Start by marking “Homeplace” as Want to Read:
Homeplace

Homeplace (Coldwater Cove #1)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  226 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Contemporary and compelling, the novels of JoAnn Ross draw their power from the laughter and tears that fill women's lives. Now, after her triumphant bestseller A Woman's Heart, she makes a dazzling Pocket Books debut with a richly emotional tale of a woman struggling with her unconventional family...and a deep longing for a love of her own.
Fighting legal battles eighty
Published December 29th 2006 by Pocket Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Homeplace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Homeplace

Willow
I picked this one up hoping I was discovering a contemporary romance on par with my beloved, Susan Elizabeth Phillips. It was all there in the set up: successful small town girl made good in the big city with her own demons to outrun and parental issues to sort through is pulled back home to her sleepy, gorgeously green hometown where her spitfire grandmother has taken in three runaways and has told them to batten down the hatches and not let any of the police into their home which has created a ...more
Anna
I recommend JoAnn Ross for those who enjoy a good, decently written romance (and be thankful I just censored myself from saying something rude about other writers). she doesn't give you the emotional rollercoaster of Elizabeth Lowell but instead, it's a sweet romance, the equivalent of walking through a valley of flowers or riding a merry-go-round (unless you're like me and are terrified of the horses and the mechanism that keeps them going up and down -- I'm complicated, okay?).

Homeplace is abo
Jimmyjane
Ohhh, this book almost reached perfection in my fluffy, crawl onto the couch with a cup of hot chocolate and draw up a cashmere blanket on a rainy afternoon quest. I love it right down to the names of the characters- Raine and Jack. It's one of my absolute favorite comfort reads, the lit equivalent of fresh-baked cookies, a patch of soft green grass underfoot, the scent of honeysuckle in the air. Gah, it just makes me want to don a pretty apron and bake the hell out of an afternoon- it has that ...more
Christine
Typical boy and girl have problems and fall in love
Wendy
Joann Ross is an amazing writer. She always captures my attention with her vibrant and funny characters. I think over all I have read more of her books than any other author. I didn't intend for it to be that way, it just happened. This book is a really touching story that will have you laughing and crying through out the book. Definately a 5 out of 5 stars.
Pamela
Homeplace is not as good as JoAnn Ross' other books and this was 386 pages but if you are bored it is an okay read.
Shava Vohs
Excellent book-great writing-comparable to Linda Lael Miller and/or Nora Roberts. Cant wait to read more of hers.
Dee
This was a tear jerker!! I would highly recommed this one to anyone who is looking for a good read!
Emily
Good book. Makes you think sometimes you need to slow down and enjoy the things around you.
Cindy Kester
My first time reading this author and I will read more. A very enjoyable romance.
Leslie Elder
Joann Ross's books are good, simple reds. Love the setting by the ocean.
Kathy
Enjoyed the story, on par with her Shelter Bay series
Kirtina Perry
Loved it, ive read it over and over again.
Jody
wonderful story
PWRL
Jul 26, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Ryan Becker
Ryan Becker marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Dayna
Dayna added it
Dec 10, 2014
Kathleen S
Kathleen S marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Lja
Lja marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Jo
Jo added it
Nov 17, 2014
Chris Starr
Chris Starr marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
S
S marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Michele Stewart
Michele Stewart marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
  • Beyond His Control (Harlequin Blaze #384)
  • When I'm With You
  • Cinderella in Overalls
  • In Love with Eleanor Rigby
  • Sing Me Home (Love Finds a Home, #1)
  • Old Desires
  • One for the Road
  • Reunion at Mossy Creek (Mossy Creek, #2)
  • Texas Pride (Night Riders, #6)
  • Jezebel's Blues (Silhouette Special Edition, #785)
  • Night Magic
  • Death by Cake (The Lost Secret, #1)
  • That Devil Moon
  • Must Love Mistletoe (Holidays, #1)
  • The Boldest Man in Ballymuir (Ballymuir, #2)
  • Triple Exposure
  • Dalton's Undoing (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #3)
  • Bound By Honor
New York Times bestselling author JoAnn Ross has written around a hundred novels for a bunch of publishers. Two of her titles have been excerpted in Cosmopolitan magazine and her books have also been published by the Doubleday, Rhapsody, Literary Guild, and Mystery Guild book clubs.

A member of the Romance Writers of America's Honor Roll of best-selling authors, she's won several awards, including
More about JoAnn Ross...
Freefall (High Risk #1) The Homecoming (Shelter Bay, #1) One Summer (Shelter Bay, #2) On Lavender Lane (Shelter Bay, #3) Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)