Start by marking “Malice in London (Erskine Powell, #4)” as Want to Read:
Malice in London (Erskine Powell, #4)

Malice in London (Erskine Powell #4)

3.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  82 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
DETECTIVE-CHIEF SUPERINTENDENT ERSKINE POWELL RETURNS--INVESTIGATING MALICE IN HIS OWN BACKYARD.

When a murder victim is discovered in the murky waters of the River Thames, Erskine Powell of Scotland Yard plunges into the most diabolical case of his distinguished career. A second brutal slaying draws Powell even deeper into a tangled web of greed, deception, and blackmail.
Published March 4th 2009 by Fawcett (first published April 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Malice in London, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Malice in London

Gail Richmond
Jul 25, 2015 Gail Richmond rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One more in Graham Thomas's series on Detective Chief Superintendent Erskine Powell's search for the killers in somewhat obscure murders. Is it suicide? Or, is it murder tied to political aspirations?
Linda Irvine
It started off in a promising new summery mystery series sort of way, then it was almost like Thomas got bored and had to sew the plot up higgledly-piggledly at the end... I hated the constant red-herrings about the murder - he did he didn't he's really very reasonable he did he didn't... Gah.
Rich Finnigan
Dec 07, 2015 Rich Finnigan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice mix of plots and characters. Also interesting to see murder without guns of the main weapon. Also interesting to see escape without guns. Missed some sort of fishing expedition in this one but very much enjoyed the read anyway.
Sherry
Mar 05, 2011 Sherry rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I found the story somewhat uninteresting. And, this is the 2nd book I've read in the series, the fact that the police inspector again gets in 'dire' trouble at the end, didn't make me a fan.
Jenn
Jan 01, 2011 Jenn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found quite a few typos, which annoy me. And I didn't particularly like Powell. I also didn't find the solution overly probable or enjoy the parts that dealt with British politics.
Katie Lawrence
Aug 24, 2010 Katie Lawrence rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A speedy read that reminded me quite a bit of Agatha Christie or some of the tv crime shows I'm tragically addicted to. Just fun to read.
Suzi Belanger
Although a good pool read, sometimes it got mired in the politics and minor details of the mystery instead of the overall mystery.
Julie
liked this better than the moors and cornwall books. it kept me guessing and i specially liked the ending.
Victoria Campbell
Victoria Campbell rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2016
Bindy
Bindy rated it it was ok
Jun 28, 2016
Margaret K. Zeller
Margaret K. Zeller rated it liked it
May 14, 2016
Ivo Stoykov
Ivo Stoykov rated it really liked it
May 22, 2016
Alix
Alix rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Lois Kavanagh
Lois Kavanagh rated it it was ok
Mar 10, 2016
Jacky
Jacky added it
Mar 08, 2016
Candace
Candace rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Aye
Aye marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Kayla Ghossen
Kayla Ghossen marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Jean
Jean added it
Jan 24, 2016
Ed Bevan
Ed Bevan marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Ivo Stoykov
Ivo Stoykov marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Dec 18, 2015
Carol Rockwell
Carol Rockwell rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Rowan Greene
Rowan Greene rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2015
Stephanie Arthurs
Stephanie Arthurs marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Jackie
Jackie rated it it was ok
Sep 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Pseudonym of Gordon Kosakoski, 1950-2008.
Wrote five novels.
More about Graham Thomas...

Erskine Powell (5 books)
  • Malice in the Highlands (Erskine Powell, #1)
  • Malice in Cornwall (Erskine Powell, #2)
  • Malice on the Moors (Erskine Powell, #3)
  • Malice Downstream (Erskine Powell, #5)