Start by marking “Norah's Ark” as Want to Read:
Norah's Ark

Norah's Ark

Hi, my name is Bentley. I'm a mutt with a dash of pit bull in the soup, and I have issues. I'm not likely to win any beauty pageants, and I'm afraid of cats. But my human, Norah Kent, thinks I'm the greatest despite all my shortcomings.

The problem is Norah won't go out with anyone who doesn't like me. Norah says she's perfectly happy being single, and that in God's time sh
Published September 1st 2006 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense

To ask other readers questions about Norah's Ark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Norah's Ark

Loraine
I absolutely loved this book. Unusual characters, great story line, fantastic humor and a Christian theme running throughout. What more could you ask? Norah, the owner of the small lake town pet store, is not really ready to settle down. But her steady boyfriend, Joe, is ready for a commitment, the new cop in town, Nick, is chasing her; and the owner of the ships on the lake, Charlie, has come back to town and he's interested too. Along with her best friend Lily and her neighbor antique shop own ...more
Jennifer Fluegge
Apr 12, 2009 Jennifer Fluegge rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy most of Judy Baer's books--they are nice, light-hearted reads. Nothing deep or heavy, but yet, you don't feel like you are totally indulging in brain candy (like Lori Wick's books, for example). This was a cute story, that even though it involved animals, etc. I was able to enjoy. :-) (I am not an animals person..)
Kelsi Peterson
It's a funny book about a Christian girl who owns a pet shop. She isn't searching for love, but all these men start to come after her. OH I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!! jk. It's very light reading.
Kathy
Jul 14, 2017 Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. No muss, no complicated fuss, just a lovely story of someone staying true to themselves and their beliefs. Refreshing on a hot summers day.
Kendall
Mar 05, 2012 Kendall rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Marilyn
Apr 11, 2007 Marilyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: pet loves, christian fiction
Shelves: pets
Pet store owner Norah Kent loves the Lord and animals; she dreams of one day having a family with Mr. Right, a person who must accept that she is prime caretaker of her beloved elderly Auntie Lou, is owned by Bentley the mutt, and must share her two passions especially her Christian faith.

Three bachelors show interest in Norah. US Navy Commander Connor Trevain seems to care for Norah, but she fears stepping out with him because her best friend Lilly wants him. The townsfolk push Joe Collier, wh
Melissa Roberts
Although I literally just started reading this book (only about 15pages in)I have to vent. The reason I decided to read this book was because the blurb on the back was written in the perspective of a dog. So I assumed that's how the book would be written. Wrong! It's written in the perspective of the main character, a woman. I will continue to read the book and give it a shot, but VERY misleading and disappointing!!

.........

Had to stop reading this one. I like chick lit, but this was like readin
Serena Lawson
Jun 24, 2014 Serena Lawson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book. I felt it did take a bit to really get started but once it did, I was hooked!

The story follows Norah who has a pet shop on Pond Street called Norah's Ark. She has a God given passion for animals and wants to take care of them and find owners for all that she can! There are also several other shops on Pond Street and all the owners of these shops are like a family. Norah has three gentlemen that have become interested in her and with that comes the drama! Is she ready to
Barbara
This was an easy to read, entertaining story that I enjoyed. The main character, Norah, owns a pet store and loves animals, so that made the story interesting to me. She isn't really looking for a relationship, so the possibilities are coming in droves. Most of the plot deals with the relationships among young, twenty or thirty something adults and inter-generational relationships between the elderly and teenagers and/or young adults, and it makes this story work well. This is an excellent choic ...more
Alex
Apr 26, 2013 Alex rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-books
This was a cute, albeit fluffy, book. I didn't like it nearly as much as The Whitney Chronicles, but it was enjoyable enough.

Norah's juggling of the three men in her life was annoying at times, though. Her "relationship" with Joe made no sense at all, and it was obvious from the get-go who she'd end up with.

However, I liked that Norah was able to be a Christian without being judgmental, since that undesirable trait kept popping up in the Christian chick-lit books I've read lately. I liked her as
Becki
I know that I read this book before. \n\nIt's cute. Predictable (or maybe that's because I have read it before), but cute.\n\nNorah is a character you can really understand and want to be more like. Her faith and reliance on God is admirable. Although I would have liked to see her struggle more before getting her answers at various parts of the book. However, maybe that's just how my life works because I'm not as continually plugged into God as she is.
Kim Fowler
Feb 17, 2014 Kim Fowler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put this book down. Very entertaining

Couldn't put this book down. Very entertaining

you laugh and cry along with Norah and her crew of pets. such a wonderful good feeling read. what a wonderful author. wonderful scriptural readings. a clean Christian oriented book. loved this book and author. such great characters. Will read more of her books.

Patty
I read this partly because of the blurb on the back and then also as a challenge to expand my reading habits. It was fine. I found the references to God to be intrusive, but for the usual audience of these books it is probably reassuring. I doubt I will read Baer again, but that is because of my choice of materials. She is a good writer.
Amanda Scaramella
Jun 25, 2015 Amanda Scaramella rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel
It was a cute light read. Despite the summary on the back of the book, Bentley the dog is not a major character. It was, however a very Pro-Christian book. Being Roman Catholic, this didn't bother me too much, but even I rolled my eyes every now and again. Think of it as an ideal and noble example of how to live with God in every part of your life, and just enjoy the fluff and fur!!
Bonnie McHenry
Jul 25, 2011 Bonnie McHenry rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
Very predictable. I did enjoy the main charaters love and devotion for taking care of all Gods creatures and how that love was a driving force in her life. I enjoyed her ups and downs and questions relating to her life and the many hardships she encountered, however, the end results were very predictable. Not too many surprises.
Lisse
Feb 21, 2008 Lisse rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lisse by: Mom
A cute story that my mom recommended - I had a hard time with the scripture stuff that was thrown in all the time (it is a Christian book after all), but the storyline was cute and of course I loved the animals in it.
Donna Hunt
Pretty great book. I wasn't too impressed with the apparent 'pit bull' lookdown. But a story about a God loving, animal crazy girl learning about love mantaining a caring nature when the world calls it craziness. and that NOTHING is impossible for God.
 Alysha Mae : )
inbetween reading great expectations it took me a whole woppin 5 hours to read this book, it was kindof a long story but i just couldn't put it down!!! it was a really good story and i absolutly loved it
Heidi
Apr 18, 2012 Heidi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Meh - like the author, but this was just okay.
Leslie
Jul 23, 2010 Leslie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good chick lit read.
Amber
Feb 26, 2008 Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was somewhat predictable for me. I guessed the pairings in the beginning and they came true.
Brenda
Mar 25, 2008 Brenda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book
Kristy
Jan 21, 2008 Kristy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Christian chic lit with animals thrown in for fun
Deanna Church
Jan 18, 2015 Deanna Church rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, easy read.
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
cute book, I wasn't sure at first how I would like it but it came together nicely!
Ti-Leigh Telford
Good predictable fluff. Good for a rainy afternoon or a plane ride.
Christie
Jul 13, 2011 Christie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute read...some very funny moments.
Andrea
Jul 08, 2009 Andrea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-chick-lit
Fluff, Fluff, Fluff, Fluff, Fluff!!!!
Ashley
Sep 27, 2013 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#
CompNtBk
Borrowed from library.

FS: "I stood back and studied the sign I'd placed in the window. Have you hugged your Iguana today?"

LS:
Nikki
Jul 23, 2007 Nikki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoying this book. loved all of the animals :o) with a dog and 3 cats i can relate.

interesting book 1 7 Apr 11, 2007 01:08PM
  • Single Sashimi (Sushi, #3)
  • Front Porch Princess
  • You Had Me at Good-bye (Drama Queen #2)
  • My So Called Love Life
  • Tiger Lillie
  • A Girl's Best Friend (Spa Girls, #2)
  • Dreaming in Black & White (Phoebe Grant, #1)
  • The Guy I'm Not Dating
  • Chill Out, Josey! (Josey, #2)
  • Love Finds You in Snowball, Arkansas
  • Dread Champion
  • Savannah Comes Undone
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes (Family Honor #2)
  • Kissing Adrien
  • At Home for the Holidays
  • Controlling Interest
  • Stranded in Paradise
aka Judy Kaye

Judy Baer was born and grew up on a farm on the prairies of North Dakota, USA. An only child, she spent most of her days with imaginary people-either those she read about or those she made up in her head. Her most ambitious conjuring did not succeed, however. She kept a clean stall with hay and oats for the horse she imagined would come but unfortunately, it never did. As an adult, ho
More about Judy Baer...