The Giants of Philosophy Boxed Set

The Giants of Philosophy Boxed Set (The Giants of Philosopy)

3.17 of 5 stars 3.17  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  2 reviews
The Giants of Philosophy is a series of dramatic presentations, in understandable language, of the concerns, questions, interests, and overall world view of history's greatest philosophers. Special emphasis on clear and relevant explanations gives you a new arsenal of insights toward living a better life.

In this series you'll survey thirteen of the world's most important

Audio CD, 26 pages
Published March 1st 2008 by Blackstone Audiobooks (first published April 30th 2007)

Kevin
A tedious read. Organized by individual philosopher. I usually prefer to deal with a subject (an idea, not a person) at a time. While I realize that each philosopher covered have few overlapping topics, I still felt it did not pay enough attention to certain ideas. And yet too much to others.

In hindsight, it is theoretical philosophy I have issues with. Which is mostly all of what this book covered. It dealt very little with practical ethics or anything at all relevant. Which is a shame.

I find...more
Jesse De costa
Sep 24, 2012 Jesse De costa is currently reading it

An awesome audiobook series which gives a good overview of history's most influential thinkers.
Steven Zachary
Steven Zachary marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Deejay Nicke
Deejay Nicke marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2013
Jim
Jim added it
Jun 27, 2013
Jose
Jose marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2012
Jamie Bigham
Jamie Bigham marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2012
Shaun Henderson
Shaun Henderson marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2011
The Trial and Execution of Socrates: Sources and Controversies Aristotle (The Giants of Philosophy) Socrates on Trial Plato's Socrates Socrates (The World of Philosophy)