Start by marking “Homeplace” as Want to Read:
Homeplace

Homeplace (Coldwater Cove #1)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  277 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Contemporary and compelling, the novels of JoAnn Ross draw their power from the laughter and tears that fill women's lives. Now, after her triumphant bestseller A Woman's Heart, she makes a dazzling Pocket Books debut with a richly emotional tale of a woman struggling with her unconventional family...and a deep longing for a love of her own.
Fighting legal battles eighty
Published December 29th 2006 by Pocket Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Homeplace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Homeplace

Willow
I picked this one up hoping I was discovering a contemporary romance on par with my beloved, Susan Elizabeth Phillips. It was all there in the set up: successful small town girl made good in the big city with her own demons to outrun and parental issues to sort through is pulled back home to her sleepy, gorgeously green hometown where her spitfire grandmother has taken in three runaways and has told them to batten down the hatches and not let any of the police into their home which has created a ...more
Anna
Feb 14, 2009 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recommend JoAnn Ross for those who enjoy a good, decently written romance (and be thankful I just censored myself from saying something rude about other writers). she doesn't give you the emotional rollercoaster of Elizabeth Lowell but instead, it's a sweet romance, the equivalent of walking through a valley of flowers or riding a merry-go-round (unless you're like me and are terrified of the horses and the mechanism that keeps them going up and down -- I'm complicated, okay?).

Homeplace is abo
Linda
Another great read by JoAnn Ross. This time we met Raine Cantrell, a big city lawyer, who has come to Coldwater Cove, Washington to help her Grandmother out just for a short time but ends of helping herself instead. Sheriff Jack O'Halloran was not looking for love but the minute he met Raine, his whole world was turned upside down and so was his daughter's. It took three teenagers to make Raine stop long enough to see what she really wanted wasn't in New York but here at home.
Jan
Jan 23, 2015 Jan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Gift from a friend.

Romance. Young lawyer returns to her home from New York. She has worked long and hard to "escape". Comes home to take care of a family crisis. Has issues with a "flower child type" mother. Who never grew up. Her gran raised her and her sisters
and has taken in foster children.

Lawyer falls in love with local Sheriff, resolves family issues. Moves back home.
Darlene Wilson
Mar 07, 2016 Darlene Wilson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fighting legal battles 80 hrs a wk has left Raine Cantrell burned out and empty.Sheriff Jack O'Halloran - a man with tragedy in his past and a 6 yr old daughter to raise alone - 3 teens barricaded in a house- c'mon crazies!
Jimmyjane
Jan 12, 2008 Jimmyjane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ohhh, this book almost reached perfection in my fluffy, crawl onto the couch with a cup of hot chocolate and draw up a cashmere blanket on a rainy afternoon quest. I love it right down to the names of the characters- Raine and Jack. It's one of my absolute favorite comfort reads, the lit equivalent of fresh-baked cookies, a patch of soft green grass underfoot, the scent of honeysuckle in the air. Gah, it just makes me want to don a pretty apron and bake the hell out of an afternoon- it has that ...more
Christine
Typical boy and girl have problems and fall in love
Wendy
Joann Ross is an amazing writer. She always captures my attention with her vibrant and funny characters. I think over all I have read more of her books than any other author. I didn't intend for it to be that way, it just happened. This book is a really touching story that will have you laughing and crying through out the book. Definately a 5 out of 5 stars.
Pamela
May 11, 2012 Pamela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Homeplace is not as good as JoAnn Ross' other books and this was 386 pages but if you are bored it is an okay read.
Shava Vohs
Apr 05, 2010 Shava Vohs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book-great writing-comparable to Linda Lael Miller and/or Nora Roberts. Cant wait to read more of hers.
Dee
Nov 03, 2008 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a tear jerker!! I would highly recommed this one to anyone who is looking for a good read!
Emily
Jan 23, 2011 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. Makes you think sometimes you need to slow down and enjoy the things around you.
Cindy Kester
Nov 27, 2011 Cindy Kester rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first time reading this author and I will read more. A very enjoyable romance.
Leslie Elder
Oct 08, 2012 Leslie Elder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joann Ross's books are good, simple reds. Love the setting by the ocean.
Kathy
Sep 18, 2013 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: joann-ross
Enjoyed the story, on par with her Shelter Bay series
Kirtina Perry
Jun 13, 2011 Kirtina Perry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it, ive read it over and over again.
Jody
Jennie P. Hoffman
Jennie P. Hoffman marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Ida Silva
Ida Silva rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Maria Toner
Maria Toner is currently reading it
Jun 29, 2016
Nancy Clark
Nancy Clark rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
Nina
Nina added it
Jun 20, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
  • The Wedding Raffle (The Wedding, #1)
  • Summer in Mossy Creek (Mossy Creek, #3)
  • When I'm with You
  • Amazing Gracie
  • One for the Road
  • Hearts Divided: 5-B Poppy Lane\The Apple Orchard\Liberty Hall (Cedar Cove, #5.5)
  • Evil Genius
  • Dangerous Flirtation
  • The Boldest Man in Ballymuir (Ballymuir, #2)
  • Jezebel's Blues
  • Death by Cake (The Lost Secret, #1)
  • In Love with Eleanor Rigby
  • Texas Pride (Night Riders, #6)
  • Sing Me Home (Love Finds a Home, #1)
  • Night Magic
  • Cinderella in Overalls
  • Night Angel
  • The Spring at Moss Hill (Swift River Valley, #6)
New York Times bestselling author JoAnn Ross has written over a hundred novels for a bunch of publishers. Two of her titles have been excerpted in Cosmo and her books have also been published by the Doubleday, Rhapsody, Literary Guild, and Mystery Guild book clubs.

A member of the Romance Writers of America's Honor Roll of best-selling authors, she's won several awards, including Romantic Times's
More about JoAnn Ross...