Start by marking “Dangerous Allies (WWII Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Allies (WWII Series, #1)

Dangerous Allies (WWII #1)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  30 reviews
In Nazi Germany, British agent Jack Anderson risks his life working undercover as an SS officer. And his latest mission--to uncover intelligence about a secret Nazi weapon--is his most perilous yet. Especially since he'll have to work with Katarina Kerensky. The famous actress is too dangerous to trust--and too beautiful to ignore.Desperate to save her mother from the Gest ...more
Published September 14th 2010 by Steeple Hill (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Allies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Allies

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
This was truly an incredible book, in my opinion. Ms. Ryan captured the fear and the isolation that a person who is in a harrowing situation and who is trying to do the right thing feels. I cannot even imagine what it must have been like for Jack and Katarina, trapped in an environment where evil is fostered and rewarded, and the slightest mistake could end up with one's horrible demise or failure in a mission to save lives.

What I truly appreciated was how the author wrote a fictional story that
SheLove2Read
Jun 20, 2011 SheLove2Read rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to SheLove2Read by: Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" Hill Danielle "The Book Huntress" Hill
They came to watch her die.

One of the most intriguing first lines I've read and definitely sparked my interest in a subject few authors tackle, let alone a romantic fiction author. I can sum up this book in one word: incredible! But why would I want to do that? *smiles*

The setting is World War Two Nazi Germany. Imagine being undercover, surrounded by not only Nazi's but entrenched in a spy game that at any moment your slightest mistake could get you killed. Now imagine you're of Jewish ancestry.
Oana

*Full disclosure: I picked this book up only based on the cover, blurb and the WW2 setting, which is my absolute favorite historical time frame. I had no idea this was also labeled as “Christian Fiction” and it was supposed to have an inspirational message. To be completely honest, before joining GR and getting more acquainted with the American reading habits (I being European and all), I had no idea this was a literary genre. I don’t want to offend in any way the people who understood
Brandy
Feb 16, 2011 Brandy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: YES!
I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this story!...I fell in LOVE with Jack Anderson aka Freidrich Reiter and Katarina Kerensky...The STORYLINE, EVERYTHING!...DEFINITELY going on my to keep bookshelf. DEFINITELY fast becoming a FAN of Renee Ryan...Also, LOVE the BEAUTIFUL cover art!
Barbara
Aug 28, 2010 Barbara rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys historical fiction set during WWII
This is an excellent story set at the beginning of WWII. Renee Ryan has done an admirable job representing what the life of a spy might have been like, the risks they took, and what their mistakes might cost them. You also sense the cold, steely indifference of Nazi SS officers within her descriptions of their actions and expressions. Most of it was not predictable at all; I found myself wondering which way the story might go several times. The one thing that did disappoint me was that Ms. Ryan ...more
Julie
Aug 02, 2010 Julie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: inspy romance fans, historical romance
Troubled times often inspire intense romance. Each day is an unknown, faith is tested, and what good is present must be grasped with both hands. In Dangerous Allies, set during WWII Nazi Germany, Renee Ryan has created an inspirational romance that is not only intense but thought provoking. This fast moving tale of suspense features a tortured alpha hero and a smart, engaging heroine, each with their own secrets to hide. As these two explore the challenges of being Christians fighting a very pre ...more
Stuart Hargreaves
Aug 26, 2010 Stuart Hargreaves rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: MOST PEOPLE
Recommended to Stuart by: GOOD READS
I RECEIVED THIS BOOK AS A PRIZE IN A GOOD READ COMPETITION YESTERDAY, BEING AN AVID READER I DECIDED TO READ THE BOOK DESPITE IT BEING A HISTORICAL/ROMANTIC NOVEL WHICH ISN'T MY NORMAL READING CHOICE. I NORMALLY READ MYSTERIES AND THRILLERS HOWEVER I ENJOYED AND FOUND, THIS BOOK A COMPULSIVE READ. I KEPT SECOND GUESSING PEOPLES MOTIVES WHY WAS ELENA MARRYING A NAZI, WOULD THEY ALL END UP IN ENGLAND OF COURSE I WAS WRONG ON BOTH ACCOUNTS WOULD THERE BE A HAPPY ENDING I WILL LET YOU READ TO FOR YO ...more
Sandie Mixa
This book swept me away from the first few pages and I was hooked! There's something about female spies who are good at what they do and unselfish in their motives....and meet handsome equally dedicated male spies who challenge them. I didn't want this book to end.
Terri
I love it! This is great story I ever read.
Judy
Dangerous Allies by Renee Ryan ISBN978-0-373-82844-9
This book takes place in Nazi, German from November 1939 to February 1940. Renee's writing brings you to be part of the espionage, slinking through enemy territory, watching every dark corner and every word spoken. Never knowing who is friend or enemy and knowing all the walls have ears.

Jack Anderson is an American working with the British. Freidrich Reiter was sent to kill Jack and impersonate him but the table turned and now Jack is undercove
Ruth
Deep in the Third Reich, Katia Kerensky plays a dangerous game. The dispossessed daughter of a murdered Russian prince, Katia came of age in her mother's German homeland, becoming a popular stage actress. But the princess's most radical role is wrapped up in her deepest secret -- with a Jewish maternal grandparent, Katia works as a spy for the British to defeat the Nazi agenda and secure her mother's protection. Jack Anderson is Katia's latest contact -- an American working for the British in de ...more
Wendy Sparkes
Wow! I can see why this book won the 2011 The Daphne Du Maurier Award For Excellence In Mystery/Suspense, Inspirational Division. The intrigue level was exceedingly high for most of the book. I found it very engaging - although not at all restful!

Katarina Kerensky is an exiled Russian princess living in Germany. Horrified at what the Nazi's are doing,she is working for the British, getting them the information they require to help protect Britain & to win against the Germans. An excellent ac
Pygmy
K.d. Fleming
I fell in love with Ms. Ryan's writing through her Charity House series. So even though I'm not a huge WWII historical reader, her name on the book as the author was enough to have me buy it.
Amazing. It was full of intrigue and the desperation of the many cultures of people who were involved in the war.

It kept me riveted through the last page. Excellent story.
Andrea
May 30, 2013 Andrea rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Wow I'm not sure what to say about this one. It wasn't bad, just very bittersweet? The only thing that stopped me from giving it a 5 star was the constant use of God, Lord and the christianity in the book. It was so overdone to a point where I had to stop reading and giving myself a bit of rest or else I'd have given up completely. I understand they were during times of war and their faith was something people hung on to a lot, but it was a bit too extreme.

The moments between Katarina and Jack
Cindi

Some readers, this one included, usually don't read a lot of romance. They sometimes find the dialogue overwrought with emotion and the situations unbelievable with too much drama. However, sometimes, especially in the case of "Dangerous Allies" by Renee Ryan, those elements are absent from the story and the book actually pleasantly surprises the reader. This is one of those times.

Continue reading on Examiner.com A review of Dangerous Allies, WWII spies, Nazis, and romance - San Francisco Chris
Julia
I don't think I've ever read a more unrealistic love story. It was like... BAM!!! Katia and Jack love each other! There was no middle ground. I mean, I guess I believe in love at first site but this was just ridiculous. The characters were just soooo unbelievable and soooo stereotypical I couldn't stop scoffing at basically every other page. OH! and the ending, so crazy! It ended perfect, almost too perfect.

On a positive note I very much enjoyed the historical parts of the story. Although I'm n
Joanna
Loved this book! Just amazing! :)
Tania
Dangerous Allies is one of the few novels that I have read set WWII Nazi Germany, Renee Ryan has created my absolute favorite characters the tortured selfless alpha hero, and the smart independent also selfless heroine.both keeping a secret,besides the romance itself my favorite thing was that i was kept on my toes, like was stated before me, you just had to question peoples motives add in that both that both of then are spys, and you have a wanderfull mix if history and romance. I really enjoye ...more
Deanna
A wonderful book! I loved the two main characters! There was romance and action which are two of my fave! The book is set in Nazi Germany which is not a common time in history to set a romance novel. This being said it was perfect for our main characters who were definitely brave and heroic. I loved that together they found the return of their faith in God. All in all if you love action, romance and God you'll really enjoy this book!!
Bookworm1
okay, the romance was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! The kisses could use more detail, but otherwise good. i only had one problem. not enough drama. then again my opinion may not mean much, because compared to the drama i deal with my sister EVERY SINGLE DAY this is nothing. what i mean is it needs more drama for a WWII/spy/romance novel. the one with savannah had more drama. (that's right savvy, your story was dramatic)
Melissa
Aug 13, 2011 Melissa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
This book is amazing. From the riveting plot to the interesting and cool characters, Dangerous Allies has it all. The only drawback...it ended. I really would like a sequel but why stop there, I want a trilogy on what happens next. I think it is doable.
I will most certainly be reading the rest of Renee Ryan's books I can get my hands on.
Cheri
A story set at the beginning of WWII in Germany. Both Jack and Katarina have chosen a path of danger. Each of them has a secret that must not be revealed. A fast paced read, my only disappointment is that I would have liked it to have a sequel.
Etinosa Omoigiade
Great book! Filled with suspense and intrigue from the beginning. Great characters as well. Well written and highly recommended for anyone who likes historical fiction in a war setting. Enjoy!
MariaFernanda
I loved it, but near the end, it dwindled for me. It started out very funny and intriguing, but afterwards, it just flattened out for me- a real disappointment. Nonetheless,good book!
Christine Johnson
I loved this book! Katia and Jack are real heroes, and I was scared for them until the end. Wonderful story with heartfelt characters. Thank you, Renee, for bringing their story alive.
Erin
I felt the story went a bit too quickly, I enjoyed the heroine, even if I was a little bit skeptical of her amazing control considering the conflict in her mind.
Claudia Rosa
Fantastic romance set in World War II.
It has a lot of suspense and danger. I couldn't put it down!
Renee Ryan did an excellent work! I loved it!
Christina Reed
LOVE the Historical Novel. It was during Nazis Germany & World War II times.
Mary
Great book
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 19, 2015 02:19PM
  • The Protector
  • Kansas Courtship (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #3)
  • Soaring Home
  • The Reluctant Outlaw (Smoky Mountain Matches, #1)
  • Mail Order Cowboy (Brides of Simpson Creek, #1)
  • The Runaway Bride
  • Engaging the Earl
  • The Doctor's Mission
  • The Aristocrat's Lady
  • Homefront Hero
  • A Convenient Wife
  • Sanctuary for a Lady
  • Highland Hearts
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • The Captain's Lady
  • Marrying Miss Marshal
  • The Earl's Mistaken Bride (The Parson's Daughters, #1)
  • The Captain's Courtship
Renee Ryan grew up in a small Florida beach town. Surfing didn’t work for her, but that didn’t keep her from watching others tackle the waves. To entertain herself during those countless hours of “laying-out”, she read many of the classics. It wasn’t until the summer between her sophomore and junior years at Florida State University that she read her first romance novel. Hooked from page one, she ...more
More about Renee Ryan...

WWII (2 books)
  • Courting the Enemy (WWII Series, #2)
The Lawman Claims His Bride (Charity House, #4) Mistaken Bride (Irish Brides, #2) Heartland Wedding (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #2) The Marshal Takes a Bride (Charity House, #1) Loving Bella (Charity House, #3)