Start by marking “Malice in London (Erskine Powell, #4)” as Want to Read:
Malice in London (Erskine Powell, #4)

Malice in London (Erskine Powell #4)

3.28 of 5 stars 3.28  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  6 reviews
DETECTIVE-CHIEF SUPERINTENDENT ERSKINE POWELL RETURNS--INVESTIGATING MALICE IN HIS OWN BACKYARD.

When a murder victim is discovered in the murky waters of the River Thames, Erskine Powell of Scotland Yard plunges into the most diabolical case of his distinguished career. A second brutal slaying draws Powell even deeper into a tangled web of greed, deception, and blackmail.
Published March 4th 2009 by Fawcett (first published April 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Malice in London, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Malice in London

Linda Irvine
It started off in a promising new summery mystery series sort of way, then it was almost like Thomas got bored and had to sew the plot up higgledly-piggledly at the end... I hated the constant red-herrings about the murder - he did he didn't he's really very reasonable he did he didn't... Gah.
Sherry
I found the story somewhat uninteresting. And, this is the 2nd book I've read in the series, the fact that the police inspector again gets in 'dire' trouble at the end, didn't make me a fan.
Jenn
I found quite a few typos, which annoy me. And I didn't particularly like Powell. I also didn't find the solution overly probable or enjoy the parts that dealt with British politics.
Katie
A speedy read that reminded me quite a bit of Agatha Christie or some of the tv crime shows I'm tragically addicted to. Just fun to read.
Suzi Belanger
Although a good pool read, sometimes it got mired in the politics and minor details of the mystery instead of the overall mystery.
Julie
liked this better than the moors and cornwall books. it kept me guessing and i specially liked the ending.
Donna
Donna added it
Nov 04, 2014
Elle
Elle added it
Oct 19, 2014
Karli
Karli marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Jerry Swindle
Jerry Swindle marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
NE
NE added it
Jun 15, 2014
Kathy
Kathy added it
Jun 13, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Martha
Martha added it
Mar 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Graham Thomas, a biologist by training, lives in British Columbia with his wife, their two children, and a Gordon setter named Laddie.
More about Graham Thomas...
Malice in the Highlands (Erskine Powell, #1) Malice in Cornwall (Erskine Powell, #2) Malice on the Moors (Erskine Powell, #3) Malice Downstream (Erskine Powell, #5) Colour in the Winter Garden