Start by marking “A Most Scandalous Engagement (Scandalous Lady, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Most Scandalous Engagement (Scandalous Lady, #2)

A Most Scandalous Engagement (Scandalous Lady #2)

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  437 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
“Gayle Callen is wonderful!”
—Cathy Maxwell

A wager made by three gentleman to find a scandalous woman has unexpected romantic consequences in A Most Scandalous Engagement—the second in a delicious new series from USA Today bestselling author Gayle Callen. A true master of historical romance, Callen writes the kind of sizzling love stories that fans of Samantha James and Lor
Published November 30th 2010 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about A Most Scandalous Engagement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Most Scandalous Engagement

Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenThe White Queen by Philippa GregoryThe Uncommon Reader by Alan BennettSomewhere in France by Jennifer RobsonThe Boleyn Reckoning by Laura Andersen
"Elizabeth"
71st out of 111 books — 6 voters
Sweet Annie by Cheryl St.JohnThe Duke and I by Julia QuinnRomancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnAgain the Magic by Lisa KleypasJust Like Heaven by Julia Quinn
Best Friends to Lovers Historical Romance
45th out of 46 books — 43 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather
Feb 02, 2011 Heather rated it did not like it
Kate
Feb 23, 2014 Kate rated it really liked it
This was enjoyable. I did feel a bit lost here or there due to the fact that I hadn't read the first one. Otherwise, not bad.

UPDATE:

Apparently, I liked it better the second time around. I don't know what it says about the book or about me that I just discovered that I actually had read it in 2011 and had absolutely no memory of it throughout my second reading.

Finished 05.11.2011 and 02.10.2014.
Donna
Dec 01, 2010 Donna rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this, I couldn't put it down. I loved Elizabeth, she and Peter were made for each other. My only negative is that Elizabeth's angst and self-doubt did come across as too over-wrought to be really believable at times. I really like the way all three books in this trilogy are occurring parallel to each other. I can't wait for the last book.
Mary
Apr 06, 2012 Mary rated it it was ok
Is this a first book? This feels like a first book. Transistions and backstory are very poorly done, characterization is minimal and unbelivable. I didn't read the first book, and won't go looking for it based on the writing in this one.
Fay Ann Hollcroft
Aug 20, 2013 Fay Ann Hollcroft rated it it was amazing
Shelves: callen-gayle
I don't know what it is but every time I start to read one of Gayle Callen's books I cannot seem to be able to put it down. THEY ARE GREAT!
Carrie (elphaba) Selusnik
The second in the series, and I really enjoyed it as much as the first. Looking forward to the reading more from Callen.
Andrea Jackson
Feb 28, 2011 Andrea Jackson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, sexy. The set-up was a little unbelievable. Now I have to get the rest in the series.
Bean
Jul 13, 2014 Bean rated it really liked it
I liked this story. I really like this author.
Chriscilla Quintana
Jan 10, 2014 Chriscilla Quintana rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT!
Maryanne
Dec 01, 2013 Lori Yvette Fernandez Lopez rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.
Oky Septya
Apr 10, 2015 Oky Septya rated it liked it
Awalnya agak membingungkan karena saya blm membaca dua buku sebelumnya.. atau salah satu dari dua buku seri ini. Tapi, setelah saya memutuskan untuk nggak terlalu memikirkan hubungannya dg dua tokoh lain di buku lainnya, ceritanya cukup menyenangkan.

Yah, walaupun karakternya begitu-begitu aja. Alkisah, Lady Elizabeth ketahuan punya lukisan telanjang yg dipajang di klub gentleman. Masih belum jelas ini lukisan telanjangnya Elizabeth atau dua sepupunya, ga nyambung ih saya bacanya, malah bingung.
Dec 17, 2010 Sarah rated it liked it
Ada
Jun 30, 2012 Ada rated it liked it
Karen
Dec 08, 2014 Karen rated it liked it
This was another fast paced Callen book. I liked the simplicity of the characters, the sweetness of the romance. Overall a good book. nothing super exciting but worth reading. more of a 3.5 rating
Tina
Oct 24, 2015 Tina rated it it was ok
Finished it but slow read.
Lilah Chavez
I didn't like the female characters at all. Elizabeth was just ugh, Mary Ann I just wanted to smack. Peter could've been a great character. usually Callen could do a great book , but what happened ? The plot seemed a bit hurried and not convincing. The only reason I.finished reading it wad because I bought the book. Sorry Callen, but I'm hoping for Leo's and Susannah's story is better, it can't get much worse than this.
Saral
Dec 25, 2010 Saral rated it liked it
Tabetha Waite
Aug 09, 2013 Tabetha Waite rated it did not like it
I didn't care for this book from the beginning, mainly because of the initial interaction between the MCs. I felt that there was too much conflict and not enough to recommend Elizabeth or Peter. For the writing style alone, I choose not to finish the book :(
April
Dec 20, 2010 April rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010, library
I definetly felt like you need to have read the other books in this series to understand what is going on. Plus the characters never really came alive for me.
Eve
Feb 12, 2011 Eve rated it liked it
I enjoyed it..it wasn't really a great read per se, but I liked both their characters and the fact that he was a commoner gave it a bit of a different edge.
Elle
Jan 11, 2011 Elle rated it liked it
I think this book must be late in a series. There's a lot of stuff that's talked about in the story as if the reader must already know.
Monica
Feb 13, 2015 Monica rated it liked it
I loved this book but I felt the end was a little abrupt. Still give callen props for writing such awesome books!
E. R.
Mar 23, 2011 E. R. rated it it was ok
Shelves: gayle-callen
The first one grabbed my interest better than this one. I'll provide a better review at a later date.
Heather Fischer
Ok book. It didn't hold my interest as much as other books of hers that I have read but it was enjoyable.
Melanie
Sep 01, 2011 Melanie rated it liked it
...but what about Susanna....hopefully there is a third book to this series to finish the story.
Melissa
Not nearly as good as the first book in the series.
Elaine
Apr 14, 2015 Elaine rated it really liked it
Lovely story. A pleasure to read.
Pamela
Nov 18, 2011 Pamela rated it liked it
Rated 3.5
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 14, 2015 02:23PM
  • Reese's Bride  (Bride's Trilogy, #2)
  • Never Trust a Rogue (Heiress in London, #2)
  • Mad about the Duke (Bachelor Chronicles, #7)
  • The Secret Desires of a Governess (Hallaway Sisters, #2)
  • Dukes to the Left of Me, Princes to the Right (Impossible Bachelors, #2)
  • The Duke's Night of Sin (Seven Deadly Sins, #3)
  • To Desire a Wicked Duke (Courtship Wars, #6)
  • Suddenly
  • At the Duke's Pleasure (The Byrons of Braebourne, #3)
  • After Dark with a Scoundrel (Lords of Vice, #3)
  • Something Scandalous (The Spinster Club, #3)
  • Lessons of Desire (Rothwell #2)
  • Tempted All Night (Neville Family, #4)
  • Wicked Nights With a Lover (The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls #3)
  • To Dream Again
  • The Viscount's Wicked Ways
  • It's Always Been You (York Family, #2)
  • My Irresistible Earl (Inferno Club, #3)
USA Today Bestselling author Gayle Callen writes historical romances for Avon Books. Her twenty-second novel, The Wrong Bride, was published in November 2015.

Gayle’s novels have won the Holt Medallion, the Laurel Wreath Award, the Booksellers’ Best Award, and finaled in the National Readers Choice Awards. She was a nominee for RT Book Reviews Magazine’s Reviewers’ Choice Award. Her books have bee
More about Gayle Callen...

Scandalous Lady (3 books)
  • In Pursuit of a Scandalous Lady (Scandalous Lady, #1)
  • Every Scandalous Secret (Scandalous Lady, #3)