Start by marking “The Days of Our Lives: The True Story of One Family's Dream and the Untold History of Days of Our Lives” as Want to Read:

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  9 reviews
On a November day almost forty-five years ago, the first episode of Days of our Lives appeared on the NBC Network, NBC's first color soap opera broadcast. Eleven thousand episodes later, millions excitedly tune in every weekday to watch one of the 260 original one-hour episodes produced each year. What few know though is that the show started as the dream of one family, th ...more
Published May 1st 2010 by Sourcebooks (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Days of Our Lives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Days of Our Lives

Julie
This was a poorly written book with very little in the way of behind the scenes stories - especially since Ken Corday must have witnessed some interesting stuff. The deaths of his family members are dragged out, and the whole story is just so self-interested. I wished it had been much more interesting and on top of that the book was just so poorly written.
Cindy Bauer
While The Days of our Lives hit daytime soap serial might be pure fiction, the life of its Executive Producer, Ken Corday, is not and lends familiarity into real life situations, despite his infamous family. This shows that even the rich and famous are only human, too.

On the jacket, a very clear description of the book’s contents can be found: The True Story of one Family’s Dream and the Untold History of Days of our Lives. Ken Corday writes beautifully as he opens up to the world about his fami
Kathleen
Terribly written/edited. It's a shame because the story itself was compelling; I was so wanting it to work. Read like a disjointed high school graduation speech.
Caroline
The story was interesting. I was expecting more. No amazing secrets revealed or anything.
Lynne
Having inherited a love for the series from my younger years, spent at home with my mother, I enjoyed this quick and easy read about the soap opera dynasty and the story of the family who created it. While there isn't a lot in terms of substance or deep secrets revealed, I wasn't expecting it to be such and therefore did not feel disappointed by its mostly light tone. I would only recommend this book to people who watch Days of Our Lives and have watched it for some time.
My Book Views
Corday tells the touching story of how his father created the long-running daytime soap and how his mother took over the show when her husband succumbed to cancer. The mix of family history, show history, and the happenings of the present-day ratings game and budget cuts is perfect. Even as a viewer of more than a decade, I learned quite a bit about Days of our Lives. I consider this a must read for fans of the genre and those interested in the history of television.
Lisa
Mar 28, 2011 Lisa added it
If you love the show Days of our lives, then this book is for you. This book gives you insights in to how the show was created and what's kept the show on the air for more then forty years. If you are hoping to hear a lot about your favorite character or actor, then don't bother. This is Ken's book and talks about his family's dream and how they made their dreams come true.
Donna
Since I have been watching Days of Our Lives from the onset, I really enjoyed reading Mr. Corday's book about how the show got started and all that it takes to keep my favorite soap opera on the air.
I also enjoyed reading about the people who play the characters on the program. I hope the show continues for many, many more years.
Nicole
The touching story of how Corday's father created the long-running daytime soap and how his mother took over the show when her husband succumbed to cancer. Betty is one impressive woman!!

I learned quite a bit about the show, the family, and some television history (which is, of course, always a subject of interest for me).
Jennifer Croft
Jennifer Croft marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Heather
Heather is currently reading it
Jul 31, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Elyon Leon
Elyon Leon marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Emmie
Emmie added it
Jun 26, 2014
Aimee Kolf
Aimee Kolf marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2013
Tanner
Tanner added it
Jul 08, 2013
Colbypetunia
Colbypetunia marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Days of our Lives: The True Story of One Family's Dream and the Untold History of Days of our Lives Days of our Lives: The True Story of One Family's Dream and the Untold History of Days of our Lives