Start by marking “Comment tuer un monstre (Chair de poule, #34) (Goosebumps, #46)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Comment tuer un monstr...

R.L. Stine

Comment tuer un monstre (Chair de poule, #34) (Goosebumps #46)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  2,992 ratings  ·  78 reviews
Gretchen and her brother think that Grandma Rose and Grandpa Eddie are seriously weird. Why do they live in the middle of a swamp? Who eats all the food that Grandma is forever cooking? And what's in the room upstairs which is permanently locked? The room with growling noises coming from it.
Published (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Comment tuer un monstre (Chair de poule, #34), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Comment tuer un monstre (Chair de poule, #34)

Carmen
Apr 28, 2015 Carmen rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
I stared up into his hideous face - and gasped.

His eyes were deep, dark pools - with tiny worms swimming in them!

Ew, nasty.
...

Okay, this is a little different from regular Goosebumps books - the monster shows up early, about 55% of the way through the novel.

Gretchen and her stepbrother Clark (I think this is the second Goosebumps books where there are divorced parents), are being unceremoniously dropped off at their grandma and grandpa's house in Georgia.

They are shocked to find that their grand
Ger Francus
I loved this book! I've read it about a year or two ago, and just LOVED it! It's such a creepy, scary and thrilling story that I've read it in two days (and yeah, that's fast for me! ).

In don't want to spoil anything, but there's a huge and totally unexpected twist in the middle of the book, and you think; OMG, how will those two ever survive this? xD - You really want them to succeed, but they don't! You feel the struggle and them being so afraid, and just have no clue what to do... And that's
David Santos
If I didn't have to review books for my website I'd just skip straight to the final 10 chapters.

The title of the book is boring which made the development of the plot drag on and on and on. The title doesn't start to make since until around page 82. Two children are left alone in a house with a monster....talk about child neglect sheesh. Anyways I'm glad the book only has 112 pages. Any more pages and I would have thrown myself out the window. A real borefest, not one of R.L.'s best work. I'd su
Danny
Ahhh, the Goosebump days. I would borrow so many of these from the library they seriously considered extending my limit of books checked out at one time. R.L. Stine you were a reprieve from a harsh and dreary childhood in which my mind wandered far away from the troubles of the day. I stole books into my bed and read far into the night by the faintest of lights. I might have better eyesight were it not for you; however, I regret not one page or line.
Ros
This book, along with "Welcome To Dead House", is my favorite book in the Goosebump series. I absolutely loved it. I remember when I first read it it was amazing. The only thing I didn't like was the grandparents. Who in their right mind would lock their grandkids in a house with a monster? Now, that part, in my opinion, is ridiculous. Nonetheless, this book was great. It was fun to read.
JJ
Sep 25, 2007 JJ rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: R.L. Stine Fans
Shelves: goosebumps, fantasy
Where is sequel?
Aliya
I really liked the book because it was a book that I understood and enjoyed.Also if I had a chance to keep reading goosebumps I would cause I love those books.I would recommend this book to other people because I think they would like it cause I did.Once I started reading most of it i just wanted to keep reading it cause it was a good book.This book had me laugh a couple time cause the way they said things but on the other had I thought some of the parts weird.

There are the two kids, one Gretch
Ms.
May 13, 2009 Ms. rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who loves suspenseful books
Recommended to Ms. by: no one
Shelves: grant-y
Glenn
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

There's quite a difference between a fun, silly story for kids and just lazy writing. This book falls into the latter category. First of all, these have to be the worst grandparents in history. Who in their right mind would lock their grandchildren up in the house with a monster? And don't even get me started on how they end up "killing" the monster. I really hope this book wasn't written by Stine.

Read from June 24, 2014 - June 24, 2014
Kebo
this book is about a boy and his sister and they are at they grandparnets house.but the next day they hear something in the room upstair and there was something on the bed cover up and it was a monster. the monster chase them until they trap it.they made something up and the monster blow up.at night time they found another note and it said do not go outside at night because more of the monster come from the lake.
αηηє-נéℓα ƒ
my review..... what i learned from this book... ummm. nothing. but its a classic absolutely classic. :P lol. ive been reading these since i was a child. :D
Ericjnunez
I LOVED THIS BOOK ALOT
Casey
It has been years since I read this particular book. That being said, I can still recall so much of this book and it has carried with me over the years. I remember curling up under my blankets with a flashlight reading and rereading this book over the summer when I was free to sleep in late. Something about this book fascinated me and prevented me from putting it down. I was the child with a nose constantly between the pages of a well worn book and this book was most often the one I was lost in.
Jessica
How to Kill a Monster (Goosebumps #46)
by R.L. Stine

In this fiction horror thriller. Gretchen and Clark are staying with their grandparents, and they're not alone. When, Gretchen and Clark were told by their parents that they had to stay with their grandparents for three weeks. The children said they did not want to go to swamp land. The children said, good bye to their parents and went into the house. The first day that they were there the grandparents locked the doors and left them in the house
Mariana
I read the first books of the Goosebumps when I was very little and I realy enjoyed but sadly not all books of Goosebumps were published or weren't found in my area so I only read a few. As I found more of those in the past few days I decided to at least try to finish the series evev if they are to childish for me. It is a very good way to make children starting to read. The stories are enjoyable and ti is a very easy reading. Definitely one of those books parents should buy to their kids.
Ixchel
READ BUT BEWARE YOU CHOOSE A SCARE!!! Monster Blood is a great story about a boy and a girl. They go to their grandparents house which is in the swamp. They find out their grandparents have a secret room and when their grandparents are gone they sneak into the room. They find out that there is a monster in that secret room and later on in the story the monster attacks them. If you want to find out what happens to them then read the book. Will they get out you find out.
Brenda
This is the first goosebumps I ever read. I found a copy of it in an abandoned apartment when I was 10 and I still have it. The pages are worn and the cover is now missing but is still my favorite of them all.
Ira
This was our first R.L. Stine book and it was so much fun!
Kaeley already picked out the one she is going to get from the library next week. Already looking forward to it.
Kayleigh Offley
This was one of my favourite goosebumps books when I was little. I really enjoyed re-reading it, and am excited to keep reading more of my old favourites :)
Lauren Bemrose
it's about Gretchen and Clark who been dropped off at there grandparents house. they find out that there was a locked room with a monster in it, Clark wanted to play hide and seek and Gretchen thought he was in the locked room but wasn't, it was the monster. so there grandparents left them there with the monster on the lose. they found the letters on the fridge to how to kill it so at the end they finally killed it because the monster licked Gretchens arm and it was allergic to humans. in the se ...more
Ivi_reads
I read this YEARS ago twice! now I feel like reading it again
Mr
This story is about 2 main characters named Gretchen and Clark who hates to go to their grandparent but they have to go. Their grandpa is deaf and their grandma is obsessed with baking. Also they live in a swamp where monster live. When the kids are in the house enjoying themselve something seems to be odd in a room,the lock room that is kind of unsafe and they were not allow in the room. When they relize they were alone in the house ,Gretchen opens the door, a monster! Clark and Gretchen had to ...more
Alijah
IT FELT REALLY GOOD TO SLOW DOWN AND READ BELOW READING LEVEL BOOK LIKE THIS ONE. THIS BOOK IS OKAY IF YOU WANT TO TAKE A BREAK FROM HARDCORE BOOKS. THIS BOOK IS ABOUT TWO CHILDREN NAMED GRETCHEN AND CLARK AND THEY SPOILER ALERT;THEY GO TO THEIR GRANDPARENTS HOUSE AND END UP HAVING TO KILL A MONSTER.THE PROBLEM IS THEY HAVE A HARD TIME DOING SO.

I THINK THIS IS A BOOK FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE A LITTLE SUSPENSE , NOT A WHOLE LOT OF SUSPENSE.THIS IS AN OKAY BOOK BY MY STANDARDS I REALLY NEEDED A BREAK
Wing Kit
Who wouldn't be afraid of living alone with just a sibling in a home with a vicious monster on the loose. Gretchen and Clark are staying at their grandparent's home while their parents are on a business trip. It was normal and boring until they find a locked room that's been causing a lot of noise. In that room, was a monster. What would they do? Were they any more?

How were Gretchen's and Clark's grandparents able to live through such terror knowing that there was a beast in their home? I would
Alex
Read this a while ago, it's not too shabby.
Sam
This book was terrible among heights. The worst of all the Goosebumps, I keep dubbing it. The humor was slaughtered, the horror was cheesy, the drama was abominable, and I kept seething to myself more and more as I turned the pages. Luckily I finished this in one day so I could completely believe that Goosebumps books CAN BE THIS BAD. This might be even the Fourth Musketeer of Failure on my list! Like, CHICKEN CHICKEN bad. If you've read that book, you'd know that it's HORRIBLY bad. But that's a ...more
Hana
Ahhh! This brings up memories. One of my favorite goosebumps books!
Ica Surjo
Goosebumps seri ini ceritanya nyebelin banget. Masa ada kakek dan nenek yang tega meninggalkan cucunya seorang diri di dalam rumah bersama dengan monster rawa? sewaktu cucunya dititipkan sudah ada monster itu dalam rumah, lha anehnya mereka menerima kedua cucunya menginap di rumah mereka yang dikelilingi rawa tanpa tetangga dengan alasan: karena mereka selama ini tidak pernah kedatangan tamu. Gila!
  • The Sickness (Animorphs, #29)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Ghosts: Tales to Haunt You
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)