Start by marking “Freshwater Aquariums for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Freshwater Aquariums for Dummies

Freshwater Aquariums for Dummies

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Covers the latest aquarium gadgets Design a dazzling underwater environment with this bestselling guide!
Setting up your first freshwater aquarium can be a daunting task. This friendly guide answers all your questions, from setting up your tank and selecting fish to the water, chemicals, plants, and much more. There's also expanded guidance on combining different species o
Published October 1st 2006 by For Dummies (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Freshwater Aquariums for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freshwater Aquariums for Dummies

Shelby
Apr 25, 2014 Shelby added it
Super helpful for starting up the aquarium hobby.
Thomas Dolan
Kind of contradictory.In the introduction, Hargrove delares that fishkeeping is simple and easy. then throughout the rest of the book ALL you have to do to keep a fish is weekly 15% water change check the pH, make sure your fish aren't sick. And if you have fry, well, you better quit your job and hope you can sell your fry for a lot more than they're worth.
Amandeep Grewal
I read this book because I plan on getting African Dwarf Frogs and this would be my first aquarium. This book is great and tells you everything from setting up the proper aquarium to caring for the fish. It's a great book to have and reference because it talks about the different illnesses a fish may get and how to treat them. Great book for beginners
Jess Baker
Not as useful as i had hoped
Theo Karner
Standard 'Dummies' format I know and love. Is wordy in many places but covers the fundamentals; the sections on water and the nitrogen cycle were very useful to know. Only disappointment was a lack of information on how many fish you can/should have in an an aquarium.
Lucy
Aug 02, 2012 Lucy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lucy by: Boss at petco
This was a fun and very good informational book. I set up my aquarium and its awesome
Sandra Pedicini
Entertaining and educational. Highly recommend it for aquarium newbies.
Ezra
This is one of the best guides. to keeping fish I love it.
Sylene
Jan 26, 2009 Sylene added it
what to do with my fishies....and my snails
Samara Gagne
Definitely slap this on your shelf.
Leeann
Leeann added it
Jan 15, 2015
Yolanda Galvan
Yolanda Galvan marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Sophia
Sophia added it
Nov 14, 2014
Jayy Swavey
Jayy Swavey marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Crystal S
Crystal S marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Aquariums For Dummies The Betta The Essential Goldfish The Discus: An Owner's Guide to a Happy Healthy Fish The Betta: An Owner's Guide toa Happy Healthy Fish (Happy Healthy Pet)