Start by marking “Make Your Move (Harlequin Blaze, #542)” as Want to Read:
Make Your Move (Harlequin Blaze, #542)

Make Your Move (Harlequin Blaze, #542)

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  140 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Jodie Patterson's posh bakery is all about satisfying cravings. Her signature aphrodisiac cookies have been flying off the shelves...and giving Jodie some delicious ideas of her own.Behind his owlish glasses, Jodie's business partner, Dr. Dan Ellison, is the male equivalent of the Naughty Professor. Jodie is more than ready to indulge her fantasies with this wolf-in-geek's ...more
Published May 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Make Your Move, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make Your Move

Sophia (FV)
Apr 10, 2010 Sophia (FV) rated it really liked it
Jodie and Dan have been friends and business partners for years. He is a scientist, and a dedicated workaholic who spends long hours in the lab, teaching and traveling. Jodie runs a bakery that she co-owns with Dan. Her bakery’s claim to fame is a special aphrodisiac cookie. Dan developed a special formula to add to the icing that enhances female pheromone levels. When a woman eats a couple of these tasty treats, her love life gets a little boost. Needless to say, these cookies are flying off th ...more
Tiffany Danner
May 13, 2010 Tiffany Danner rated it really liked it
I am a relative newbie to “vanilla” contemporary romance novels, and by that I mean romance novels that don’t involve special ops, seals, or very dominating men. I started Make Your Move a little uneasy because I wasn’t sure I could fully enjoy it… it has no guns or secret missions, no super evil kidnapping plots, and no growly men. Yet I had enjoyed Samantha Hunter’s Kindle Short, Barely There, so I was pretty sure I would enjoy the writing. Luckily I was right, and Samantha Hunter didn’t need ...more
Myra Wardhana
Aug 29, 2015 Myra Wardhana rated it really liked it
Classic case of "we are friends only" between Jodie and Dan, and it took one ugly, nasty, sinister guy of Jason Kravitz to lead them to become lovers, then "friends with benefit" then finally a happy ever after at the end.

But love the idea of putting chemistry and science subject in the book, how chemistry of certain chemicals can make something happened. From secret ingredients for Jodie's "Passionate Cookies" to Dan's experiment with his "cologne".
Harlequin Books
"This is a "fun" book and I really enjoyed it. ... The hero and heroine are likeable, average people who are looking for love. They do run into some problems before they find their HEA but they are believable people and believable problems. This is a friends to lovers romance." from an eHarlequin.com member review, read more HERE.
Mikki Cober
Sep 15, 2014 Mikki Cober rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
Great storyline, sexy heroine, and the hero is a wonderful mix of professor turns hunk. The plot has some nice twists and makes this novel something special.
Makii
Aug 23, 2012 Makii rated it really liked it
Quien dijo que los científicos no pueden ser tan hot y sexys?
Me encantó esta historia, porque a veces es bueno encontrar un prota que no se crea "el rey del universo" y que aún asi pueda conquistarte y volverte loca. No entiendo como tuvo un amigo así tantos años y logro resistirse!!!
Un romance contemporáneo tierno y que enamora!
Jamie DeBree
Mar 24, 2010 Jamie DeBree rated it it was amazing
Wow. This book hit me on a deep level - the heroine is someone I find myself really identifying with in so many ways. And the hero, of course, is simply swoon-worthy and completely lovable in a sexy, geeky, logical way. Before you read it, make or buy your favorite cookies - with frosting. You'll need them...just trust me. :-)
Terri Pray
Aug 02, 2012 Terri Pray rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
Steamy, well written best friends romance with a little blackmail and industrial espionage thrown in.
Michelle
Oct 15, 2011 Michelle rated it liked it
Good book.
Marty
Marty marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Chioma Chukwura
Chioma Chukwura marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Crystal Messick
Crystal Messick rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
Cheree Martin
Cheree Martin rated it did not like it
Apr 30, 2016
Irmaria
Irmaria marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Umapranam
Umapranam rated it did not like it
Apr 24, 2016
Paris
Paris marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Deepika
Deepika marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Terra
Terra marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
M Sz
M Sz added it
Feb 03, 2016
GoodReadsAaroniero
GoodReadsAaroniero rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Anna Rubini
Anna Rubini marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Suzette
Suzette marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Loretta Fox
Loretta Fox marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Dag
Dag marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
  • Surprise Me... (Harlequin Blaze, #539)
  • A Prince of a Guy / Goldie and the Three Brothers (Blazing Bedtime Stories, #5)
  • Shiver And Spice (Harlequin Blaze #349)
  • Blazing Bedtime Stories (Once Upon A Bite / My, What A Big...You Have! / Sexily Ever After) (Harlequin Blaze #447)
  • Indiscretions (Harlequin Blaze, #548)
  • Simon Says...
  • Born on the 4th of July (Includes: Men Out of Uniform, #6.5) (Harlequin Blaze, #549)
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • Hot-Blooded (Harlequin Blaze, #563)
  • Moonstruck (Harlequin Blaze #514)
  • Riding the Waves
  • When Twilight Comes (Mists of Fernhaven #1)
  • Touch and Go
  • My Fake Fiancee
  • The Mighty Quinns: Danny (The Mighty Quinns, #17)
Samantha Hunter lives in Syracuse, NY, where after working as a university writing instructor for ten years she's began writing full-time at home. Her first book was a Harlequin Blaze, Virtually Perfect (July 2004), which was the very first book she ever wrote and submitted (so don't think it can't happen!). Since, she's written seven more Blaze books, with more on the horizon.

When she's not writi
More about Samantha Hunter...