Start by marking “Weird Oregon: Your Travel Guide to Oregon's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets” as Want to Read:
Weird Oregon: Your Travel Guide to Oregon's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets

Weird Oregon: Your Travel Guide to Oregon's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets (Weird Travel Guides)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  81 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
The Pacific Northwest teems with colorful history and unique legends—and this tour of the Beaver State is no exception! Check out the gas station restroom that looks like cowboy boots as you search the skies for a man flying across the state in a lawn chair tethered to helium balloons. And how about visiting that “city” in eastern Oregon with a year-round population of zer ...more
Published May 4th 2010 by Sterling

To ask other readers questions about Weird Oregon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weird Oregon

Apr 03, 2014 Jennifer rated it liked it
As always, I loved the bits of history and odd stories, but was disappointed by the stingy number of location pictures.
Bryan
Jan 28, 2014 Bryan rated it liked it
Great for random OR trivia. Every state should have one.
Alison
Jul 04, 2010 Alison rated it liked it
An entertaining book that lets the reader in on the perculiararities of Oregon. Having recently moved here, it's a nice introduction to local lore. The book covers local legends, ancient mysteries, fabled people and places, beasts, strange properties, roadside oddities, haunted places, cemetaries. Yes, we have our own sitings of Bigfoot and UFOs (even here in Eagle Point). A book you browse through, a coffee table book.
Angie Agerter
Jan 09, 2011 Angie Agerter rated it really liked it
Shelves: local
I not only enjoyed the stories in this book, well most of them anyway. :) I also loved that it gave me ideas for day trips, vacations, and weekends away to visit some of these places. It had some fun stuff to visit and I'd love to get photos of. Can't wait to go back through the book and bookmarked the places I want to visit. Love these weird books.
Rebecca
Aug 26, 2010 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Very fun. I wish I could make a pilgrimmage to many, if not all, of these places. If they have one for 'Weird America,' I'm going to look into it.
Django
Feb 03, 2011 Django rated it it was amazing
What an awesome book with everything from a gravestone that reads: "I'll be back in 2 shakes of a lamb's tail", to the legend of Bandage Man!
carolyn
Apr 25, 2011 carolyn rated it really liked it
A collection of weird and wacky tidbits, many of which I was familiar with and many that were new to me. Entertaining and a fast read.
M. Pax
Sep 17, 2010 M. Pax rated it really liked it
Another great reference for me. I'm glad I got this book. I wish there was another with more legends, etc ...
David Bales
Dec 28, 2011 David Bales rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011
Quirky, but somewhat rushed and not all that weird.
Hummingbird
Hummingbird is currently reading it
Apr 23, 2016
Fivewincs
Fivewincs marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Laura rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Rhianon O'Halloran
Rhianon O'Halloran marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
matt
matt rated it liked it
Feb 29, 2016
Rainiem
Rainiem marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Sherri Garrett
Sherri Garrett marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Allie
Allie rated it it was ok
Feb 20, 2016
Hanna Roseen
Hanna Roseen rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Edward Jackson
Edward Jackson marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
Kaity
Kaity added it
Oct 09, 2015
laughing sal
laughing sal marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Jane
Jane added it
Sep 05, 2015
Erika Lemon
Erika Lemon rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2015
Steve Toler
Steve Toler rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2015
Debi Patton
Debi Patton marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Jaki
Jaki marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Weird Travel Guides (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Weird U.S.: Your Travel Guide to America's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets (Weird Travel Guides)
  • Weird U.S. The ODDyssey Continues (Weird Travel Guides)
  • Weird U.S.: A Freaky Field Trip Through the 50 States
  • Weird Arizona: Your Travel Guide to Arizona's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets
  • Weird California
  • Weird Carolinas
  • Weird Colorado: Your Travel Guide to Colorado's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets
  • Weird Florida: Your Travel Guide to Florida's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets
  • Weird Georgia
  • Weird Hollywood: Your Travel Guide to Hollywood's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets