Start by marking “Theories of Public Organization” as Want to Read:
Theories of Public Organization

Theories of Public Organization

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  3 reviews
THEORIES OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION, 6E is a brief, readable overview of public administration theory that presents multiple viewpoints, enabling students to develop their own philosophies of public administration, and helping them relate theory to application. The Sixth Edition incorporates a new theme of Governance, which explores the traditions, institutions, and processe ...more
Published February 19th 2010 by Wadsworth Publishing Company (first published March 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Theories of Public Organization, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Theories of Public Organization

I thought this was a pretty good summation of what I learned in the PA program. I read this for a Capstone class, so there was no new material, but it was presented in such a way as to tie together a lot of the theories I learned, doing a lot of the work for me.
Alexandra Chauran
I read this book for a class on Organizational Theory/Behaviour. Unfortunately, this book felt rather redundant after having already read Ott's Classic Readings in Organizational Behavior, Baradat's Political Ideologies and Farmer's To Kill the King. Most of this book was a summary of dry information. My favourite part was actually in the appendix, a journaling activity that I am going to use while planning my dissertation.

One huge note: DO NOT BUY THE KINDLE EDITION. Every time that a scholar,
Well, this book was better than some of the other books I've had to read for public administration. Denhardt simplifies things for those who are not familiar to the field, but not enough for it to be an easy read.
GETAHUN marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Dogisso Gona
Dogisso Gona marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Lois marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
Janek is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2015
Jill Marian
Jill Marian marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Getu Belete
Getu Belete marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Haider Ali
Haider Ali marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Pyay Soe
Pyay Soe marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Awais Ahmed
Awais Ahmed marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Harish Purmanund
Harish Purmanund marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Anan marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Kelcey added it
Mar 11, 2015
Pooja added it
Mar 09, 2015
Alicia added it
Feb 28, 2015
Edith Mawila
Edith Mawila marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Kristel Claudine
Kristel Claudine marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
AlbertO Hernandez
AlbertO Hernandez marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014