Fading Echoes (Warriors: Omen of the Stars, #2)

Fading Echoes (Warriors: Omen of the Stars #2)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  5,354 ratings  ·  161 reviews
After the sharp-eyed Jay and the roaring Lion, peace will come on Dove's gentle wing.

Three ThunderClan cats, Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and Dovepaw, are prophesied to hold the power of the stars in their paws. Now they must work together to unravel the meaning behind the ancient words of the prophecy.

As Jayfeather tackles his new responsibilities as the Clan's sole medicine ca...more
Published March 23rd 2010 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Fading Echoes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fading Echoes

Amy
Sarah705
Wow, that was really exciting. There was so much doubt and so many secrets, and I really think that that had to do with the author's message. Dovepaw and Ivypaw, who used to tell each other everything, have lost so much trust! They each have an important secret to keep, and their secrets are really tearing them apart from each other.

I love my sister, and it's hard for me to keep even a small secret from her. I can't imagine what it would be like to have to hide everything from her. When it comes...more
~Megan~
Kirsti
:( Poor Firestar, I hate reading about him losing lives. Even from his lofty position overlooking his Clan he still remains one of my favorite characters. Dovepaw and Ivypaw are turning into legitimate characters, both with strengths and weaknesses that will come to play new parts in future books. I much prefer reading about Dovepaw though, her sense of right and wrong seem more in line with Warrior code. There's also a new romance brewing, hopefully there are more kits in the future of Thunderc...more
Joyce
Emily
Noa Leibson
In Fading Echoes, Dovepaw and Ivypaw; the main cats in the 4th series, learn more of the ways of the wild, and Dovepaw discovers her power to hear anything. At the same time, Shadowclan is plotting against Thunderclan to steal their territory, and the book ends with the clans battling each other in a great battle. Afterward, the cats learn The Dark Forest is trying to break the clans up, and the book ends there. Its a great book and a great series, an I recommend it to everyone.
Joyce
The Dark Forest is rising, and are starting to recruit Clan cats for a dark purpose. Jayfeather and the other medicine cats are warned to severe ties from all other allies and depend only on themselves. Ivypaw is recruited by the Dark Forest, though she believes that she is only training to become a stronger warrior to help her Clan. However, she overhears Tigerstar talking to some other warriors about killing all the lake cats and exacting revenge on Firestar. Ivypaw realizes the danger she is...more
Emily
I'm giving up on this series. Ever since The Sight, reading this series has been more like reading Warriors fan fiction than actual books. It's just gone on for too long.
Liza
I read a lot of these books in the 5th grade, and it just seems to me that after the 1st series, Erin Hunter's writing started to drop on the quality. All of the books are kind of the same... after a while, you want something new.It wasn't BAD or anything, but I was like, "not AGAIN!".
Michael
This is the second book in another sub-series by Erin Hunter. In this one Jayfeather and Lionblaze need to find out who is the other cat mentioned in a mysterious prophecy. I really liked this book like all warriors books. They are all well rounded with mystery and intrigue.
Collin C
**SMALL SPOILER ALERT IF NOT YET READ OMEN OF THE STARS SET**

The main characters of this book are Jayfeather a gray tabby tom that is blind, Lionblaze a golden tabby tom with amber eyes, and Dovepaw a pale gray she-cat with blue eyes and sensitive senses. The setting of this book is in a forest surrounding a lake. the conflict of this story is that the cats of the dark forest will arise once again. There has not yet been a resolution.
i thought this book was great but kind of lacked some action u...more
Vixenfur
Fading Echoes-- Second book of Omen of the stars series. Was wonderful! And I can't wait to see if LionXCinder Happens; I really want that couple to come true!
Shreya=Drastically Random. Find the emoticon.
Oh my god....I just LOVED it. BUT I AM SO SAD! I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK TO COME OUT! :(
Peacexlovexwarriors!!
I just LOVE this book!!! It is so awesome! My fave character = TIGERHEART!
704yaroslav
really good book, can't wait to read the next one in the series
Lina Giglio
I LOVE THIS BOOK. it's an amazing addition to the series.
A fox in a snowstorm
Just get worse and worse doesn't it? KILL FIRESTAR!
Samantha
Micheline
Hiu Tung ◆ Fenneltail ◆ Scorn Of The Moon
Blurb(main):
Dovepaw now knows that she is the third cat prophesied to hold the power of the stars in her paw, and she, Jayfeather, and Lionblaze begin to work together to unravel the mystery of the ancient words. But dark threats loom just beyond the forest, preying on one cat's hidden jealousy and threatening the future of Thunderclan.

Blurb(specific):
Kat (idangerous)
Elizabeth D.
i think so far this is a really great storie. its about a cat who finds out she is in the prophecy of the three and has extrodinary powers and super sharp sences.

11/14/10

Dovepaw finds out that the reason they dont have water was because there were beavers blockimg the river. she found out that the beavers were blocking up the stream because she was born in a prophecy and was part of the three cats with extrodinary powers and she could hear and smell stuff from an incredible distance. So she hea...more
Moriah Writes-a-lot
The first arc was obviously the best and since then the books have generally gone down hill. Every once in a while you get a book that breaks the cycle, like Eclipse, but I generally read the books with the ghost of the high the first arc gave me. Fading Echoes though is kind of like Eclipse, its refreshing, sure the plots dry, but at this point I don't think the Erins stand any chance of re-hydrating it. But for what they have I think they did an okay job, you sure want to pull your hair out wi...more
Jack
WOW! EPIC!! :D

Characters - 4.5/5 - I love most of them and there's a lot of awesome personalities. I prefer the characters now as I've got used to their powers and I found that there was a lot of development of the powers in this book. Jayfeather is definitely a stand-out character for me; he's incredibly intelligent, and to think he's blind is just so shocking at the same time!

Plot - 4.5/5 - Really, really good. Took a few chapters to get going, but from then on it was so exciting and gripping...more
Jordyn C.
This is about Dove-paws sister Ivy-paw getting jealous over her because she thinks that Fire-star, Lion-blaze, and Jay-feather are treating her like shes something special. After a week or 2 after their journey with the other clans it seems like Dove-paw doesn't understand the law about the borders. but then Fire-star finds out that Jay-feather, Lion-blaze, and Dove-paw are the three that will hold the power of the stars in their paws, so Fire-star has been using Dove-paw to sense any danger th...more
Ashley
Carissa Floyd
Joshua
Before I read Erin Hunters’ Warriors: Omen of the Stars: Fading Echoes, the second book of her fourth series, I had high expectations for this book, and the book passed my expectations. Like the previous book, the fantasy fiction book was great, even better than the previous book. It has a great plot that will always keep you interested. The book is about four tribes (or clans in the book) who consist of wild, yet civilized, cats. It’s split into four clans, Thunderclan, Shadowclan, Riverclan, a...more
Lionblaze 48 182 Aug 31, 2014 10:29PM
YA Book Readers!!: Fading Echoes 1 2 Aug 02, 2014 08:13AM
Warrior Cats! (Meow): Fading Echos 1 1 Aug 23, 2013 05:43PM
Warrior Cats Fore...: Fading Echoes [#2] 4 5 Sep 16, 2012 08:33AM
how you can't wait for fading echoes 7 32 Mar 30, 2010 02:15PM
  • Shadow Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #2)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • The Outlaw Varjak Paw
  • Ratha and Thistle-Chaser (The Named, #3)
  • The Tygrine Cat
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of four people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Gillian Philip, and Tui Sutherland, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Survivors.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As well as having a grea...more
More about Erin Hunter...
Into the Wild (Warriors, #1) Fire and Ice (Warriors, #2) Forest of Secrets (Warriors, #3) The Darkest Hour (Warriors, #6) Rising Storm (Warriors, #4)

“Once a friend, always a friend. Why should borders stop that?” 52 likes
“You're going to find Tigerstar. Against that fiend, every cat is helpless.” 19 likes