Start by marking “Norah's Ark” as Want to Read:
Norah's Ark

Norah's Ark

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  288 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Hi, my name is Bentley. I'm a mutt with a dash of pit bull in the soup, and I have issues. I'm not likely to win any beauty pageants, and I'm afraid of cats. But my human, Norah Kent, thinks I'm the greatest despite all my shortcomings.

The problem is Norah won't go out with anyone who doesn't like me. Norah says she's perfectly happy being single, and that in God's time sh
Published September 1st 2006 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense

To ask other readers questions about Norah's Ark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Norah's Ark

Loraine
I absolutely loved this book. Unusual characters, great story line, fantastic humor and a Christian theme running throughout. What more could you ask? Norah, the owner of the small lake town pet store, is not really ready to settle down. But her steady boyfriend, Joe, is ready for a commitment, the new cop in town, Nick, is chasing her; and the owner of the ships on the lake, Charlie, has come back to town and he's interested too. Along with her best friend Lily and her neighbor antique shop own ...more
Jennifer Fluegge
I enjoy most of Judy Baer's books--they are nice, light-hearted reads. Nothing deep or heavy, but yet, you don't feel like you are totally indulging in brain candy (like Lori Wick's books, for example). This was a cute story, that even though it involved animals, etc. I was able to enjoy. :-) (I am not an animals person..)
Kelsi Peterson
It's a funny book about a Christian girl who owns a pet shop. She isn't searching for love, but all these men start to come after her. OH I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!! jk. It's very light reading.
Kendall
Marilyn
Apr 11, 2007 Marilyn rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: pet loves, christian fiction
Shelves: pets
Pet store owner Norah Kent loves the Lord and animals; she dreams of one day having a family with Mr. Right, a person who must accept that she is prime caretaker of her beloved elderly Auntie Lou, is owned by Bentley the mutt, and must share her two passions especially her Christian faith.

Three bachelors show interest in Norah. US Navy Commander Connor Trevain seems to care for Norah, but she fears stepping out with him because her best friend Lilly wants him. The townsfolk push Joe Collier, wh
Serena Lawson
Really enjoyed this book. I felt it did take a bit to really get started but once it did, I was hooked!

The story follows Norah who has a pet shop on Pond Street called Norah's Ark. She has a God given passion for animals and wants to take care of them and find owners for all that she can! There are also several other shops on Pond Street and all the owners of these shops are like a family. Norah has three gentlemen that have become interested in her and with that comes the drama! Is she ready to
Kim Fowler
Couldn't put this book down. Very entertaining

Couldn't put this book down. Very entertaining

you laugh and cry along with Norah and her crew of pets. such a wonderful good feeling read. what a wonderful author. wonderful scriptural readings. a clean Christian oriented book. loved this book and author. such great characters. Will read more of her books.

Melissa Roberts
Although I literally just started reading this book (only about 15pages in)I have to vent. The reason I decided to read this book was because the blurb on the back was written in the perspective of a dog. So I assumed that's how the book would be written. Wrong! It's written in the perspective of the main character, a woman. I will continue to read the book and give it a shot, but VERY misleading and disappointing!!

.........

Had to stop reading this one. I like chick lit, but this was like readin
Barbara
This was an easy to read, entertaining story that I enjoyed. The main character, Norah, owns a pet store and loves animals, so that made the story interesting to me. She isn't really looking for a relationship, so the possibilities are coming in droves. Most of the plot deals with the relationships among young, twenty or thirty something adults and inter-generational relationships between the elderly and teenagers and/or young adults, and it makes this story work well. This is an excellent choic ...more
Melissa
Cute story of a pet store owner who has to choose between three men.
Alex
This was a cute, albeit fluffy, book. I didn't like it nearly as much as The Whitney Chronicles, but it was enjoyable enough.

Norah's juggling of the three men in her life was annoying at times, though. Her "relationship" with Joe made no sense at all, and it was obvious from the get-go who she'd end up with.

However, I liked that Norah was able to be a Christian without being judgmental, since that undesirable trait kept popping up in the Christian chick-lit books I've read lately. I liked her as
Kristi Whalen
I did not much care for Norah. But I love Bentley and animals and Nick and that is 2 star worthy.
Patty
I read this partly because of the blurb on the back and then also as a challenge to expand my reading habits. It was fine. I found the references to God to be intrusive, but for the usual audience of these books it is probably reassuring. I doubt I will read Baer again, but that is because of my choice of materials. She is a good writer.
Bonnie McHenry
Very predictable. I did enjoy the main charaters love and devotion for taking care of all Gods creatures and how that love was a driving force in her life. I enjoyed her ups and downs and questions relating to her life and the many hardships she encountered, however, the end results were very predictable. Not too many surprises.
Donna Hunt
Pretty great book. I wasn't too impressed with the apparent 'pit bull' lookdown. But a story about a God loving, animal crazy girl learning about love mantaining a caring nature when the world calls it craziness. and that NOTHING is impossible for God.
Lisse
Feb 21, 2008 Lisse rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lisse by: Mom
A cute story that my mom recommended - I had a hard time with the scripture stuff that was thrown in all the time (it is a Christian book after all), but the storyline was cute and of course I loved the animals in it.
 Alysha Mae : )
inbetween reading great expectations it took me a whole woppin 5 hours to read this book, it was kindof a long story but i just couldn't put it down!!! it was a really good story and i absolutly loved it
Erin Whittenberger
This is such a sweet, cute, clean romance!! It was fun and funny.. And the main character was centered around God.. Great book!
Alicia Lowery
Really cute story! Loved her love for God's creatures (people included!). If you are a pet-lover too, you'll appreciate it!
Amber
It was somewhat predictable for me. I guessed the pairings in the beginning and they came true.
Nikki
Really enjoying this book. loved all of the animals :o) with a dog and 3 cats i can relate.

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
cute book, I wasn't sure at first how I would like it but it came together nicely!
Ti-Leigh Telford
Good predictable fluff. Good for a rainy afternoon or a plane ride.
Saralyn
Another light, fun, inspirational book. Very enjoyable.
Kristy
Great Christian chic lit with animals thrown in for fun
Heidi
Meh - like the author, but this was just okay.
Andrea
Fluff, Fluff, Fluff, Fluff, Fluff!!!!
Christie
Cute read...some very funny moments.
Linda
Cute, made me laugh.
Leslie
A good chick lit read.
interesting book 1 7 Apr 11, 2007 01:08PM
  • Single Sashimi
  • You Had Me at Good-bye (Drama Queen #2)
  • Love Finds You in Snowball, Arkansas
  • Miss Invisible
  • Everything's Coming Up Josey (Josey #1)
  • Split Ends: Sometimes the End Is Really the Beginning
  • Tiger Lillie
  • My So Called Love Life
  • Stranded in Paradise
  • The Guy I'm Not Dating
  • Controlling Interest
  • A Dropped Stitches Christmas (Sisterhood Series #2)
  • A Fine Line (Baxter Series, #5)
  • Kissing Adrien
  • Stain of Guilt (Hidden Faces Series, #2)
  • Firestorm
aka Judy Kaye

Judy Baer was born and grew up on a farm on the prairies of North Dakota, USA. An only child, she spent most of her days with imaginary people-either those she read about or those she made up in her head. Her most ambitious conjuring did not succeed, however. She kept a clean stall with hay and oats for the horse she imagined would come but unfortunately, it never did. As an adult, ho
More about Judy Baer...
The Whitney Chronicles Million Dollar Dilemma Recipes & Wooden Spoons (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #3) The Baby Chronicles Sleeping Beauty (Fairy-Tale Series #2) (Larger Print Love Inspired #415)

“The commonplace becomes exceptional when God is involved.” 0 likes