Start by marking “The Bipolar Relationship: How to Understand, Help, and Love Your Partner” as Want to Read:
The Bipolar Relationship: How to Understand, Help, and Love Your Partner

The Bipolar Relationship: How to Understand, Help, and Love Your Partner

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Bipolar is a condition that affects peoples' relationships with others as much as it affects their own mental state. When one person in a couple is experiencing the extreme highs and lows of a disorder like this one, it's impossible for their partner not to feel the strain too. Reassuring yet realistic, Dr. Bloch, Dr. Golden, and Nancy Rosenfeld explain what's normal, what ...more
Published January 1st 2012 by Adams Media Corporation (first published November 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Bipolar Relationship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bipolar Relationship

All books on this subject disappoint me so bad.
So many " Try- should- should not- avoid - try - try- ..."
What do these authors expect from someone who lives with a bipolar person? To be super human and always remember, try, avoid, be understanding?
Rachele Cateyes
The book is written from a doctor's perspective and touches on things I already knew, but it was a good reminder. The chapters on communication are really helpful. Also, self care is also just as important when you have a caretaker role. I notice when my anxiety and depression makes me misinterpret my partner and I lose perspective. Read the the entire review here.
I've read several books like this, and this is the one I'd recommend to others. It covers the same topics as the others, but it's thorough and incredibly easy to read. I skimmed through the entire book pretty quickly, and ended up making copies of sections to keep (since I didn't purchase the book).
Jody is currently reading it
Nov 25, 2015
Danielle McElroy
Danielle McElroy marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2015
Galiba added it
Aug 22, 2015
Karlissa Kawecki
Karlissa Kawecki marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Alesha added it
Dec 16, 2014
Elba Stewart
Elba Stewart marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2015
Rachel Hogan
Rachel Hogan marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Nurul Ain
Nurul Ain marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Chloe marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Jill marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
Serena added it
Nov 26, 2013
Kristi marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2013
Brian marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2013
Sarah Gallagher layton
Sarah Gallagher layton is currently reading it
Feb 02, 2013
Jeb marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013