomas Libas
Oct 14, 2014 Tomas Libas rated it really liked it
One of the better books on speed reading I have read.

B) The message: There's a more efficient way of learning - you can learn by engaging in your brain fully and using it's full potential; the old way is not "the high way" when it comes to learning.
C) Some cool ideas:
1. Your pupil size increases when you're reading what you like and that lets you take in more data.
2. Sitting up straight is a must, when you're reading, because it increases the flow of oxygen and blood in your body, let's the elec
...more
Mohammed Almahfoudh
I read the Arabic ediion of this book because it is the only edition available in my university library (KFUPM Main Library). This book is one of a series of books on mind, memory, reading skills. When you first read the introductory part of this book, you'll that you are reading one of the weight loss ads on TV that usually exaggerate the real benifits of the their service or method. Don't judge too quickly , start reading and applying what you read and you'll be amazed of your results. Of cour ...more
Nash
Aug 29, 2007 Nash rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone.
Shelves: already-read
Before I had my first experience in mindfulness meditation, I was crazy about mind developing in another way already. You can call it a worldly aspect of it. I was very much into books about brain development, memory enhancement and stuff. Not that it worked for me! I have noticed, especially after my numerous retreats, that my brain does decline with age. But at least I'm trying! Well, this book is from my pre-meditation day, and now and then I still pick it up to read for fun, and I use it to ...more
ahmed atef
Jul 20, 2013 ahmed atef rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
كتاب القراءه السريعه لتوني بوزان من اهم الكتب اللي بتتكلم في الموضوع ده ولما حاولت ابحث عن بعض الطرق لتسريع القراءه وخصوصا باللغه العربيه اكتشفت ان كل الناس بتاخد من الكتاب ده واساليبه يعني هو مرجعهم الرئيسي ويمكن الوحيد.
الكتاب اتكلم تقريبا في كل حاجه تخص القراءه والاستيعاب بس وجهه نظري انه كان ممكن يبقي مختصر شويه عن كده لو ركز علي الموضوع الاساسي ومتفرعش منه كتير في تفاصيل جانبيه.
الكتاب دا من الكتب اللي مينفعش تقراه مره واحده وخلاص لانه مليان تمارين واساليب لتحسين القدره علي القراءه والتركيز.
ا
...more
Salah Ibrahim
أتعجب حتي الآن كيف كان الكتاب لمدة أكثر من عامين أمامي في مكتبتي الشخصية ولم أقم بقرائته إلا منذ فترة قصيرة، علي أية حال الكتاب أنصحك بدراسته، نعم، بدراسته وليس قرائته، أماالأمر الثاني فعليك بالتأني أثناء إطلاعك، فكلما قرأت فصل قم بالتطبيق عليه وبعدها قم بالإنتقال إلي الفصل التالي حتي تتحق الإستفادة المرجوة من الكتاب.

مما لا شك فيه أن الكتاب سيُحدث فارق كبير في سرعة قرائتك.


توني بوزان أنا ممتن لك جداااااا

Ahmed Wagieh
كل كتب د. بوزان تعتبر من امهات الكتب في علومها .. ومن الكتاب دا طبعا واللي لازم يقراه او يرجع ليه اي حد مهتم بالقراءة السريعة ... والكتاب من مميزاته طريقة تنظيمه الواضحة والشيقة واللي بتساعد ع القراية بسرعة للمنهج نفسه ... طبعا في كتب تانية احدث في علم القراءة السريعة وفيها تمارين اكتر زي كتاب (الانطلاق في القراءة السريعة) بس برضو الكتاب دا مرجع اساسي زي ما قلت ..
Diana
Feb 15, 2013 Diana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unfinished
Аз не съм точният читател на тази книга.
Твърд противник съм на всякакакъв селф-хелп, независимо в каква област. Купих книгата само поради причината, че обикновено ми остава време за четене вечер късно, след напрегнат работен ден и ми е трудно да внимавам и да остана будна по-дълго. Надявах се да ми помогне в съсредоточаването, особено за нехудожествената литература, която, както и художествената с повече страници, продължава да се трупа, незапочната или изчетена в различен стадий.
Изначалната ид
...more
Rami Saber
Aug 13, 2012 Rami Saber rated it it was ok
Actually the book has some important concepts, and many thanks to Buzan for his insights on human skills.

But overall I do not like the way some books are written where the content of the book can be delivered in 10 pages, but rather it is written in around 300 pages.

For speed reading I recommend the The Free Speed Reading Course youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q25Uqa...

It will cover the topic without the spices added in Buzan's book which, unlike spices, doesn't add taste nor smell
...more
Emad Attili
Sep 03, 2015 Emad Attili rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
description


كتاب صغير وممتع. ممل قليلا .. ولكنه ممتع!

لا بد لكل قاريء جاد أن يقرأ هذا الكتاب. سينعكس بشكل إيجابي على معدل القراءة.

description
Batoul Al-Mutab
Oct 26, 2010 Batoul Al-Mutab rated it it was amazing
كتاب رائع جداً، يوضح لنا أهم الأخطاء في القراءة وكيفية تجاوزها أو التقليل منها ، كذلك وضع بعض التمارين لتشجيع القارئ على معرفة سرعة القراءة لديه و أهم نقاط الضعف، حمسني أحضر دورة تدريبية عن القراءة السريعة..
أنصحه للجميع :)
zozo
Mar 23, 2012 zozo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
هرجع أقولك ان فى كتاب مينفعش معاهم القراءة السريعه زى غادة السمان وأحلام مستغانمى متاجه اتلذذ بكتابتهم
Basim Mahmoud
May 05, 2013 Basim Mahmoud rated it liked it

I bought this book 5 years ago, but, finished it with no effort these days.

We can summarize the idea of most books concerned with the speed of reading or the fast reading;

-Get the motivation
-Increase your speed and practice as much as you can on each level you get- you can borrow the techniques of the athletes' heroes.
-Make reading a daily habit.
-The more you practice the more you master.

but,

the most remarkable aspect is; this book was first published in 1971; which means that surely it was a
...more
Mohammad Dawood
أول ملاحظة على الكتاب أنك لن تستطيع أن تقرأه قراءة سريعة
الكتاب بشكل عام أضاف لي بعض الأفكار التي أحسست أنها قابلة للتطبيق وبعض الملاحظات التي يمكن أن تؤخذ أثناء القراءة
لم أتبنى كل ما ذكر في الكتاب رغم أهمية وجودة الكثير منها لأنني أعتقد أنها تقود إلى شيء من التعقيد والتقيد بأطر لم أشعر بأهميتها
رغم إصرار الكاتب على ان جميع مناحي المعرفة يمكن أن تقرأ فيها قراءة سريعة إلا أنني لا أظن ذلك فكتبي المدرسية والجامعية لا استطيع أن أدخل امتحاناتها إلا بعد قراءتها عدة قراءات متأنية
انصح بأن يقرأ هذها الك
...more
Omar El shanbaly
Sep 02, 2014 Omar El shanbaly rated it really liked it
هذا الكتاب مهم جداً لكل طالب علم ولكل مثقف ولكل قارئ ولكل من يتطلعون إلى إحداث طفرة غير معهودة فى سرعة القراءة، وتحسين القدرة على الإستيعاب، الكتاب يحتوي على أحدث المعلومات المتعلقة بالعقل والعين التي ستساعدك على تحسين أدائك بشكل لافت فى القراءة، كانت سرعتي 250 كلمة/دقيقة وبعد قراءة هذا الكتاب أصبحت أكثر من 500 كلمة/دقيقة + زيادة الإستيعاب
TarasProkopyuk
Mar 05, 2012 TarasProkopyuk rated it really liked it
Книга очень практичная. Здесь техники которые помогают значительно увеличить скорость чтения книг.
Но на практике заметил, что люди после освоения практики скорочтения по разному подходят к её использованию. Некоторые полностью используют данные навыки, некоторые частично, а некоторые научившись отказываются от него :)
Выбор конечно за вами…
Omar Al-Muhaidib
Sep 22, 2010 Omar Al-Muhaidib rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: مهارات
الكتاب عبارة عن تدريبات عملية تقيس مستوى تطور قراءتك مع مرور الوقت
وفي كل مرة يعطيك خطوات اضافية لتنقلك الى المستوى الجديد لتزيد من سرعة قراءتك بالاضافة الى زيادة نسبة الاستيعاب للنص
الكتاب لا يقرأ في يوم ولا في اسبوع بل هو دورة تستمر فيها لعدة شهور وحتى تنتقل من مستوى الى مستوى آخر فإنك تحتاج الى كثير من التدريب
Esraa Abd-Elrehim
مكملتش الكتاب .. حسيت انه تضييع وقت .. التدريبات بتاعته معجبتنيش
وحاسة ان موضوع القراءة السريعة والتدريب عليها محتاج كورس عملي .. مش قراية نظرية
لان حاسة ان مجرد القراية فقط فى الموضوع ده مش كفاية .. زيه زي التنمية البشرية .. بتحمسك فى ساعتها وبعدين بتطلع من الودن التانية :)
Yassmeen Madwar

An interesting and helpful book, gives you the major rules for speed reading with the benefit of a good deal of historic and modern information.
Maen
Jan 08, 2013 Maen rated it liked it
A good book to double or triple your reading speed.. but I am not sure if more is possible..
Kamal Sabry Shaker
Apr 14, 2017 Kamal Sabry Shaker rated it really liked it
تعلمت من الكتاب عدة طرق للقراءة السريعة وبعض التدريبات على ذلك ولكن حتى الآن أحس بأن معدل قراءتى ليس على الطريقة والسرعة اللازمة للحاق بما فات ومحاولة قراءة كل ما أريد.
تعليمات القراءة السريعة:
1- ألق نظرة على قائمة محتويات الكتاب وهو ما لا يفعله الكثير منا بدافع عدم قتل الأفكار أو تشويشها قبل البدء فى قراءتها وعدم حرق الكتاب كما يقولون ولكنها مهمة جداً لمحاولة تحقيق أكبر قدر من الإستفادة من الكتاب.
2- نظرة سريعة على الكتاب نفسه مُحاولاً قراءة بعض الفقرات ببطء وبعضها بتسارع أعلى وتحديد مدى الفهم وا
...more
فاطِمة
شريته من جرير في ٢٠٠٥ ومن ذيك السنة ولين هاليوم وأنا أحاول أقراه وأخلصه لعلي اطلع منه بفايدة!!!
مب كافي انه قديم والمواضيع العلمية والمعلومات والمقالات من التسعينات،أبداً ما أثار اهتماميه البتّه ولا حسيت فيه شي مذهل، لا بعد فكرة الكتاب شي أقدم وأقدم، من السبعينات وتوني يقدم برامج ودورات في هالمجال.
Ahmed
Jan 02, 2014 Ahmed added it
بعد أكثر من سنة على قرائتي لهذا الكتاب مرتين .. أقول ، بأنني لم اجده مفيداً أمام الممارسة .
خرجت بعد طول تجربة في القراءة , بنظرتي الخاصة عنها , و اسميتها ، جوهر القراءة .
وجدت بأن القارىء " أنا " هو الأساس في عملية القراءة , ناهيك عن نوع الكتاب الذي يقع بين ايدينا ..
الصمت حين يدخل كلحظة و أستطيع ان امسكه , أكون مستعداً للتلقي ..
هكذا اُسقط التصورات الأولية ..
و اصبح ككوب فارغ .. و لكن مجهز بمصفاة .. لفلتره اي فكره ليست قوية ..
في البداية , و بعد أن اجهز نفسي ارادياً , أو في اغلب الأحيان لا ارادياً .
...more
Sean O'Reilly
Mar 16, 2013 Sean O'Reilly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
http://www.BookCrossing.com/journal/7791536

It must have been around 5 years ago, maybe more that I became interested in Tony Buzan's Mind-Mapping technique which, at the time, was rather fashionable in the field of primary school teaching. It must have been at about that time that I saw this book on the For Sale shelf of my local library.

I read the whole bookbefore working through it properly and doing the exercises. The theory is quite convincing in it's
...more
Mehdi
Jun 14, 2012 Mehdi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a book I'm going to have to read again and again just so that I can go through and finish all the exercises assigned in it, but I hope it's well worth it. I'm finding that I am reading faster just through finger tracing, so hopefully the rest of the advice in the book will also lead to further improvement (so far, though, the peripheral vision exercise just made me dizzy and frustrated...). I particularly liked in his conclusion that he mentioned how the future of schooling and education ...more
Daniel Taylor
Dec 02, 2016 Daniel Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At the 2016 Toastmasters International Convention, Tony Buzan was presented with the Golden Gavel to recognise his achievements in the study of the mind. If you want to learn how to read fast, few people can teach you as well as he can. People wonder how I read as many books as I do... the earlier edition of the book taught me the elemental principles of my speed reading system. Everyone professional needs to read to stay indispensable in their company and this book will help you read faster and ...more
عبدالله الموحد
Jan 31, 2014 عبدالله الموحد rated it did not like it
الكتاب مبالغ فيه بصورة عجيبة، ويكاد يكون كتاب تسويقي لا أكثر، ومن الأمور المضحكة التي ذكرها المؤلف: بالإمكان أن نصل لعشرة آلاف كلمة في الدقية، فبالله هل يعقل هذا لإنسان طبيعي؟، قد تكون هناك قوى خارقة لبعض الفئات القليلة جداً، ولكن ليس للإنسان الطبيعي، فالقوى الخارقة كالمرض، يصيب القلة!، فإن فرضنا صحة كلام المؤلف، وأخذنا مثال بذلك ولنأخذ أكثر من متوسط كلمات الصفحة الواحدة، وهي 200 كلمة، إذاً ستكون النتيجة 1.2 ثانية للصفحة الواحدة بكل ما تحتويه وبإستيعاب كامل؟!، فهل هذا واقع؟

.!إضافةً بأن الألف كلم
...more
Brittany
Apr 23, 2011 Brittany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition


I like all of Tony Buzan's books, including this one. I greatly increased my reading speed within the first few chapters. However, by the middle of the book my speed came to a plateau. Therefore, I didn't finish the last few chapters. Never the less, I would suggest this book for anyone who does a lot of reading for leisure, work or school. I use these speed reading techniques quite often.
Ali
Aug 06, 2013 Ali rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
كتاب ليس بالسئ ولا بالاحسن
خصوصاُ إني لا احب الكتب المترجمة وكنت على حق في هذا خصوصاُ في بعض الامور التي لم يجد المترجم ترجمته بشكل صحيح واخص بالذكر اخر الفصول حيث كانت تتعلق بالكلمات و اصولها وكانت باللغة الانجليزية ففي راي ليست مهمة للقراء العربي او من يقرأ العربية
في النهاية الكتاب جيد لمن سيبدأ ومن يريد ان يطور في قراءته ويجعلها اسرع
عبد الرحمن نادي
Dec 15, 2012 عبد الرحمن نادي rated it really liked it
الكتاب في أوله جيد جدا و عملي و حتي منتصفه يظل علي نفس النسق ، إستطعت رفع سرعتي إلي الضعف ، و لكن بعد منتصفه تقريبا تبدأ الأساليب في التعقيد الشديد الذي تتوه معه !
بالطبع بوزان و كل كتبه هي مراجع ، الأسلوب جيد للغاية ، الإختبارات الذاتية جيدة و مشجعة ، القراءة الأولي لبوزان و تتبعها إن شاء الله قراءات أخري
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • The Mind Gym: Wake Your Mind Up (The Mind Gym)
  • القراءة الذكية
  • The Evelyn Wood Seven-Day Speed Reading and Learning Program
  • 25 قصة نجاح
  • Honoring the Self: Self-Esteem and Personal Transformation
  • Think Better: An Innovator's Guide to Productive Thinking
  • القراءة المثمرة: مفاهيم وآليات
  • 50 Prosperity Classics: Attract It, Create It, Manage It, Share It
  • The Memory Book: The Classic Guide to Improving Your Memory at Work, at School, and at Play
  • كيف تتقن فن القراءة السريعة
  • أسرار النوم
  • Breakthrough Rapid Reading
  • Simplicity
  • I Can Make You Rich
  • القراءة السريعة
  • The Geopolitics of Emotion: How Cultures of Fear, Humiliation, and Hope are Reshaping the World
  • الدوافع المحركة للبشر : الدليل الكامل لأنماط الشخصية
  • How to Hustle and Win
4603
Tony Buzan is an author and educational consultant. He is a proponent of the techniques of Mind Mapping and mental literacy. He has worked with: corporate entities and businesses all over the world; academics; Olympic athletes; children of all ages; governments; and high profile individuals, in teaching them how to maximize the use of their brain power.

Buzan was born in London, is an alumnus of Ki
...more
More about Tony Buzan...

Share This Book



“Definition is the companion of clarity; clarity is the guide to your goals.” 5 likes
More quotes…